Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Mack Hits Free Agency
I'd rather sign Stefen Wisniewski. Much much cheaper, but still a pretty nice upgrade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 07:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it's ever a cap issue, you can just cut Kirkpatrick and you save $7.5m. (Which should happen anyway, $7.5m is ridiculous for a bust and one of the worst CB in the league.)

Use that to pay the majority of Mack's 2016 cap h
it.

seems every one is matched up against always 4,5,6 steps ahead of Dre  Mad
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 02:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That kinda scares me. He is getting older seems like he has been around awhile. I have respect for the name. But its not like I am an avid Browns watcher. Twice a year is pretty much it. A big name older guy is general a good start when you want to think of free agent flops. 

And he opted out of his big contract because he expects even more. 

A first and second round pick last year , two high paid guards , a high paid left tackle , and one of the Bengals super rare trade up targets entering his 3rd year that plays the same position. 

As far as unrealistic dreams. Mack is up towards the top of that list.

Not completely true, how many times has he been on a winning team? 0. He expressed in the off season that he would opt out because he wants to go to a winning team for a change. The money will be there for him either way. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 09:22 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: seems every one is matched up against always 4,5,6 steps ahead of Dre  Mad

That's why we gave up the most pass yards in the league and couldn't do a thing on defense.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 03:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's why we gave up the most pass yards in the league and couldn't do a thing on defense.  Ninja

No, but it was why Kirkpatrick has the 2nd most missed tackles at the CB position, was 11th most in YAC allowed, and was 3rd in the entire league in penalties at all positions. Ninja

Nelson balling out at deep safety really helped Kirk's season from being even uglier.

Not that PFF is the end-all be-all of grading metriics, but they did rank Kirkpatrick as the 9th worst corner in the league last year. (That's all corners, not just starters, so out of much more than 64.)

...and they're going to pay him $7.5m for that performance.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dre's picked up option speaks more to the position than his performance. Dennard is promising but coming off an injury, the two vets are UFA's and Shaw is a promising tweener. It's good to have potential, but they're in need of long term stability. That's why I'm not upset with Dre's deal this year but I'd be upset if they felt they had to give him a bigger long term deal due to instability at CB and continuity. Not sure how much substance the rumors have, but Vinny and Sanu are already being talked of offers that are higher than what we think are reasonable so just think of what Dre's situation may be in a year.

Back to Mack, I'll agree with others that center isn't a big money spot for Cincy. They need to look at a descent vet as insurance, and I'd be open ears to a mid round guard/center type.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 08:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No, but it was why Kirkpatrick has the 2nd most missed tackles at the CB position, was 11th most in YAC allowed, and was 3rd in the entire league in penalties at all positions. Ninja

Nelson balling out at deep safety really helped Kirk's season from being even uglier.

Not that PFF is the end-all be-all of grading metriics, but they did rank Kirkpatrick as the 9th worst corner in the league last year. (That's all corners, not just starters, so out of much more than 64.)

That is pretty sad, don't reward the guy for that shit play for sure.

I am with you, i think Shaw or Dennard could be better right off the bat.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 08:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No, but it was why Kirkpatrick has the 2nd most missed tackles at the CB position, was 11th most in YAC allowed, and was 3rd in the entire league in penalties at all positions. Ninja

Actually Nelson missed a decent amount of coverages in zone this year that got pinned on Kirkpatrick. 
The missed tackles is a problem.

The penalties are a joke. He got flagged 3 times on plays he wasn't even involved in. 
Reply/Quote