Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anchors
The beginning of last season I seem to remember issues against the run game.  Additionally I believe Burfict was injured to start the season.  So again we are saddled with missing our best defender.  So let's discuss the anchors on this defense dragging us down year after year.  

Do mato Peko and Vincent Rey.  The drive where they ran every play was right at both of these guys.  Almost every play Peko would get turned to allow a huge hole and like every play Rey is so ***** slow to diagnose plays he reacts way late and gets blocked easily.  Not to mention almost every third down throw was to Vincent Reys piss poor zone coverage.  Just sick of this coaching staff allowing the same guys to hold us down like big anchors.
Reply/Quote
Anchors in the game were bias. Probably disappointed we won

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:34 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Anchors in the game were bias. Probably disappointed we won

What's disappointing is that guys that are clearly liabilities on this team are brought back year after year.  The coaching staff refuses to address these issues so again we will be just good enough to make the playoffs but not quite good enough to do anything.  

I ask anybody to tell me how we've improved this team over last year's team?  Hell we didn't have to add anybody to get better we could have gotten rid of a few players and we would have instantly been better.  Peko and Vincent Rey are big liabilities anywhere in your lineup.  The face that they are starters is astoundingly stupid.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:39 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I ask anybody to tell me how we've improved this team over last year's team?  Hell we didn't have to add anybody to get better we could have gotten rid of a few players and we would have instantly been better.  Peko and Vincent Rey are big liabilities anywhere in your lineup.  The face that they are starters is astoundingly stupid.

Peko is a solid starter for a top defense.  Rey is a back up who is playing while Burfict is out.  The fact that you don't know this is astoundingly stupid.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Peko is a solid starter for a top defense.  Rey is a back up who is playing while Burfict is out.  The fact that you don't know this is astoundingly stupid.

Really?  Peko, a solid starter.  What game were you watching?  Guess you didn't see the Jets gash us on the ground the entire game.  Re-watch with your eyes open and you will see them running right at Peko.  Instead of clogging any holes he allowed himself to be blocked to the side opening huge holes.  

Funniest thing I've read in a while...Peko a solid starter LOL.

Is there a rule preventing us from upgrading the backup spot behind Burfict? The fact that you lack reading comprehension skills is mind boggling. Since my post stated Rey was playing the same last year when Burfict was hurt and this year because he's suspended one with any logical reasoning ability would deduce that's it's understood Rey is a backup...that's not up for debate. The discussion is about how bad Rey is....i.e. How bad Burfict's backup is.
Reply/Quote
Vinny Rey isn't Luke Kuechly, i'm sorry the guy can't drop 20 yards into coverage. The middle of the field was the open spot against the coverages we were showing today. Not Vinny Rey's fault that the plays dictated the ball being thrown over his head... 

We gameplanned to force the jets to throw to the middle of the field. Decker and Marshall were both held under 100 yards because our safeties made it impossible to throw the deep sideline passes. V. Reys abuse was just a product of the game plan honestly.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:39 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What's disappointing is that guys that are clearly liabilities on this team are brought back year after year.  The coaching staff refuses to address these issues so again we will be just good enough to make the playoffs but not quite good enough to do anything.  

I ask anybody to tell me how we've improved this team over last year's team?  Hell we didn't have to add anybody to get better we could have gotten rid of a few players and we would have instantly been better.  Peko and Vincent Rey are big liabilities anywhere in your lineup.  The face that they are starters is astoundingly stupid.

Add in Bodine, though I understand you're talking Defense.

Peko does ok if you limit his snaps, I'd venture a guess that they're going to have to really limit his snaps this season.

Rey isn't very good on any snap. I'd venture another guess, Vigil's snaps will start going up - soon.

Can't get Burfict back soon enough !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:39 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What's disappointing is that guys that are clearly liabilities on this team are brought back year after year.  The coaching staff refuses to address these issues 

Guess what....the coaches know more than you.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:27 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Really?  Peko, a solid starter.  What game were you watching?  Guess you didn't see the Jets gash us on the ground the entire game.  Re-watch with your eyes open and you will see them running right at Peko.  Instead of clogging any holes he allowed himself to be blocked to the side opening huge holes.  

Funniest thing I've read in a while...Peko a solid starter LOL.

Is there a rule preventing us from upgrading the backup spot behind Burfict?  The fact that you lack reading comprehension skills is mind boggling.  Since my post stated Rey was playing the same last year when Burfict was hurt and this year because he's suspended one with any logical reasoning ability would deduce that's it's understood Rey is a backup...that's not up for debate.  The discussion is about how bad Rey is....i.e. How bad Burfict's backup is.

i don;t get on PFF but on cincy jungle, it gave Rey a good performance, I thought overall he made some good plays and missed some tackles but was not terrible. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:34 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Anchors in the game were bias. Probably disappointed we won

Who will be calling the game next week in pitt?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:33 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: The beginning of last season I seem to remember issues against the run game.  Additionally I believe Burfict was injured to start the season.  So again we are saddled with missing our best defender.  So let's discuss the anchors on this defense dragging us down year after year.  

Do mato Peko and Vincent Rey.  The drive where they ran every play was right at both of these guys.  Almost every play Peko would get turned to allow a huge hole and like every play Rey is so ***** slow to diagnose plays he reacts way late and gets blocked easily.  Not to mention almost every third down throw was to Vincent Reys piss poor zone coverage.  Just sick of this coaching staff allowing the same guys to hold us down like big anchors.

A couple things:

1.  Rey is a back - and he does a pretty good job when he plays in stretches.  Having Burfict out will expose him a little more, but he has made his share of big plays over the years.

2.  The interior line play was pretty bad today - of course you have to give some credit to the Jets.  Mangold is one of the best centers in the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:27 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Really?  Peko, a solid starter.  What game were you watching? 

Unlike you I have watched more than one Bengal game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: Guess what....the coaches know more than you.

Clearly, with all the success in the playoffs in all.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Unlike you I have watched more than one Bengal game.

Wait, what?  That's clearly a false statement.  Pekoe is good for one good play and one stupid dance every game.  Other than that it's patty cake patty cake with his blocker.  
Reply/Quote
I don't agree about Peko being a liability on run D but wholeheartedly agree about Vinny Rey.
Reply/Quote
Rey is a backup for a reason (Although not a bad one) & Peko isn't nearly as bad as what's portrayed on here. Just got to keep rotating him to keep him fresh.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:39 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What's disappointing is that guys that are clearly liabilities on this team are brought back year after year.  The coaching staff refuses to address these issues so again we will be just good enough to make the playoffs but not quite good enough to do anything.  

Peko does the job he is asked/needs to do in the concept of the defense.  It is not designed for Peko to make 15 tackles a game, rather to tie up lineman or redirect the ball carrier to others.

Vincent Rey is a capable back up.  A back up, not a starter. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:03 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Clearly, with all the success in the playoffs in all.  

As opposed to all the success you've had in the NFL?
Reply/Quote