Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we going to Rebuild?
These moves seem to be setting us up to draft a QB and rebuild.

Needs were TE, RT...they re-signed backups for starter money.

Are we putting ourselves in position to rebuild?
Reply/Quote
We're gonna have to when Dalton is shattered into eighty seven pieces.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: These moves seem to be setting us up to draft a QB and rebuild.

I don't actually think so. If this was a true rebuild, you'd see finances held back to store up for a big spending year in a couple years once the team is ready to contend again. You don't spend $6 mill and $7 mill a year on backup-level players if you're going to rebuild.

EDIT - Or maybe you do, what do I know?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: These moves seem to be setting us up to draft a QB and rebuild.

How the hell do any of the moves we have made signify we are drafting a QB?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:22 PM)Big Boss Wrote: We're gonna have to when Dalton is shattered into eighty seven pieces.

Andy Dalton was the 28th most sacked QB in the NFL last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
FO thought process:

Whitworth < Hart. Undervalued vs. Overvalued. Ha...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy Dalton was the 28th most sacked QB in the NFL last year

So your saying our offensive line did a good job protecting him ? He has a quick release which helps him out when guys like Hart and Redmond are letting guys blow by them. Or maybe he had less opportunities to get sacked because are defense was getting ran all over last season. Plus he missed a bunch of games due to injury sure that factors in.
Reply/Quote
Sky's falling y'all!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Nope, reload

Hart, Redmond, MJ, Burfict all coming back.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How the hell do any of the moves we have made signify we are drafting a QB?

Gonna need one with Hart getting starter money. Dalton is going to be running for his life.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nope, reload

Hart, Redmond, MJ, Burfict all coming back.

Status quo
Reply/Quote

Rebuild? Makes no sense because they would be saving cap money for the future and signing million dollar TE's versus 6 million. RT for 2 million versus 7 million.

Also, they would be trading Geno, AJ and AD
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Actually they signed backups for what the market is dictating.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: Actually they signed backups for what the market is dictating.

Let's see after FA where the costs are for tackles and so on. I am guessing after all signings, Hart is like 50th highest paid tackle in the NFL. That would make your statement accurate.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Rebuild? No. This isn't a traditional rebuild year for Cincinnati. There are four ways to rebuild:

1. Burn the house down and start over entirely.
2. Get a new coaching staff and rebuild the existing team.
3. Keep the coaching staff and get new players.
4. Whatever the BLEEP Cleveland has been doing since 1964.

The Bengals have chosen the safest pick, #2. It's a lot easier for new coaches to evaluate talent on existing players than it is looking ahead to free agency or the draft and wondering, "What if?" Cincinnati has plenty of talent at the skill player positions on offense and there are some high performers on defense as well. The trick is raising everyone's level of performance -- "The Patriot Way" -- such that weaknesses are eliminated.
Reply/Quote
Well honestly that was my first thought. All the mocks have us taking a tackle at #11.

Now we're all set with bookend mediocre tackles. So do we go QB?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well honestly that was my first thought. All the mocks have us taking a tackle at #11.

Now we're all set with bookend mediocre tackles. So do we go QB?

No.  We go either best offensive lineman on the board or best linebacker on the board.  There's no reason to draft a quarterback in the first round because he'll end up holding a clipboard.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:44 PM)lone bengal Wrote: So your saying our offensive line did a good job protecting him ? He has a quick release which helps him out when guys like Hart and Redmond are letting guys blow by them. Or maybe he had less opportunities to get sacked because are defense was getting ran all over last season. Plus he missed a bunch of games due to injury sure that factors in.

Simply saying the "Andy's going to get killed" narrative is tired and no longer has merit. All QBs get sacked; and believe it or not some much more than Andy and it's not because of a difference of 0.02 second release time. 

Seems the only time Andy gets hurt is when he's doing something a QB is not expected to do. ie making tackles, scrambling for ball snapped over head. Keep Hopkins at Center last year and Andy doesn't get hurt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Simply saying the "Andy's going to get killed" narrative is tired and no longer has merit. All QBs get sacked; and believe it or not some much more than Andy and it's not because of a difference of 0.02 second release time. 

Seems the only time Andy gets hurt is when he's doing something a QB is not expected to do. ie making tackles, scrambling for ball snapped over head. Keep Hopkins at Center last year and Andy doesn't get hurt.

But wait, you mean our first round center got AD killed. I thought 1st round picks never made huge mistakes

Reply/Quote
If we are rebuilding then we better trade Andy, AJ, Geno, and Carlos... With that being said I don't think there rebuilding there just dumb.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote