Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-15-2023, 05:42 PM)pally Wrote: so the soldiers everyone claims are patriotic Americans would commit treason to protect a cult leader.  Yep sounds like conservative thinking to me.  What do you see is the outcome of this potential civil war?

The bolded can be read in two ways. 

1. Ironic/figural, if you mean actual conservatives, who would never commit sedition* to protect a cult leader.

2. Literal, if you just mean MAGA and other Trump supporters who may style themselves "conservative."

*Lol, I know Michaelsean is following this. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On the "verge"? No.

Social media and biased cable "news" will give the squeaking wheel all the oil.

Just like we weren't during the Vietnam protests, the Great Depression, last summer, January 6th, etc.  The answer is always no because there is no kind of central organization to act as rebels.  

There are groups that loosely tied by a vague ideology that "Government is bad/drain the swamp".  And not all of those are anchored by DJT, some are libertarian...lol.

But all seriousness aside, despite the loud shouting from some fringe people there is no civil wat in our immediate future, IMHO.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:41 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: There already is a civil war going on in the USA. Just not weapons yet. The government no longer represents all Americans. The liberals talk about hate yet they hate conservatives. I wish we could just follow the Bible and end all this strife. Wait, the Bible condemns a lot of the behaviors people are fighting for these days. God will handle it IMO. Just don't be surprised if our nation is no longer blessed.

yes havent you heard the latest that Jesus is too "woke"? LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 07:01 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: With the Russian interference in the 2016 election, Putin knew Trump was the one person who would tear this county apart at the seams.   This is due to Trump's malignant narcissism-- Putin knew it was only a matter of time before there was talk of a civil war.  With Putin's disdain for democracy, this is just a waiting game for him and then Ukraine's democracy will also fail without our support.  Putin's playing the long game here.

On the bright side according to today's ABC News poll, 70% of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Trump.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: On the "verge"? No.

Social media and biased cable "news" will give the squeaking wheel all the oil.

Just like we weren't during the Vietnam protests, the Great Depression, last summer, January 6th, etc.  The answer is always no because there is no kind of central organization to act as rebels.  

There are groups that loosely tied by a vague ideology that "Government is bad/drain the swamp".  And not all of those are anchored by DJT, some are libertarian...lol.

But all seriousness aside, despite the loud shouting from some fringe people there is no civil wat in our immediate future, IMHO.

Finally. I feel like this day needs a special meaning now. The day when GMD declares, "Not everything is Trumps fault!" Seriously, this was a good post. 

Reply/Quote
We can only wish. I'd love to see California and the entire West Coast becoming a separate country, all blue voters from the Midwest and South should be given an option to pack their things and live there. The blue voters paradise full of illegal immigrants, high taxes, people who don't work and do nothing to contribute to society parasiting the welfare state and schools being ran by these woke-marxist educators teaching children about white privillege and gender.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:17 PM)Bengalion Wrote: We can only wish. I'd love to see California and the entire West Coast becoming a separate country, all blue voters from the Midwest and South should be given an option to pack their things and live there. The blue voters paradise full of illegal immigrants, high taxes, people who don't work and do nothing to contribute to society parasiting the welfare state and schools being ran by these woke-marxist educators teaching children about white privillege and gender.

Yeah, the moderates and conservatives here in CA, of which there are millions, would not appreciate that.  Thanks, but no thanks.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:17 PM)Bengalion Wrote: We can only wish. I'd love to see California and the entire West Coast becoming a separate country, all blue voters from the Midwest and South should be given an option to pack their things and live there. The blue voters paradise full of illegal immigrants, high taxes, people who don't work and do nothing to contribute to society parasiting the welfare state and schools being ran by these woke-marxist educators teaching children about white privillege and gender.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, the moderates and conservatives here in CA, of which there are millions, would not appreciate that.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Kind of off topic....
I recently was playing in a band with some of the guys in Green Jellÿ (still pronounced Jello....the umlauts make the Y an O sound lmao). One of the guys is a huge antivax and anti woke (he's not a huge right winger tho)  anyway... he wants to move back because he can't make the same money he made out there (he does sales type work). He said its harder out here to make a living. 

I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:32 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Kind of off topic....
I recently was playing in a band with some of the guys in Green Jellÿ (still pronounced Jello....the umlauts make the Y an O sound lmao). One of the guys is a huge antivax and anti woke (he's not a huge right winger tho)  anyway... he wants to move back because he can't make the same money he made out there (he does sales type work). He said its harder out here to make a living. 

I've moved around for jobs and school and stuff in my life, now I'm settled and quite like it.  I couldn't imagine going through the hassle of uprooting for the sake of being politically butthurt, but I respect people's rights to do so if they feel like moving to a different colored state suits them.  I think this sort of thing just falls under yet another thing people say they are going to do, but don't actually do.

