Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the stripes painted on, or are they decals?
Looking to buy an authentic helmet for my home office area, and NFL.com offers some with decals that overlap on the stripes.

Here's TO's helmet (decals, covering the holes on the helmet):
[Image: 09000d5d81b06d27.jpg]

Here's Palmer's helmet (clearly looks painted on):
[Image: palmerspeed.jpg]

Wondering if I can find a painted helmet somewhere.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I believe they're painted.
Reply/Quote
It might depend on the player's choice of helmet.

Holes in the stripes would look pretty dumb, so if a player's desired helmet would have vents in the paint (such as TO) they might be decals.

Just a thought.

If you really want authentic, why not save and buy a game used helmet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where do I get a game used helmet, and how much do you think they are? Because the authentic new helmets are $350. Hence why I ask about the Decals, NFL.com reviewers say it's decal and there's argument if that's how it really is lol. Palmer's helmet looks sweet.

Good points on someone who wants holes on the helmet, I sent an email to NFL.com and Bengals.com's Pro shop to see. NFL.com has signed helmets too, but AJ didn't sign any - Gio signed a bunch and Andy too, lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Where do I get a game used helmet, and how much do you think they are? Because the authentic new helmets are $350. Hence why I ask about the Decals, NFL.com reviewers say it's decal and there's argument if that's how it really is lol. Palmer's helmet looks sweet.

Good points on someone who wants holes on the helmet, I sent an email to NFL.com and Bengals.com's Pro shop to see. NFL.com has signed helmets too, but AJ didn't sign any - Gio signed a bunch and Andy too, lol.

I would imagine memoribillia stores and auctions would be the place to find them.

No idea about a pricetag.  I would venture that it is dependent on the player and game.  I'm sure you can find something out there from a Dan Coats type from a game that wasn't meaningful for a reasonable cost. 

It's not like someone is gonna break your balls because you own an Eric Ghiachuc game used helmet, because you can respond with "Whose helmet do you own?"
Reply/Quote
hahahahah!
Reply/Quote
If Im not mistaken some teams are now using wraps/large single decal for their helmets

Don't know if the Bengals use this method but a lot of pro teams and colleges use this for their helmets
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I believe there was a scene during the Hard Knocks in 2013 where it showed the equipment guys placing the stripe decals on the helmets.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Where do I get a game used helmet, and how much do you think they are? Because the authentic new helmets are $350. Hence why I ask about the Decals, NFL.com reviewers say it's decal and there's argument if that's how it really is lol. Palmer's helmet looks sweet.

possibly the pro shop at the stadium they sell game worn jerseys.. but they often have them signed and the price doesnt go down lol
Reply/Quote
They are Decals. All of them regardless of helmet type.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 09:29 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: They are Decals. All of them regardless of helmet type.

Maybe Koch's Sporting Goods in downtown Cincy?  Only a few blocks from PBS.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much the Andy Dalton Super Bowl MVP Game Worn Helmet is?

And the Game Worn Jersey?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 09:37 PM)JADefense Wrote: Maybe Koch's Sporting Goods in downtown Cincy?  Only a few blocks from PBS.

If you look at Peko's helmet hanging in his locker the stripes go over some of the air holes and do not cover the hole. They are pretty shiny to be decals. I think they are painted.
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Peko_Our_DLine_is_going_to_lead_our_team/f8eaa250-8c80-4c90-b737-5b093249d8e1
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 04:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe there was a scene during the Hard Knocks in 2013 where it showed the equipment guys placing the stripe decals on the helmets.

bingo. also detailed in an article on mothership.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Never thought about it much.

But sit in front row behind players bench and am within a foot or two of players often.

They sure seem to be painted on to me, have never noticed one ripped from helmet to helmet contact.

Will ask either Huber, Nugent, or Harris before Seattle game for you. They are the only ones who interact on game day usually with the exception of getting Peko to throw the "Shaka" hand sign back on occasion.

Probably do have some decals for emergencies or players trying out, not sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They're decals. If you look closely though, it looks like they use some kind of gloss clear coat over them.

[Image: 91213359.QPJwh7eE.img_020_std.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
the ones on my game worn helmet are decals.  wear it all the time.

[Image: f830b65af9cd76256262a93ce0e6a48e.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:13 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I wonder how much the Andy Dalton Super Bowl MVP Game Worn Helmet is?

And the Game Worn Jersey?

Absolutely free and the shipping and handling are free. If you hurry you might still be able to get your hands on a Herman Cain for president bumper sticker.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote