Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we comfortable with Ogbuehi and Smith as our starting tackles next year?
We just let our stud OG go in free agency last season with, literally, no offer even given to him.

I would be absolutely stunned if they spent a top 10 pick on a guard after that shit.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have put themselves in quite a hole when it comes to their offensive line. The free agent class is extremely weak this year which means the couple good prospective signings will cost a way to much. The draft also doesn't have any stars at this point, however once we get some scouting on smaller schools and testing begins some lesser known prospects may rise up to be that 2nd round Tackle. Andrew Norwell is someone that we could bring in to correct the guard position, however I feel the biggest needs are obviously LT and center.

I think its obvious at this point that taking the best offensive lineman at #9 will be in our best interest, but don't forget this is the bengals and they will win worthless games to get further back in the draft.

EDIT: The number 1 player in free agency we should go for is Weston Richburg without a doubt. He is one of the best centers in the nfl

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 01:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: The Bengals have put themselves in quite a hole when it comes to their offensive line.  The free agent class is extremely weak this year which means the couple good prospective signings will cost a way to much.  The draft also doesn't have any stars at this point, however once we get some scouting on smaller schools and testing begins some lesser known prospects may rise up to be that 2nd round Tackle.  Andrew Norwell is someone that we could bring in to correct the guard position, however I feel the biggest needs are obviously LT and center.  

I think its obvious at this point that taking the best offensive lineman at #9 will be in our best interest, but don't forget this is the bengals and they will win worthless games to get further back in the draft.

EDIT:  The number 1 player in free agency we should go for is Weston Richburg without a doubt.  He is one of the best centers in the nfl
you said this draft doesn't have any stars at this point....related to the O-line...
I disagree...
ND OG Nelson is rated on some big boards, {walterfootball.com}  as the 4th best player this year....they also project us picking him at #9
  he's supposed to be a better OG than Mankins or DeCastro....a pure F-ing stud....6' 5" road grader...
he's the #1 rated O-lineman coming out this yr...

I know this is the Bengals & that's usually not their style....but maybe this year they'll do the right thing....if he's sill on the board at #9....

we need to get the most BANG for our O-line buck....that is Nelson at #9
all the OT's are rated more mid rd or lower first rd grades....not a great value at #9....reaching isn't good...
Reply/Quote
I'm probably better with Ced and Big Dre being our starting OTs than I am Vigil and Minter being our starting LBs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:41 PM)lone bengal Wrote: We definitely need to address tackle early in the draft ,anybody that feels comfortable going forward with the tackles we have are crazy.  Fisher may have been wrose then Ogbuehi this year constantly whiffing on blocks plus he’s in the last year of his contract next year. Ogbuehi has played better there’s only one way up from rock bottom but I’m not confident going forward with him as are starting LT , plus we’re one year away from making the descion to pick up his fifth year option. Andre Smith is a free agent ,on the wrong side of 30, has a bad injury history plus his play is on the decline. I looked at the tackle free agent class next year and it’s awful.  I heard people mention singing Nate Solder.   I’m from New England this guy has been bad the last two years and his play is on a sharp decline he was average at best in his prime.

I was reading mocks last night & read where the Pats had to get a new OT to replace Nate Solder b/c he was terrible...

if we do pick at #9 looks like all the top OT's are graded out as mid to lower 1st rd picks....not a good value from our #9 spot....only value is OG Nelson.....but as we know the Bengals don't usually draft OG's early...& then every yr it seems we have trouble running the ball & A.D. is running for his life....
but if we take an OT at #9 i'd be ok w/ it.....as long as Nelson is already off the board... Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see us signing any free agent tackles...so it would be drafting McGlinchey who struggles with speed rushers or some other OT.

I've identified a Center in free agency and a Guard that I'd target. IF we could atleast upgrade 2 positions that goes a long way towards stabilizing the line.

Honestly, I don't see us bringing in 4 new starters.

i agree.... doubt Bengals would sign a FA OT...
also don't see them bringing in 4 new starters on the O-line....

i think they'll draft an OT in rds 1 or 2...
but it's hard to predict w/ this team...
everyone knows the O-line is our #1 problem
we'll see how they address it.....
i just don't trust our war room as much as i use to...

you just can't "whiff" on 1st & 2nd rd players like Ced, Fisher & now Ross....
Reply/Quote
A shit sandwich with a eunuch at center.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:13 PM)Rattler Wrote: A shit sandwich with a eunuch at center.

folks,it doesn't matter who they sign or get,they do not know how to coach.for the stoolers to come back and whip shit out of this bunch,should tell us all.marvin must go.he is not an nfl caliber coach.he will go immediately to the stoolers and they will gladly take him.he is just terrible at coaching anything.why doesn't this front office fire his ass.he would NEVER last this long anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
PFF had Ogbuehi at 2 allowed sacks and 4 other hurries in the game today. They say that makes 8 sacks allowed this year, the most by any LT in the NFL.

Their ratings might be suspect at times, but they are pretty good at their counting stats.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: PFF had Ogbuehi at 2 allowed sacks and 4 other hurries in the game today. They say that makes 8 sacks allowed this year, the most by any LT in the NFL.

Their ratings might be suspect at times, but they are pretty good at their counting stats.

Ole-hee also saved the front office about 8.5 million dollars this year over Whit. I’d say Mike Brown is very comfortable with that. Factor is the dumpster diving on Andre and Mike’s more comfortable than a 400 pound fatty settling into their second plate at Golden Corral.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote