Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some individual defensive stats.
Vinny Rey is 8th in the league in tackles with 36.

Adam Jones is first in the league in tackles by a CB.

Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins are 2 of only 5 defensive players that have at least 3 sacks and 3 stuffs (tackle for loss on running play).  The others are J.J. Watt, Aaron Donald, and Aaron Lynch.

Huber is third in the league in both punting average and net punting avg.  He is first in number of punts downed inside the 10 yard line (5) despite only punting 14 times.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vinny Rey is 8th in the league in tackles with 36.

Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins are 2 of only 5 defensive players that have at least 3 sacks and 3 stuffs (tackle for loss on running play).  The others are J.J. Watt, Aaron Donald, and Aaron Lynch.

Huber is third in the league in both punting average and net punting avg.  He is first in number of punts downed inside the 10 yard line (5) despite only punting 14 times.

TY, good to know

I know Burfict when healthy was our leading tackler.

Is this the design of the defense?

My point is nothing against V. Rey, but he leads us in tackles, but I don't believe he is our best LB. But, he is our LB that rarely leaves the field so is more of a 3 down LB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY, good to know

My point is nothing against V. Rey, but he leads us in tackles, but I don't believe he is our best LB. But, he is our LB that rarely leaves the field so is more of a 3 down LB.

Yep.  It used to be that MLBs were the ones who had the high tackle numbers.  Now it is the LB that plays all three downs.

Reply/Quote
Man, Vinny plays his arse off no question.

Hope Adam is fine, Dennard did a good job filling in.

Geno and Dunlap have been looking great this year and so is MJ and Gilberry.
Reply/Quote
i was kinda expecitng to see some P Dawson when Vinny got hurt.... for some reason forgot about 59 not being a starter
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones is one of the most game tacklers I have seen.
280pd TE?
Hes still going for it.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vinny Rey is 8th in the league in tackles with 36.

Huber has been terrific so far.
Reply/Quote
I love Dunlap and Atkins on that front four together. It's beautiful. Cant wait to see Burfict lined up behind them. Should be a sight to see.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 02:19 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I love Dunlap and Atkins on that front four together. It's beautiful. Cant wait to see Burfict lined up behind them. Should be a sight to see.

MJ has been decent so far as well... And Gilberry continues to impress.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY, good to know

Yes it is the design.
At all costs keep the WLB clean. 

Rey M would just absolutely HAMMER the FB so Vontaze could take out the RB clean. 
Still does it a bit now. 

VRey also makes a lot of tackles because guys have been getting open on him a lot this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 02:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes it is the design.
At all costs keep the WLB clean. 

Rey M would just absolutely HAMMER the FB so Vontaze could take out the RB clean. 
Still does it a bit now. 

VRey also makes a lot of tackles because guys have been getting open on him a lot this year. 

Rey Rey hammered some guys yesterday!! I love seeing him playing well.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: MJ has been decent so far as well...  And Gilberry continues to impress.

Remember MJ now is like preseason is over.. he looks to be rounding more and more into shape after missing a month
Reply/Quote
This team is truly SICK on both sides of the ball.

Talented as HECK!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 06:30 PM)Shady Wrote: Rey Rey hammered some guys yesterday!! I love seeing him playing well.

Seriously, since that injury last year he's been back to his SLB form, for the most part.

And he's missing less tackles too. I think its safe to say that at this point, 2012 was an outlier season for Rey.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I complained when we paid Vinny Rey starter money to keep him here.

I still think we overpaid him a bit, but we would be screwed without him.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I complained when we paid Vinny Rey sarter money to keep him here.

I still think we overpaid him a bit, but we would be screwed without him.

Unless it means we would have added a better LB via the draft or free agency to replace him
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Unless it means we would have added a better LB via the draft or free agency to replace him

Im willing to bet P Dawson is that guy. eventually.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im willing to bet P Dawson is that guy. eventually.

Sure. 
But if we let VRey go, knowing the status of Burfict and Lamur's unreliability to stay on the field, LB becomes a much more important need. 
We'd have to do something more than Dawson
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sure. 
But if we let VRey go, knowing the status of Burfict and Lamur's unreliability to stay on the field, LB becomes a much more important need. 
We'd have to do something more than Dawson

to be fair burficts been hurt once.... it just has lasted a long time. And we will have time to worry about all that next march should be good linebackers left when we pick 31st(patriots lost their pick)
Reply/Quote