Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the bengals trying to move up in the draft?
A siriusXM guy is claiming the bengals and viking are battling for TCU's Josh Doctson. Do you believe it?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/27/11517862/nfl-trade-rumors-bengals-trying-to-move-up-in-nfl-draft-for-josh
Reply/Quote
Don't think the Bengals will try to move up.
Reply/Quote
Dont tease. It may depend on who Jay Gruden likes more, Lewis or Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
I'm doubtful that the Bengals are wanting to move upward, in the 1st round.  They only have 7 picks to work with, this year...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Vikes can have Doctson.

Reply/Quote
Believe it when I see it
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:24 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Vikes can have Doctson.

Zim needs to keep his hands to himself
Reply/Quote
Even if the vikes land doctson, i'd be cool with fuller.

With his speed, he is exactly what we need opposite of AJ
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:53 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Zim needs to keep his hands to himself

I think Doctson's separation problems will be exposed in the NFL. CBs gave him too much cushion in college. Great jump ball guy but we already have AJ. I'd rather have some speed to spread the field.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm doubtful that the Bengals are wanting to move upward, in the 1st round.  They only have 7 picks to work with, this year...

True but we might be getting 3 or 4 Comp picks next year. I know those cant be traded but we may be willing to deal one of our standard picks next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:00 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I think Doctson's separation problems will be exposed in the NFL. CBs gave him too much cushion in college. Great jump ball guy but we already have AJ. I'd rather have some speed to spread the field.

And we kinda lost that in MLJ. Straight line speed only goes so far if you can't win those deep balls, he does better than anyone in this class by far. Never saw a separation problem, his routes are fairly good but the way he works his hands and out muscles tight coverage work is top notch.

He's the best option in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:00 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I think Doctson's separation problems will be exposed in the NFL. CBs gave him too much cushion in college. Great jump ball guy but we already have AJ. I'd rather have some speed to spread the field.
We don't need a speed guy opposite AJ, we need a possession receiver, which Michael Thomas is, and he also brings big play ability.
(04-28-2016, 03:01 AM)TKUHL Wrote: True but we might be getting 3 or 4 Comp picks next year. I know those cant be traded but we may be willing to deal one of our standard picks next year.

Starting next year, they will be able to be traded.

If anything, I think we'll move down, not up, and get extra picks, especially if someone wants a receiver, wants to jump the Steelers for a corner, or wants to grab a QB (Denver or Cleveland).
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We don't need a speed guy opposite AJ, we need a possession receiver, which Michael Thomas is, and he also brings big play ability.

Starting next year, they will be able to be traded.

If anything, I think we'll move down, not up, and get extra picks, especially if someone wants a receiver, wants to jump the Steelers for a corner, or wants to grab a QB (Denver or Cleveland).

I think we do. We need both actually.

Reply/Quote
We've not really got the extra picks to move around so I think we stay put (or move back if anything...)

The loss of MLJ really p*sses me off ..particularly as it sounds like the money was close. First time in a while it feels like our BPA approach at the top of the draft is going to be tested.

I hope we stay true to the board but I'm worried there's a run on WR's just before us with Texans, Vikings and we reach on someone.
Reply/Quote
We won't trade up and give up picks when we only have 7. Sadly I think Doctson will be gone before pick 24. I think we'll take BPA and end up getting a receiver in 2nd or 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:52 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I think we do. We need both actually.

I think we've got that already in Mario Alford... From the tape I saw.. I rather have Mario Alford than Will Fuller.. just my opinion.. I rather take a DT or LB in 1st and a Sterling Shepard or Tyler Boyd in the 2nd instead of taking Will Fuller..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
If they are trying to move up I hope its in the 2nd round. Especially if Jaylon Smith starts to free fall. I am not going to be surprised at all if they go WR and WR with the first 2 picks. Fuller/Treadwell/Doctson in first Miller/Thomas/Boyd in 2nd Trade up and get Smith in the late 2nd The use the rest of your picks on LB's DT's and DB's. I know every team has holes but if you really take a good look at the Bengals roster, the depth is pretty good..Lots of my friends here are very jealous of the depth we have.
Reply/Quote
I have a hard time really believing any Bengals "rumors" or "projections." They keep things very close to the vest and the national media pundits have been absolutely awful at predicting what they will do.
Reply/Quote
Nope not believing it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think Doctson is the target....will need to move up to get him. Dalton wants a TCU buddy.
Reply/Quote