Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we not buying enough balls?
Burrow received a game ball and threw it back into the mix for the next game

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/04/joe-burrow-got-game-ball-but-its-not-heading-for-a-trophy-case/

Quote:“It was a really good football, so I just threw it right back in with the other game balls so we don’t lose it,” Burrow told PFT by phone after the 33-25 win over Jacksonville.

“[W]e’re gonna use it for the game next week,” Burrow added. “You only get so may. You’ve got to keep them when you can.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling someone fished it out for him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 09:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Burrow received a game ball and threw it back into the mix for the next game

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/04/joe-burrow-got-game-ball-but-its-not-heading-for-a-trophy-case/

That’s some Marge Schott shit right there.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have a feeling someone fished it out for him.

I’m sure his parents were at the game. Hopefully it went to them.

Reply/Quote
My assumption is he likes the feel of that ball when he throws it.

Still, I can't help but wonder if we bought fewer balls because we had to buy replacements for all the stolen missing Gatorade packets.
Reply/Quote
Isn't there some limit to the number of game balls a team can have per game? I think I remember something like that from the deflate gate scandal.

If your QB likes the feel of a certain ball, you keep it in play till he doesn't like it or you legally can't.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Isn't there some limit to the number of game balls a team can have per game? I think I remember something like that from the deflate gate scandal.

If your QB likes the feel of a certain ball, you keep it in play till he doesn't like it or you legally can't.

Which is what he was saying, but the quote makes it sound like we are being the cheap franchise who can't afford to buy more of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Which is what he was saying, but the quote makes it sound like we are being the cheap franchise who can't afford to buy more of them.

I took his quote to mean he is very specific in the ball he likes to throw and so that one must have felt really good in his hand, so will put it in for next game.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:35 PM)pally Wrote:

Haha dude was born to be a QB

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Haha dude was born to be a QB

He's, just like he said, 100% about football.
Reply/Quote
A game ball is nice. But a ring is nicer.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s some Marge Schott shit right there.

I'm betting his trophy case is full. 

I believe this way more of a Joe thing than a Bengal thing.   It's just more proof of what a rare individual he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I reaallllyyy hope no one thinks the Bengals don't have enough footballs, so that's why he threw it back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 09:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Burrow received a game ball and threw it back into the mix for the next game

And he has now completely won Mike Browns heart.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Which is what he was saying, but the quote makes it sound like we are being the cheap franchise who can't afford to buy more of them.

I didn't think you even got the actual game ball. I was pretty positive the team makes a special "game ball" for the player afterwards. I remember Rudi Johnson was auctioning a bunch of stuff off his estate. He had a lot of game balls and they didn't look like official game balls. Definitely looked like a commemorative ball.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:51 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And he has now completely won Mike Browns heart.

LOL I was waiting for this!
Reply/Quote

God I love this kid. He has everything we would want in a QB and someone leading this team. We get a line in front to protect him it’s lights out for everyone else. 
Reply/Quote
What a pile of doofs in this thread who took what Burrow said and thought it was indicative of the Bengals being cheap w footballs.

1: Burrow isn't personally so psyched about his first win that he wants to keep crap from it. He has bigger fish to fry.

2: He put it back because he liked the feel of it and wanted to keep it in the pile of balls to use.

3: He eluded to a little superstition when he said you only get so many great balls to throw and it was going back into the mix.

4: Joe Mixon was actually awarded the game ball and then gifted it to Burrow... Burrow did the badass thing and basically said "This isn't about me. Who the F cares about 1 win, we have more/bigger ones to go get." and tossed it back into the sea, so to speak. This is symbolic to me and should be to his teammates as well. Joe Burrow expects to win. Joe Burrow isn't hypong up a week 4 win against Jax.

Joe Burrow is a football god. If Steve Young, Boomer Esiason, and Peyton Manning had a mystical 3some, Joe Burrow would be their righteous spawn. Whodey!
Reply/Quote
Burrow's actual quote......

Quote:You said you didn't really care where your first touchdown pass ball might go to — you weren't too concerned where that memento ended up. Do you have any plans for your first victory game ball?

"It's going back in the ball bag. You only get so many great (balls and) I'm very particular about the balls that I throw, so it's going right back in the game ball bag. I'll be using it again."

He simply likes the feel of this ball and the way it was prepped.
Reply/Quote