But I've also lived most of my life in a red area of a blue state, so I guess everyone is always happy or upset in a sense when it comes to that.
Reply/Quote
Anyway, all this talk of Civil War seems to be coming from right wingers. And some of the ones I know, always mention "all this gay" stuff like in Sodom and Gomorrah. Which to me, is just another unfair attack on the LGBTQ+ community. This is only what I've experienced. I can't speak for everyone else. But I'm surrounded by both rednecks and soy boys.
Reply/Quote

Mellow

https://taxfoundation.org/data/all/state/states-rely-most-federal-aid/

[Image: FedAidtoStates-011-1024x916.png]

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700

[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-16-123849.jpg]

https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/blog/finance/welfare-statistics.html

Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:39 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Anyway, all this talk of Civil War seems to be coming from right wingers. And some of the ones I know, always mention "all this gay" stuff like in Sodom and Gomorrah. Which to me, is just another unfair attack on the LGBTQ+ community. This is only what I've experienced. I can't speak for everyone else. But I'm surrounded by both rednecks and soy boys.

Meh, right wingers gave us the first First Lady that had girl on girl adult stuff on her resume, so they are either progressive or hypocrites (I know which one of those they'd find more insulting).

I was going to make a joke about Barba Bush or Rosalyn Carter being the first, but that was just too predicatable. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've moved around for jobs and school and stuff in my life, now I'm settled and quite like it.  I couldn't imagine going through the hassle of uprooting for the sake of being politically butthurt, but I respect people's rights to do so if they feel like moving to a different colored state suits them.  I think this sort of thing just falls under yet another thing people say they are going to do, but don't actually do.

But I've also lived most of my life in a red area of a blue state, so I guess everyone is always happy or upset in a sense when it comes to that.

His main thing was the California shutdowns and how extreme they were. I think that no matter where we live, if we wanna see problems we will see problems. If we wanna see good, we will see good. We are still a great country and still have massive problems. But it's red vs blue woohoo!!! Although we've had Republican presidents and Democrat president (same with senate and house) my whole 48 years in earth. But hey.....libs n repubs!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Multiple questions:  

Why use data from 2014?  Has nobody crunched the numbers in 9 years?  

Curious what this looks like in a post pandemic era.  I'm also curious as to the role state programs pay?  Like lets talk about the billions of dollars California spent on a massive failure of a plan to address homelessness.  I doubt any of that money was federal aid.  How much state tax is being spent on these programs?  Do the poorer states rely on federal aid more because there's less rich people taxes being paid?  Some of y'all have literal hate for the rich so I'd think that might be something you wanna know.

I'm also just thinking out loud and not asking you to go dig any of this up.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: Multiple questions:  

Curious what this looks like in a post pandemic era.  I'm also curious as to the role state programs pay?  Like lets talk about the billions of dollars California spent on a massive failure of a plan to address homelessness.  I doubt any of that money was federal aid.  How much state tax is being spent on these programs?  Do the poorer states rely on federal aid more because there's less rich people taxes being paid?  Some of y'all have literal hate for the rich so I'd think that might be something you wanna know.

2014 was the first one I came across, didn't feel like deleting it.

The second on is the most current from 2023.

The last link breaks down what KIND of welfare they are receiving and breaks down the poverty levels in the states.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700

[Image: Screenshot-2023-08-16-123849.jpg]

https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/blog/finance/welfare-statistics.html

Cool

Check the stats, California has the highest income tax rates, New Jersey takes the top regarding property tax rates. Blue state politicians have an insatiable appetite for more tax revenues so that they can create big-government programs that serve as selling points in the election campaigns.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:59 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Check the stats, California has the highest income tax rates, New Jersey takes the top regarding property tax rates. Blue state politicians have an insatiable appetite for more tax revenues so that they can create big-government programs that serve as selling points in the election campaigns.

I didn't post a single argument about taxes...just the "...blue voters paradise full of illegal immigrants, high taxes, people who don't work and do nothing to contribute to society parasiting the welfare state" you claimed in your post.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: Multiple questions:  

You raise good points, but I recall people complaining about this before 2014, too.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:59 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Check the stats, California has the highest income tax rates, New Jersey takes the top regarding property tax rates. Blue state politicians have an insatiable appetite for more tax revenues so that they can create big-government programs that serve as selling points in the election campaigns.

Kinda where my head was going.  Federal aid should be used when it's needed....now its great these other states need it less...but is it so great they need to tax the shit out of their citizens so they can have that flex?  

I also wonder if there's a "bang for your buck" stat....does 1B dollars to Alabama help more people than 1B to Washington state?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote