Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are they quoting?
"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

When you hear this quote, it's always attributed to "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" but I don't think that's where this particular quote comes from. When people say or write this quote, I think it's from "Blazing Saddles" but Mel Brooks most likely reworded it from the original movie.

So, is it from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" or from "Blazing Saddles"?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 04:39 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

When you hear this quote, it's always attributed to "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" but I don't think that's where this particular quote comes from. When people say or write this quote, I think it's from "Blazing Saddles" but Mel Brooks most likely reworded it from the original movie.

Well considering I know that phrase and never have seen the treasure of the sierra madre

My vote is Blazing Saddles.

Now....  You hear this one a lot..  "I'm here to kick ass and chew gum... and I'm all outta gum"          Ive hear it in at least 3 different places.      The movie They Live     Video games with Duke Nukem.  and a movie called Stand up Guys

I'm pretty sure its originally from They Live..  but I'm also sure most people are quoting Duke Nukem.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 06:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well considering I know that phrase and never have seen the treasure of the sierra madre

Now....  You hear this one a lot..  "I'm here to kick ass and chew gum... and I'm all outta gum"          Ive hear it in at least 3 different places.      The movie They Live     Video games with Duke Nukem.  and a movie called Stand up Guys

I'm pretty sure its originally from They Live..  but I'm also sure most people are quoting Duke Nukem.

They Live is where that quote is famous from I believe.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 06:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well considering I know that phrase and never have seen the treasure of the sierra madre

I liked the version from Dazed and Confused.  "I'm here to kick ass and drink beer...looks like I'm outta beer".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like the quote “my name is Buck, and I like to *^%#” from Kill Bill.

But my names not Buck. Still like to *^%# tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Cuz' we're in the spirit world, asshole. They can't see us... Young Guns

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 04:39 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

The UHF version is better...

Reply/Quote

It's originally from "Treasure of the Sierre Madre", which was actually taken from the book by the same name.

Mel Brooks quote is probably the most famous.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote