Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the bengals trying to move up in the draft?
(04-28-2016, 11:12 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I think Doctson is the target....will need to move up to get him. Dalton wants a TCU buddy.

God no.. This would be a horrible move.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:12 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I think Doctson is the target....will need to move up to get him. Dalton wants a TCU buddy.

Dalton left there over a half decade ago, so I doubt that's the case.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:24 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: God no.. This would be a horrible move.

What do you have against doctson? He's pretty much a consensus first round talent
Reply/Quote
We are going to mistakenly call Leonte Carroo and tell him he's been drafted. We will call him back to tell him it was a mistake and then be obligated to draft him in the 3rd round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 09:04 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I think we've got that already in Mario Alford... From the tape I saw.. I rather have Mario Alford than Will Fuller.. just my opinion.. I rather take a DT or LB in 1st and a Sterling Shepard or Tyler Boyd in the 2nd instead of taking Will Fuller..

Agreed..if we want just flat out speed you can use Alford or even use a R3 - R5 pick on a burner with some issues/questions.

Its the fact we may spend a first round pick on Fuller I am struggling with ..too hit and miss especially in a year where there is likely to be some good DL/CB options still on the board at 24
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:32 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Agreed..if we want just flat out speed you can use Alford or even use a R3 - R5 pick on a burner with some issues/questions.

Its the fact we may spend a first round pick on Fuller I am struggling with ..too hit and miss especially in a year where there is likely to be some good DL/CB options still on the board at 24

I think CB is thin.. I don;t want a CB at 24.. take a WR or a DL
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:12 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I think Doctson is the target....will need to move up to get him. Dalton wants a TCU buddy.

Can we get the center from TCU then?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:00 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I think Doctson's separation problems will be exposed in the NFL. CBs gave him too much cushion in college. Great jump ball guy but we already have AJ. I'd rather have some speed to spread the field.

Doctson ran about a .04 second slower 40 time than MJ and the same time that AJ posted.
Reply/Quote
Coleman is the target. This is a smoke screen. Bengals visited with Coleman more than any othet player: 4 separate documented times. Basically at every opportunity they could and at multiple points in time through the off season.

Plus, Coleman is the only high pick WR who can contribute from day 1. LaFell, if healthy, will be the #2 wide out. No rookie from this class is coming in and supplanting him in that role. These guys will all need a year or two to be NFL starters.

Coleman adds value on special teams right now and has the upside to develop over time as a #2. If he's off the board the Bengals will probably trade back.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Coleman is the target. This is a smoke screen. Bengals visited with Coleman more than any othet player: 4 separate documented times. Basically at every opportunity they could and at multiple points in time through the off season.

Plus, Coleman is the only high pick WR who can contribute from day 1.  LaFell, if healthy, will be the #2 wide out. No rookie from this class is coming in and supplanting him in that role. These guys will all need a year or two to be NFL starters.

Coleman adds value on special teams right now and has the upside to develop over time as a #2. If he's off the board the Bengals will probably trade back.

Man I hope you're right. I want Coleman for the same reasons. LaFell is going to be the #2 this year. Coleman can contribute as a returner and as a 3rd WR who can really stretch the field. Love his speed and physicality. I'll be thrilled if he's the pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man I hope you're right. I want Coleman for the same reasons. LaFell is going to be the #2 this year. Coleman can contribute as a returner and as a 3rd WR who can really stretch the field. Love his speed and physicality. I'll be thrilled if he's the pick.

I'm not sure if he'll be there, though. I can see him going way earlier than projected. Honestly, none of these WRs are world beaters. - Coleman is so Steve Smith it's not funny, but he's the only one I see huge potetnail in. Marvin Jones was a 5th rounder. They can find a guy late to be a future #2 wr later, can't they? But damn it if that return game doesn't need some hype behind it. Lol

I wouldn't mind a high end safety at 1, or even a DE with big upside. I am really warming up to Dodd from Clemson.

Another guy whose measurable just sit and scream Bengals is Michael Thomas from OSU. He would be a pure WR pick, though and could be there in the 2nd for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:21 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm not sure if he'll be there, though. I can see him going way earlier than projected. Honestly, none of these WRs are world beaters. - Coleman is so Steve Smith it's not funny, but he's the only one I see huge potetnail in. Marvin Jones was a 5th rounder. They can find a guy late to be a future  #2 wr later, can't they? But damn it if that return game doesn't need some hype behind it. Lol

I wouldn't mind a high end safety at 1, or even a DE with big upside. I am really warming up to Dodd from Clemson.

Another guy whose measurable just sit and scream Bengals is Michael Thomas from OSU. He would be a pure WR pick, though and could be there in the 2nd for them.

I love Coleman, but there's many directions they could take that I'd be ok with. Most of these WRs who are projected in the first round look like #2 WRs to me. I agree that Coleman has the most upside of the bunch.

I won't complain if the Bengals go DT or Center in the first round though. Just don't take a tackle, please.  Sick
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I won't complain if the Bengals go DT or Center in the first round though. Just don't take a tackle, please.  Sick

DT= defensive tackle

I think that would fall under the category of a tackle...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 11:37 PM)Gohards Wrote: A siriusXM guy is claiming the bengals and viking are battling for TCU's Josh Doctson. Do you believe it?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/27/11517862/nfl-trade-rumors-bengals-trying-to-move-up-in-nfl-draft-for-josh

The Bengals only have 7 picks, and they cherish them. There's no way we're going to part with any.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The Bengals aren't going to have a choice if they stay at #24. They will take what is left of Doctson, Treadwell, Coleman and Fuller.

My guess is that one of them comes off the board between 10-15. That leaves 3. Houston, Minnesota and Cincinnati are all in the mix for a WR. EVERYONE out there thinks the Bengals and the Vikings are going wideout, so that means that anyone wanting their guy will move up to #21 to get in front of those teams.

My guess is that the Bengals DON'T got WR in round 1 and come back and get one in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote