Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are there any optimists left?
Seems the Seattle game and the 1 point loss was the peak of our season. Taylor had showed that he was going to be successful. The Taylor naysayers were put in their place. Better days were coming.

A couple losses later and the optimists disappeared it seems.

Now at 0-8, the most optimistic thing I can recall is that a couple HOF coaches started out this bad...but the more games we lose, the less we can even say that.

Are there any optimists left? If so, lets see your take on reason to be optimistic.

Do you still think Taylor is a good coach?

Give us hope for the future...
Reply/Quote
There's optimism from all (optimist and pessimist) that we'll get the number 1 pick of the draft.

That's all I got.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's optimism from all (optimist and pessimist) that we'll get the number 1 pick of the draft.

That's all I got.

I concur. That being said, that ain't all bad.
Reply/Quote
There is nothing to be optimistic about.

0-8
No trades to get more draft picks.
The Bengals have lost 15 of their last 16 but they want to keep things as is.
Mike Brown will live and work until 100
Fans will keep showing up like lemmings.

We're f*****
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:49 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I concur. That being said, that ain't all bad.

It's not. Unfortunately...we're 8-9 starters away. That's about as bad as it gets.

IF we take a QB...there's probably a 40% chance that they turn out good.

The whole having to find a franchise QB thing is daunting. It's not easy.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's optimism from all (optimist and pessimist) that we'll get the number 1 pick of the draft.

That's all I got.

you know we wont and if we do it we will be forever stained with the 0-16 stigma.
Reply/Quote
Tag me as the optimist. Is the season done? Sure it is. Does the coach suck? Too early to tell and we ain't gonna know in 1yr. We still suck at FA, well, we don't suck at it because we don't use it, but you get my point. Most of our players suck as well. Some of our coaches appear to be wrong choices. So why optimism? Dalton's benched, with the Dalton benching comes ZT's promise of accountability. Also, large changes like this usually light a fire in the team because face it, probably isn't many player happy with Dalton (although not all his fault) on offense.

I'm happy to see what Finley can do and at least satisfy our opinions on Daltons ability behind this crappy line. If Finley succeeds, then Daltons value and opinion of him drop significantly. Not that I want that for him, but unlike the FO, I want to win and don't care if he is benched on his birthday or at his mothers funeral. Ok, well, maybe not at the funeral, was trying to be funny and well, that shit aint funny. Why else do I have optimism? Well, we are 0-8 so we are looking at younger, newer guys and giving them a chance to play. This helps us move on from overpaid aging players in the near future.

Take it for what its worth, and although many want 0-16 for the #1 draft pick which is a crap shoot to begin with, I wan't these guys to start coming together and showing some chemistry with one another. Benching Andy does not do that, winning does. We just aint winning with Andy.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tag me as the optimist. Is the season done? Sure it is. Does the coach suck? Too early to tell and we ain't gonna know in 1yr. We still suck at FA, well, we don't suck at it because we don't use it, but you get my point. Most of our players suck as well. Some of our coaches appear to be wrong choices. So why optimism? Dalton's benched, with the Dalton benching comes ZT's promise of accountability. Also, large changes like this usually light a fire in the team because face it, probably isn't many player happy with Dalton (although not all his fault) on offense.

I'm happy to see what Finley can do and at least satisfy our opinions on Daltons ability behind this crappy line. If Finley succeeds, then Daltons value and opinion of him drop significantly. Not that I want that for him, but unlike the FO, I want to win and don't care if he is benched on his birthday or at his mothers funeral. Ok, well, maybe not at the funeral, was trying to be funny and well, that shit aint funny. Why else do I have optimism? Well, we are 0-8 so we are looking at younger, newer guys and giving them a chance to play. This helps us move on from overpaid aging players in the near future.

Take it for what its worth, and although many want 0-16 for the #1 draft pick which is a crap shoot to begin with, I wan't these guys to start coming together and showing some chemistry with one another. Benching Andy does not do that, winning does. We just aint winning with Andy.
but why isn't ZT holding himself accountable find an OC that has a clue?   hired all his buddies instead of the best qualified.
Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
I am optimistic the Cincinnati Bengals will have the number one pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Reply/Quote
I'm optimistic... that in a few years, after Mike Brown has passed on and Katie has sold the team, we may have a good front office that can attract talented coaches and players and retain them.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I'm optimistic that Zac could turn into a good HC. I'm not optimistic it'll be here in Cincinnati if the front office refuses to try to do everything it can to make this a better football team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but why isn't ZT holding himself accountable find an OC that has a clue?   hired all his buddies instead of the best qualified.

Good question? He should hold himself accountable as well.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm optimistic... that in a few years, after Mike Brown has passed on and Katie has sold the team, we may have a good front office that can attract talented coaches and players and retain them.

Ummm, hate to break the news to you, but Paul Brown passed a long time ago.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm optimistic... that in a few years, after Mike Brown has passed on and Katie has sold the team, we may have a good front office that can attract talented coaches and players and retain them.

I'm pessimistic in that regard. Either he will live forever or she will take over and keep things as they are.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummm, hate to break the news to you, but Paul Brown passed a long time ago.  Mellow

I believe mike Brown has a son named Paul Brown...
Reply/Quote
Im back....from my ban that I got defending myself from personal attacks which is not aloud written in the disclaimer … so as long as the mods delete personal attacks on me then I wont have to defend myself....

So moving on

The Bengals butcher AKA Bengals doctors and their recommended surgeons have AJ still on the bench after 8 games into the season 3 months since he twisted an ankle on july 27. Players in the NFL say don't go under the knife unless you have to for a good reason. Something AJ has not learned yet so no telling when or if AJ plays this year my guess is as good as any doctor that has worked on him this year.

Dalton should of been traded before the season started as I posted many time this year before the year started and a rookie should of started the year for us we would not be 0 for in wins loss at this point since both rookies outplayed Dalton in the preseason. Dalton is damaged goods has been taught not to lose games with bad play and has no clue how to win games and help his teammates improve and get better.

So I expect to see a dramatic improvement in QB play when we play the Ravens. When your QB touches the ball every snap on O then he can have quiet a big impact on the outcome of the game. Dalton listened to the media the first few years in the league about how he didn't have the arm strength to play in the NFL so Dalton worked out got stronger and started throwing line drive passes that worked perfectly into the hands of the media that hates him. He is the tipped ball king now has no touch and cant lob a pass over the head of two guys a few yards in front of him he tries to sidearm it past them.

Their is a saying " Do not take criticism from someone you would not take advice from" Dalton needs to learn to live by this.

As for the rest of the team I know its only been a few days but you better start backing Ryan because Dalton will never take you anywhere again on the Bengals team.

WhoDey lets go get a win against the Ravens. My buddy "49ers fan" asked me you going to watch the Bengals game "Rams game" I said yes I am going to watch all of the games this year and hope Dalton gets benched thanks ZT I was beginning to wonder if that being held accountable thing was just blowing smoke. Still not sure if you can coach yet or not but you stand a lot better chance at getting wins with either one of our rookies then Dalton. Dalton should be third string QB btw.
Reply/Quote

That guy could easily hang on for another decade. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:24 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Im back....from my ban that I got defending myself from personal attacks which is not aloud written in the disclaimer … so as long as the mods delete personal attacks on me then I wont have to defend myself....
First rule of board banning...do not talk about board banning.
Second rule of board banning...do..not..talk..about..board..banning. 
Though, you were probably suspended. Not banned. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt say I'm optimistic that they are going to suddenly turn it around this season but I will still be in the stands on 11/24 vs the Steelers with my friends cheering loudly or cussing a little less loudly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote