Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With 4 games left and after some schedule checking ..
and deliberation, I've come to some conclusions and made some decisions on who I will pull for in January and February.

Like I said, I don't believe, with the exception of the 1981 and 1988 seasons, I do not believe the Bengals have ever won more than one 'big stage' game in a season. They have already won their token PT game (Miami) and tied one (Washington) so I do not see any way they win the game in Houston, and in order to win the division they need to win out and the Steelers and Ravens need to lose 3 of 4 in order for the Bengals to win the division.

I don't see either of those scenarios playing out ....so .......

1. If the Bengals beat the Browns, and the Bills happen to beat the Steelers, I will pull for the Patriots against Baltimore.

2. If the Bengals lose to the Browns or the Steelers beat the Bills, I will pull for the Ravens against the Patriots. Why?

I do not want the Steelers to win the division, and IF the Steelers beat the Bills and the Ravens lose to the Pats, then the Ravens would have to win out to win the division, beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, assuming the Bengals lose to Pittsburgh which they have done a lot at home in Cincy.

Even though the Ravens have owned the Steelers, the Steelers are overdue to beat them, just like the Ravens were overdue to beat the Bengals.

I want the Thugsburgh Stealers to have to sit home and watch the playoffs, continuing to piss and moan and how dirty and mean the other teams are!! Hilarious

As far as the playoffs go, I will rooting for whoever is playing Dallas, and IF the Steelers qualify, anyone who is playing them!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 01:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: and deliberation, I've come to some conclusions and made some decisions on who I will pull for in January and February.

Like I said, I don't believe, with the exception of the 1981 and 1988 seasons, I do not believe the Bengals have ever won more than one 'big stage' game in a season.  They have already won their token PT game (Miami) and tied one (Washington) so I do not see any way they win the game in Houston, and in order to win the division they need to win out and the Steelers and Ravens need to lose 3 of 4 in order for the Bengals to win the division.

I don't see either of those scenarios playing out ....so .......

1.  If the Bengals beat the Browns, and the Bills happen to beat the Steelers, I will pull for the Patriots against Baltimore.

2.  If the Bengals lose to the Browns or the Steelers beat the Bills, I will pull for the Ravens against the Patriots. Why?

I do not want the Steelers to win the division, and IF the Steelers beat the Bills and the Ravens lose to the Pats, then the Ravens would have to win out to win the division, beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, assuming the Bengals lose to Pittsburgh which they have done a lot at home in Cincy.

Even though the Ravens have owned the Steelers, the Steelers are overdue to beat them, just like the Ravens were overdue to beat the Bengals.

I want the Thugsburgh Stealers to have to sit home and watch the playoffs, continuing to piss and moan and how dirty and mean the other teams are!!   Hilarious

As far as the playoffs go, I will rooting for whoever is playing Dallas, and IF the Steelers qualify, anyone who is playing them!

As much as I hate it, I am pulling for Baltimore in every game except the one with Cincy, so they will win the Division. I am also pulling for Dallas to win the whole thing to give them 6 rings.
Reply/Quote
Has a starting Rookie QB/Rookie RB combination won a bowl before? I bet it'll happen if Brady doesn't stand in the way.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 11:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As much as I hate it, I am pulling for Baltimore in every game except the one with Cincy, so they will win the Division. I am also pulling for Dallas to win the whole thing to give them 6 rings.

I am assuming that you want Dallas to get the 6 rings so Pittsburgh isn't standing alone???

That's the ONLY positive for me, because ever since Jerry Jones took ownership, I can't stand the Cowboys!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 11:06 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Has a starting Rookie QB/Rookie RB combination won a bowl before? I bet it'll happen if Brady doesn't stand in the way.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brady doesn't win his fifth, reuben.  To be the ONLY QB with 5 rings.  That alone, could fire him and the Pats up enough to do it!!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 01:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brady doesn't win his fifth, reuben.  To be the ONLY QB with 5 rings.  That alone, could fire him and the Pats up enough to do it!!

I think the suspension and hi reputation are more motivation than the number of rings right now.  Face it, 3 of his championships are mired in controversy and allegations.  Winning a championship without any allegations on a season which he started on the reserve/suspended list for alleged rules violations without any controversy involved would be the best way for him to flip the bird to the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 01:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I am assuming that you want Dallas to get the 6 rings so Pittsburgh isn't standing alone???

That's the ONLY positive for me, because ever since Jerry Jones took ownership, I can't stand the Cowboys!

Sadly, given our record,  them being driven crazy would be a highlight of this season.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Now that we've beaten the Browns twice is it ok to root for them from here on out?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 07:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Now that we've beaten the Browns twice is it ok to root for them from here on out?

Sure, if you're shopping around for extra football disappointment this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 02:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think the suspension and hi reputation are more motivation than the number of rings right now.  Face it, 3 of his championships are mired in controversy and allegations.  Winning a championship without any allegations on a season which he started on the reserve/suspended list for alleged rules violations without any controversy involved would be the best way for him to flip the bird to the league.

His ego would be given a huge boost to be the only QB with 5.  He could very easily retire with that record and it could hold for a very long time!
Reply/Quote
Well that's that. Steelers beat the Bills.

Tomorrow night, I WILL BE a Ravens fan BIG TIME. I will remain a fan until the last week of the season. Hopefully, they won't be in a position to need to win week 17 in order to win the division.

I would hate to be rooting for the Bengals knowing if they win, it puts Thugsburgh into the playoffs!!
Reply/Quote
I'll be at the Baltimore game. I'm not driving down there to hope we lose to the Ravens and maybe give them the division over Pittsburgh. **** that noise. It's up to the Ravens to get the Ravens into the playoffs, not us. So I'm going to cheer for us and hope we knock the snot out of the Ravens. And if our winning that day gives the Steelers the division, so be it. I'll enjoy the game I paid for and dedicated a day to. So will the other 55,000+ in attendance that day.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 01:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I am assuming that you want Dallas to get the 6 rings so Pittsburgh isn't standing alone???

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 08:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'll be at the Baltimore game.  I'm not driving down there to hope we lose to the Ravens and maybe give them the division over Pittsburgh.  **** that noise.  It's up to the Ravens to get the Ravens into the playoffs, not us. So I'm going to cheer for us and hope we knock the snot out of the Ravens.  And if our winning that day gives the Steelers the division, so be it. I'll enjoy the game I paid for and dedicated a day to.  So will the other 55,000+ in attendance that day.

Let me be clear.  I will NEVER root against the Bengals, my point was the bitter/sweet of seeing the Bengals beat them, but also knowing they did the Steelers a favor!!  Capiche??

BTW, being an ole timer, I gave up paying anything outside a cable bill and an occasional shirt after the strikes in the 80s and that goes for both baseball and basketball.

Millionaire divas striking for more millions!   Say What  
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Let me be clear.  I will NEVER root against the Bengals, my point was the bitter/sweet of seeing the Bengals beat them, but also knowing they did the Steelers a favor!!  Capiche??

BTW, being an ole timer, I gave up paying anything outside a cable bill and an occasional shirt after the strikes in the 80s and that goes for both baseball and basketball.

SAME HERE!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Let me be clear.  I will NEVER root against the Bengals, my point was the bitter/sweet of seeing the Bengals beat them, but also knowing they did the Steelers a favor!!  Capiche??

Well, let's take a look at what you said:

Quote:I would hate to be rooting for the Bengals knowing if they win, it puts Thugsburgh into the playoffs!!

Not really seeing any ambiguity there over any supposed "bitter/sweet" dilemma, but, please  forgive me for misinterpreting.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, let's take a look at what you said:

Not really seeing any ambiguity there over any supposed "bitter/sweet" dilemma, but, please  forgive me for misinterpreting.

Yes, I would hate being in that situation.  I would hate rooting for the Bengals knowing that those bitches in Thugsburgh would also be rooting for them as well, so 'they' could make the playoffs.

I couldn't care less how you interpreted it.  There have already been many said they were rooting against the Bengals for the best draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 10:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Yes, I would hate being in that situation.  I would hate rooting for the Bengals knowing that those bitches in Thugsburgh would also be rooting for them as well, so 'they' could make the playoffs.

I couldn't care less how you interpreted it.  There have already been many said they were rooting against the Bengals for the best draft pick.

I would argue that you care or you wouldn't have responded.  Let's find out how little you care about this post.
Reply/Quote