Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
I will say upfront, I pray we are not.
Why do I ask? There are 80+ million people and growing that feel former POTUS Trump is getting a raw deal.
1. The F.B.I. approval rating is way under water, and appears to be getting worse by the day. It is the leadership, not the rank and file.
2. The D.O.J. approval rating in under water and showing major signs of weaponizing against conservatives, again leadership.
3. The country is in the tank with debt.
4. Citizens have more debt now that at any time in our history.
5. The average household is paying $707 more a month for essentials than they were in 2021 when Biden took office.
6. Democrats are hemorrhaging black, Latino and Hispanic voters to Republicans.

Here is a liberal poll saying the Trump indictments are political interference.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/17/harvard-poll-most-voters-say-trump-indictment-election-interference-believe-hell-be-acquitted/

I know a lot of conservatives. I do not or never have owned a gun. I know many they not only have a lot of fire power and ammo, they also have built bunkers. They literally are preparing for a civil war.

Our country is more divided than ever. Biden promised to unite the country, but instead weaponized the justice department to go after his chief political opponent. All the while, using the justice department to get away with money laundering and bribery.

Again, I hope I am wrong and things stay civil, I just don't believe it is possible if Trump is sentenced to 1 day in jail.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Figures as soon as the Bengals are FINALLY year in and year out SB contenders this country decides to derail things with a damned civil war. By the time this country rebuilds Joe Burrow will be in his late 30s at least.
Reply/Quote
There are some borderline mentally unstable trump fanatics that do present a threat. And they can’t stand not being the loudest voice. That may be why you would feel that way. The whole thing is falling apart and unfortunately there are fanboys willing to bring everything else down with the sinking ship.

We are dealing with the type of people who will follow Qanon shaman into an assault on the capital. So you just can’t expect reason and decency imo.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There are some borderline mentally unstable trump fanatics that do present a threat. And they can’t stand not being the loudest voice. That may be why you would feel that way. The whole thing is falling apart and unfortunately there are fanboys willing to bring everything else down with the sinking ship.

We are dealing with the type of people who will follow Qanon shaman into an assault on the capital. So you just can’t expect reason and decency imo.

I'd actually be a bit interested to see what the rules are.  I live in a red area of PA, so would I be drafted into the red army and sent to march onto Pittsburgh or Erie, or since Biden won PA does that mean I'm being sent to train with the blue army to prepare for our attack on Ohio or West Virginia?  

Or is this more like my neighbor is going to notice that I'm not wearing a MAGA hat and shoot me while I'm going to work?  Will my family get veteran benefits if I'm killed in action?  

OR since I voted libertarian in the past 3 elections I may be sent to an interment camp until they can figure out where my loyalties lie.  
Reply/Quote
As long as wages keep rising while inflation keeps cooling we should be alright. The two will reach an equilibrium eventually.

There are absolutely some more violent loons like the Utah guy that will get mowed down by the cops though, especially once their messiah starts getting convicted for his crimes and not just indicted.
Reply/Quote
Nah because people who want it are too old to do it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
There already is a civil war going on in the USA. Just not weapons yet. The government no longer represents all Americans. The liberals talk about hate yet they hate conservatives. I wish we could just follow the Bible and end all this strife. Wait, the Bible condemns a lot of the behaviors people are fighting for these days. God will handle it IMO. Just don't be surprised if our nation is no longer blessed.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:35 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Nah because people who want it are too old to do it.

Instead of SEAL TEAM 6, they're MEAL TEAM 6.

In all seriousness, we are way too intertwined as a society.  As the above poster said, you may have a crazy neighbor out there who wants to shoot you for being of a different political party.   I bet people don't put as many signs in their yards for a few election cycles. Stick to putting Cincy Bengals up and you'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:41 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: There already is a civil war going on in the USA. Just not weapons yet. The government no longer represents all Americans. The liberals talk about hate yet they hate conservatives. I wish we could just follow the Bible and end all this strife. Wait, the Bible condemns a lot of the behaviors people are fighting for these days. God will handle it IMO. Just don't be surprised if our nation is no longer blessed.

So you want to ignore the American constitution which promises a freedom of religion, in order for everyone to follow your belief in the Christian Bible. Did you ever stop to think that belief is a root cause of civil war?

There is plenty of “hate” to go around…so don’t go patting conservatives on the back for spreading love and acceptance.

We started on the path the day our former President lied about a rigged election and tried to interfere with the peaceful transfer of power…all because he didn’t want to be seen as a “loser”.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There are some borderline mentally unstable trump fanatics that do present a threat. And they can’t stand not being the loudest voice. That may be why you would feel that way. The whole thing is falling apart and unfortunately there are fanboys willing to bring everything else down with the sinking ship.

The fact that you don't understand or maybe even comprehend that there are people like that on both sides shows how biased and partisan you are.  You must have not paid attention to the summer of love.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 08:08 AM)pally Wrote: So you want to ignore the American constitution which promises a freedom of religion, in order for everyone to follow your belief in the Christian Bible.  Did you ever stop to think that belief is a root cause of civil war?

There is plenty of “hate” to go around…so don’t go patting conservatives on the back for spreading love and acceptance.

We started on the path the day our former President lied about a rigged election and tried to interfere with the peaceful transfer of power…all because he didn’t want to be seen as a “loser”.

Some would say when Hillary refused to accept her defeat or when Obama prior to leaving office allowed the F.B.I. to go after a sitting POTUS when he knew the Dossier was a HRC political paid for fake document cooked up by HRC campaign. Obama and Biden knew as they were updated by Brennan before the election of 2016.

Always 2 sides to every story.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:33 PM)treee Wrote: As long as wages keep rising while inflation keeps cooling we should be alright. The two will reach an equilibrium eventually.

There are absolutely some more violent loons like the Utah guy that will get mowed down by the cops though, especially once their messiah starts getting convicted for his crimes and not just indicted.

I know of no one who is getting raises even remotely big enough to keep up with inflation.  Pennies on the dollar.

If you are looking at the gov't faked inflation numbers then I am sure they make it look good.  That will happen when you ignore all the major household expenses in the inflation numbers.

My core bills have not gotten any better.  Not at all.  They continue to stay highly elevated or getting worse.

My electric and gas bill and still up 50% and 75% with no relief in sight with all this anti fossil fuel bs.
Gas is now up to 4.00.  Was 2.20 when Biden took office.
Groceries are still up 30%-100% depending on product.

In the real world where I live there is nothing that is getting better money wise.  Fake gov't numbers don't make it true.  My bills and grocery receipts don't lie.

Don't forget about interest rates that continue to climb.  Credit card debt at now over 1 trillion and those interest rates going up.

Or the vehicle prices that are still highly inflated.  I just built my identical truck.  2020 vs 2023.  11k more for the same truck.

With all that said I certainly hope you are right, but that has not started yet as I and many others have had zero relief on top of gas going up (in my area) almost 50 cents.  Nothing else has come down.  Me and my coworkers all received a 1% raise this year.  I'm down 700-800 a month since Biden.
Reply/Quote
In seeing conflicting responses. Is Trump going to ride these fake indictments to a landslide 2024 victory or are we going to initiate a civil war before then in order to.....im not sure what.

Why start a civil war if you think Trump is going to win a fair election within the next 15 months?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 08:49 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I know of no one who is getting raises even remotely big enough to keep up with inflation.  Pennies on the dollar.

If you are looking at the gov't faked inflation numbers then I am sure they make it look good.  That will happen when you ignore all the major household expenses. 

My core bills have not gotten any better.  Not at all.  They continue to stay highly elevated or getting worse.

My electric and gas bill and still up 50% and 75% with no relief in sight with all this anti fossil fuel bs.
Gas is now up to 4.00.  Was 2.20 when Biden took office.
Groceries are still up 30%-100% depending on product.

In the real world where I live there is nothing that is getting better money wise.  Fake gov't numbers don't make it true.  My bills and grocery receipts don't lie.

Don't forget about interest rates that continue to climb.  Credit card debt at now over 1 trillion and those interest rates going up.

Or the vehicle prices that are still highly inflated.  I just built my identical truck.  2020 vs 2023.  11k more for the same truck.

With all that said I certainly hope you are right, but that has not started yet as I and many other have had zero relief on top of gas going (in my area) almost 50 cents.  Nothing else has come down.  We all got a 1% raise this year.  I'm down 700-800 a month since Biden.

I get that people are poor and pissed off, but what part of this is going to get better if Americana start killing each other?  
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 08:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I get that people are poor and pissed off, but what part of this is going to get better if Americana start killing each other?  

It won't and I hope it doesn't happen.

Between the bs lockdowns that crushed everything and this bs war on fossil fuel the middle class is getting killed financially.

I am all for green tech and keeping the earth nice, but this mad and immediate push to "green" is nuts.

Embrace fossil fuels in the now and let science and tech naturally work towards new and greener products.  I am so sick and tired of having "green" forced on me at every turn.  NY is awful.  Ban this, ban that while calling the other side dictators.   It's all just so stupid.

I hope Trump, Biden and Harris are nowhere to be found come 2024.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 09:00 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It won't and I hope it doesn't happen.

Between the bs lockdowns that crushed everything and this bs war on fossil fuel the middle class is getting killed financially.

I am all for green tech and keeping the earth nice, but this mad and immediate push to "green" is nuts.

Embrace fossil fuels in the now and let science and tech naturally work towards new and greener products.  I am so sick and tired of having "green" forced on me at every turn.  NY is awful.  Ban this, ban that while calling the other side dictators.   It's all just so stupid.

Ok, well this just all seems a bit run of the mill for a thread about Americans taking sides and engaging in a literal war with each other, is all.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 10:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Here is a liberal poll saying the Trump indictments are political interference.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/17/harvard-poll-most-voters-say-trump-indictment-election-interference-believe-hell-be-acquitted/

A quick note, and this shouldn't be surprising, but Breitbart is misrepresenting those poll results. For instance, in that poll the plurality think Trump is guilty and a majority think he should withdraw from the race and that the prosecutors have a strong case against him.

https://harvardharrispoll.com/

Always look at the poll for yourself.

(08-14-2023, 10:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our country is more divided than ever. Biden promised to unite the country, but instead weaponized the justice department to go after his chief political opponent. All the while, using the justice department to get away with money laundering and bribery.

In what way did Biden do these things? The DoJ has made these decisions independently of the White House. I understand this is the narrative, but there has been nothing to show Biden made the decisions involved in any of this. In fact, most of the accusations related to shielding his son from the DoJ came when he wasn't even in office.

I used to say this about Trump when people got their hackles up for idiotic things. There are enough legitimate criticisms of Biden. Using these conspiratorial claims in an attempt to undermine him is unnecessary and honestly just make you look dumb.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 08:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Some would say when Hillary refused to accept her defeat or when Obama prior to leaving office allowed the F.B.I. to go after a sitting POTUS when he knew the Dossier was a HRC political paid for fake document cooked up by HRC campaign. Obama and Biden knew as they were updated by Brennan before the election of 2016.

Always 2 sides to every story.

1) Hillary Clinton conceded the 2016 the night of the election. She attended his inauguration

2). Obama allowed the FBI to go after himself…because HE was the sitting President when he was Presdident

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 09:00 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It won't and I hope it doesn't happen.

Not for nothing but the middle class has been getting "killed" for 40 years.  And "green tech" has been worked on for almost as long.

Kicking the can down the road has been going on for at least 40 years so none of this is new and putting things off longer won't help anything either.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not for nothing but the middle class has been getting "killed" for 40 years.  And "green tech" has been worked on for almost as long.

Kicking the can down the road has been going on for at least 40 years so none of this is new and putting things off longer won't help anything either.

Fittingly, Americans have been talking about starting another civil war for a long time, too.  We'll do it tomorrow...right when we decide to finally work on getting in shape and starting that band we've been talking about with our high school friends for decades.
Reply/Quote