Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we back to the Bungles?
Seriously. Who in their right mind would condone staying with the status quo? Mediocrity rules the day, as does stability over trying to maximize the chances of winning games. The talking heads will go ape-shit tomorrow. Steelers fans are loving this.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
What do you mean "back"?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
... Bruh, the Bungles have been back. One could argue they never truly left.

We are stuck with Bungle bullshit until Mike Brown is pushing up daisies, maybe even after. I'm sure Katie signed off with this Marvin extension as well.
Reply/Quote
Have been since about 1 minute to go in the Shitsburgh playoff game

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dan Fouts is the happiest man on earth right now. He still has the Bengals to kick around.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:33 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Seriously.  Who in their right mind would condone staying with the status quo?  Mediocrity rules the day, as does stability over trying to maximize the chances of winning games.  The talking heads will go ape-shit tomorrow.  Steelers fans are loving this.

Back to bungles? We've never left that status. Winning seasons, Playoff appears means ABSOLUTELY nothing. Bungles now, bungles forever. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:33 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Seriously.  Who in their right mind would condone staying with the status quo?  Mediocrity rules the day, as does stability over trying to maximize the chances of winning games.  The talking heads will go ape-shit tomorrow.  Steelers fans are loving this.
The parade of good players leaving will continue and the inability to replace them will sink the ship yet again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This board is hilarious at times.

After we fired Lazor, we went 7-7.

Is that great? No, but it's also not like we're back in the 90s.

We were two games out of the playoffs, with four games being decided by four points or less.

Is that great? No, but we have a lot of positive things on this team and a lot we can build on.

Am I happy about Marvin being back? Of course not, but it's tough to lure quality coaches to this franchise.

We have a quality team that we can build through the draft and maybe even free agency, and then we can make a run at a playoff run.

We have a talented core and we just beat a good Ravens team that was playing for their season.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This board is hilarious at times.

Is that great?  No, but it's also not like we're back in the 90s.  

We were two games out of the playoffs, with four games being decided by four points or less.

Is that great?  No, but we have a lot of positive things on this team and a lot we can build on.

Am I happy about Marvin being back?  Of course not, but it's tough to lure quality coaches to this franchise.

We have a quality team that we can build through the draft and maybe even free agency, and then we can make a run at a playoff run.

We have a talented core and we just beat a good Ravens team that was playing for their season.
Now now..eternal optimism isn't going to win you new friends and influence people. Why, you make it sound as if the team hasn't entirely turned the entire team over to the Cleveland city council.. 
I'm going to go out on a limb and agree with you. I know, I know..I'm not winning new friends and influencing people either..Dammit! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Is that great? No, but it's also not like we're back in the 90s.

Is that great? No, but we have a lot of positive things on this team and a lot we can build on.

Am I happy about Marvin being back? Of course not, but it's tough to lure quality coaches to this franchise.

The Bungles reference was directed at the FO’s absolute inability to see the obvious problems and make the necessary corrections. Disregarding the o-line. Settling for bargain basement retreads. Employing a threadbare scouting department that is enamored with workout numbers because the team doesn’t have area scouts to cover leagues thoroughly. Keeping perpetual coaching under performers while letting capable coordinators walk to other opportunities. In total, an absolute bungling of a talented roster and the past two seasons.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

depends what you mean by bungles?....as long as marvin is here with the current roster I do not see us going 2-14, 3-13 for the next 2 years. 

Now after those 2 years and once Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict etc are definitely on the downward slump and if we have not drafted well then the new HC could be in real trouble.

But no I don't see us going back to the 90's performance  - if there is one thing that Marvin is exceptional at it , it is being average so he'll keep us right in that not mediocre , not great area
Reply/Quote
Ask me again after the next wave of players run like hell out of town and the mental midgets running the shit show fail to replace them. Bye bye Geno, bye bye Carlos, bye bye defense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

Is that great?  No, but we have a lot of positive things on this team and a lot we can build on.

Am I happy about Marvin being back?  Of course not, but it's tough to lure quality coaches to this franchise.

The Bengals didn't even attempt to lure any other coaches though before giving Marvin another chance. That's more of the issue for me.
If Marvin were brought back after the Super Bowl because the Bengals felt they couldn't find a better coach, I'd probably (keyword probably) not be as irritated by this.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The other Ohio team went 1-16 in 2016 and 0-16 in 2017. Yet the Bengals are the laughing stock of the league today.

We are who they said we were. The Bungles. Nothing has changed. This generation is seeing what many of us saw in this inept organization last decade.

Hopefully you guys don't expect our star players (AJ) to magically feel better about this team. He'll be moping around, slumping his shoulders, and half assing it for the final years of his time here. He knows what we know. This team isn't going anywhere, and with Marvins return, the window barely cracked is officially shut.

Everyone knows how this is going to turn out (like we knew how this season would turn out after losing all the talent we have) but Mike Brown and his useless family.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

It will always be this way until MB retires AND whoever assumes ownership decides to change it up!!

If you are a fan, you might as well just concede this or change teams, because nothing is going to change as long as MB is at the helm!!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Have been since about 1 minute to go in the Shitsburgh playoff game

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
I have some issues with this whole thread. We go off the charts when our team, the CINCINNATI BENGALS, are called the other “B Word” by other fans or the media. Yet, here we are perpetrating the same nomenclature readily.

I don’t care if you love or hate Marvin Lewis. I don’t care if you love or hate Mike Brown. I don’t care if you love or hate Andy Dalton.

But, this team is ours. If you don’t like it, choose another team to follow. Follow the Vikings, or the Colts. But, to denigrate the local hometown team tells me more about you, than your name calling tells me about the. Bengals.

Rant Over!
Reply/Quote
Sorry guy ^ if it looks like a Bungle, and plays like a Bungle, front office acts like they care for a Bungle.......

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We never really stopped being the Bungles. Oh, sure, we're not the 2-14 kind of Bungles but in a lot of ways, this kind of Bungles is worse.

Reply/Quote

The Bengals were 7-9 and I cannot believe that was seen as an acceptable outcome before the season begun. Marvin and the coaches were all left on a one year contract for a reason. I assume it was a "show me contract" from Mike Brown. What we saw this year was the same issues that have plagued this team for years. 

-undisciplined play
-becoming unravelled at key times
-poor adjustments at half time
- ultra conservative play calling when in the lead
- sticking with underperforming vets

Even the benefits of this year - the emergence of young players - is overshadowed by organizational failure. WJIII and Dennard emerge however management chose to extend Dre instead of an O-lineman. Cedric and Fisher did not progres. The failure to properly assess their own young players doomed this season. 

The benefits of scoring on later picks gets overshadowed by having top ten pick that not only does not contribute but gets embarrassed publicly by the coach.

Marvin has had time and opportunity to succeed but the team is regressing. Change needed to happen. It is actually unfathomable to me that MB sees this as a smart or positive move. 
Reply/Quote