Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
(09-12-2016, 01:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is like having a who's better thread, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Both are likely going into the HOF so does it really matter who may be a shade better? Brown and Green are both HOF caliber receivers if they can stay healthy.

Agree whole heartedly. Just depends on what you want out of a WR. I think they're both set up for success in the systems that they are in. It feels like Brown is a lot smoother in his transition from catch to run, but Green makes more high point catches and utilizes his size way better. ( May not be true, but just from what I've seen. ) If you've got either of these guys, you're a very happy GM and QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:53 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Title.

AB is the best WR in the league, by an order of magnitude. That being said AJ is a lock top 5, maybe top 4.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I would take Green over Brown any day, period.
Reply/Quote
Unlike Green AB is a Steeler, which means he gets to push off (twice tonight already) and the refs look the other way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade AJ Green for anyone in the league. So no.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Unlike Green AB is a Steeler, which means he gets to push off (twice tonight already) and the refs look the other way.

That was the arguement i came to make. Brown is simply better than AJ at getting away with offensive pass interference.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:54 AM)Gohards Wrote: If dre kirkpatrick is lined up against him next week there is no doubt AB will outperform Green

You know Dre helped shut down Brown last season in all the meetings. I think Kirk needs to be more consistent however. 

As far as the debate between Green and Brown, they are 2 different WR who play 2 different styles, both very good at what they do. It's easy to give the nod to Brown who has out produced in terms of catches and yards the last few years, but that's the thing he's out produced due to the fact that he constantly is getting 45-50 more catches a season. If Green where to have 130+ catches on the year he'd probably have around 2000 yards.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:23 PM)Utts Wrote: AB is the best WR in the league, by an order of magnitude. That being said AJ is a lock top 5, maybe top 4.

Magnitude?  I think that is taking it a bit far.

Many times, on the big plays, AB is the beneficiary of Ben being able to extend plays an extra second or two.  This makes AB much more likely to get open.

I think AB is great, and I will never deny that.  But at the same time can I say... Overrated? if I am a GM and I get to pick a WR to build my team around its not him.  Again he is a great player in a even better system.  But I'll take the 6'3 physical specimen that can do everything he can but also is bigger and stronger.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:35 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Magnitude?  I think that is taking it a bit far.

Many times, on the big plays, AB is the beneficiary of Ben being able to extend plays an extra second or two.  This makes AB much more likely to get open.

I think AB is great, and I will never deny that.  But at the same time can I say... Overrated? if I am a GM and I get to pick a WR to build my team around its not him.  Again he is a great player in a even better system.  But I'll take the 6'3 physical specimen that can do everything he can but also is bigger and stronger.

6'4" AJ Green be and plays bigger and is much faster on the field than in a forty as well.

I agree with your assessment of AB and also with the ones that are speaking of him getting away with PI's all the time.

Something AJ would never get away with.
Reply/Quote
Brown is more consistent then Green. Especially in big games, or against top corners (in their prime).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:35 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Magnitude?  I think that is taking it a bit far.

This is a really good point. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Unlike Green AB is a Steeler, which means he gets to push off (twice tonight already) and the refs look the other way.

Brown is the best in the league at using subtle push offs to get separation without drawing flags.

I think this weekend showed the difference between the two.  AJ had 11 of his 12 catches against Revis.  Brown didn't have a lot of success early against Norman, so they moved him around to get him matched up against weaker CB's.  Brown is more productive, but it's partly because the Steelers try to get him the matchups to be productive.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:34 PM)milksheikh Wrote: A.J. Green and Antonio Brown are 2 different type of receivers.

With that said, Antonio Brown is still better than Green, Brown had almost 2,000 yards last year while missing Ben Roethlisberger for some games. Green is top 3 in my opinion though, 1. AB 2. Julio 3. A.J.
Why pray tell is AB dog shit without Ben then? He's borderline worthless. I've seen AJ make plays with 3 different QBs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
AJ has a better haircut... He also HAS to be a better dancer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 01:45 PM)jason Wrote: Why pray tell is AB dog shit without Ben then?  He's borderline worthless. I've seen AJ make plays with 3 different QBs.

Great point. AB wasn't the same when Ben was out no question.
Reply/Quote
I'm a character guy, that's why I will take AJ over any receiver any freaking day. That's why I love this team. High character individuals all throughout the locker room.
Reply/Quote
Think about it this way. If you have AJ and AB swap teams, I have a feeling they would also swap production.

IMO, Green is the more gifted WR, but the Steelers pass more.

It's close, but would anyone here honestly trade AJ for AB straight up? I wouldn't.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 03:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Think about it this way. If you have AJ and AB swap teams, I have a feeling they would also swap production.

IMO, Green is the more gifted WR, but the Steelers pass more.

It's close, but would anyone here honestly trade AJ for AB straight up? I wouldn't.

Me neither.
Reply/Quote
If you're the national media, you'd sure think AB was better than AJ.

Seemed like only like a handful of posts right after AJ made that long catch past Revis for the TD Sunday.
When AB caught the first TD over Breeland, national media acted like it was such a phenomenal play, posting it hundreds of times across multiple networks.
And Gruden would not shut up about how great the Steelers were. I think he said "PRESENCE" regarding Ben's play like 18 times.

Some will say it was because the Steelers game was in primetime, the only game on, and on 4th down, but I still don't think it was as impressive as AJ getting by Revis.
I'm calling Steeler bias by the media.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 04:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So you mean to tell me that Martavis Bryant, LeVeon Bell, and DeAngelo Williams aren't weapons? Along with Wheaton?

The Steelers have weapons. To think otherwise is ludicrous.
Martavius bryant has 76 career receptions. How can you consider that a weapon. Markus wheaton your number 3 has more receptions than you number 2 at 103 career receptions leveon bell is never on the firld he always blows out his legs and deangelo williams is a backup for a reason. Marvin jones in 1 year has 11 less receptions than martavius bryant has in 2.
Reply/Quote