Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our defensive line should have a field day
Wilson was rushed and hurried a lot tonight our defensive line should have a field day Sunday, Who Dey !
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Thats what I was thinking watching the game. I heard lynch might be out as well.
Reply/Quote
Depends. I think Wilson escaping from the pocket is half the intrigue of his play. It can create some big plays. I hope our DBs have composure to hang back with that or else big plays will happen.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:37 AM)Trademark Wrote: Wilson was rushed and hurried a lot tonight our defensive line should have a field day Sunday, Who Dey !

Just to put this out there...

Every time someone says this, the exact opposite happens. I always cringe when i see it, but it keeps happening. 

Hopefully, it rings true. But it hasn't yet. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just to put this out there...

Every time someone says this, the exact opposite happens. I always cringe when i see it, but it keeps happening. 

I don't know. Some said the same thing about the Ravens, and it didn't happen. Although, we could say that Flacco *****'d out so many times from hits that we COULD have had sacks, but still.

Reply/Quote
Seattle has the next to last rated Oline just barely a notch above KC's . 18 sacks so far or maybe the stats I'm looking at are before the Detroit game ..not sure, but either way Wilson better be on his toes. If our Dline can throttle Wilson Andy has to also be on mark because Seattle still has a pretty good defense. I kind of doubt we'll see a shootout. I hope Nuggent has his toes lined up right in his shoes.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Everyone, well not everyone was calling for Andy's head. It's just noise. Their Oline has been dwelling in the cellar for a while now and our Dline has been making lots of hay. Enjoy the ride and don't hang on to tight to that half empty glass. You might break it. LoL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

as long as the LB's do their job this game is in-hand. we need burfict back in a bad way, and i know he won't be there. wilson will escape the pocket at least a handful if not more in this game. Illoka is also extremely important as he will be needed on jimmy graham. hopefully he makes a return to the lineup. reggie nelson will have to shut down wilson.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: Everyone,  well not everyone was calling for Andy's head. It's just noise. Their Oline has been dwelling in the cellar for a while now and our Dline has been making lots of hay. Enjoy the ride and don't hang on to tight to that half empty glass. You might break it.  LoL

It's not a half empty glass. It's just the fact i've seen this thread so many times on the mothership, only to have it turn out the exact opposite once the game is played. NFL games don't follow a linear path for the most part. A team can look like crap in a particular area one week and look like world beaters the next. 

Short of a couple of really bad teams, you can't accurately predict the outcome of a game based on the previous game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 02:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not a half empty glass. It's just the fact i've seen this thread so many times on the mothership, only to have it turn out the exact opposite once the game is played. NFL games don't follow a linear path for the most part. A team can look like crap in a particular area one week and look like world beaters the next. 

Short of a couple of really bad teams, you can't accurately predict the outcome of a game based on the previous game. 

New board, new luck?  Let's hope so

Geno being back to normal is really a huge thing for our pass rush
Reply/Quote
Yep. Our pass rush looked a bit better against KC than Baltimore.

I do hope Dalton continues the success. Him having a bad game will send the haters to the keyboards.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 03:07 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. Our pass rush looked a bit better against KC than Baltimore.

I do hope Dalton continues the success. Him having a bad game will send the haters to the keyboards.

They didn't get sacks but our pass rush was super potent against Bmore: hell, Dunlap had 2 sacks that ended up being intentional grounding (which wasn't called, of course) and that stupid, failed screen for Forceps.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Their oline will have a hard day keeping a good pocket for Wilson, but he'll give our linebackers fits if he manages to get away.
Reply/Quote
I actually think CB and safety blitzes are our best bet, last night it appeared like Wilson never accounted for blitzers coming from the secondary. He has an ability to feel the pocket collapse, but the extra blitzers from different angles seem to confuse him. Leon Hall and Nelson should be coming early and often, then when he starts to account for them the line should get theirs.
Reply/Quote