Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(09-09-2023, 09:44 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: LOL Is that serious question?

It was. Pretty sure I know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure before I pointed out how silly your post was.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:30 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: It was. Pretty sure I know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure before I pointed out how silly your post was.

One side has some nuts. The other side is literally nuts. Does that clear it up?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 11:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yes.  I laugh every time I read WaPo's tagline "Democracy dies in darkness".

The left is absolutely as much a threat to our Democracy as Trump.  After Trump won in 2016, "faithless electors" was actually a real hope and a prayer.  Not illegal like what Trump tried to pull with a fake slate, but that's splitting hairs a little bit.  Not to mentjon the whole illegitimate thing from Day 1, along with a largely meritless 3-yr investigation into the grossly fictitious claim Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election.  But that's what "patriotism" means to Democrats.

I don't agree that the Dems are a threat to democracy, but they absolutely are a threat to some of our constitutional rights.  The faithless electors BS was never going to be more than a pathetic stunt and the Russian "collusion" was more politics than anything else.  Where that really had legs is in the media, who tripped over themselves to believe it because Trump berated them on a frequent basis.  Where the Dems are at their most dangerous is in their actual policies.  In many blue areas the rule of law is a distant memory and rather than owning their mistake the Dems keep doubling down.  It's far more destructive to the every day lives of Americans than anything the GOP has done in recent memory.  Especially the poor minority communities that Dems pretend to care about.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't agree that the Dems are a threat to democracy, but they absolutely are a threat to some of our constitutional rights.  The faithless electors BS was never going to be more than a pathetic stunt and the Russian "collusion" was more politics than anything else.  Where that really had legs is in the media, who tripped over themselves to believe it because Trump berated them on a frequent basis.  Where the Dems are at their most dangerous is in their actual policies.  In many blue areas the rule of law is a distant memory and rather than owning their mistake the Dems keep doubling down.  It's far more destructive to the every day lives of Americans than anything the GOP has done in recent memory.  Especially the poor minority communities that Dems pretend to care about.

Like the gov of NM who just temp banned guns under the guise of "public health emergency" and said her oath and the constitution were not set in stone.  I don't understand how politicians who purposefully and willfully violate their oath and/or constitution are not immediately removed.  Looking at you Kathy Hochul.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Like the gov of NM who just temp banned guns under the guise of "public health emergency" and said her oath and the constitution were not set in stone.  I don't understand how politicians who purposefully and willfully violate their oath and/or constitution are not immediately removed.  Looking at you Kathy Hochul.

I honestly hadn't heard about that until after I made that post, but it's as perfect an example as you could ask for.  She should be removed from office immediately for deliberately violating her oath.  It is good to see the Albuquerque DA and Sherriff both flat out refused to enforce her edict, citing it was blatantly unconstitutional. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:53 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: One side has some nuts. The other side is literally nuts. Does that clear it up?

The left both has nuts and is nuts. Unless you're saying the right is nuts and the left isn't? In which case... you're nuts. 

The right is crazy on things like pro-life and... I dunno, I think that's pretty much it. They don't realize that abortions are going to happen, and that being pro-life cost them the Senate and nearly the House. The left is nuts on that subject, in that they don't realize literally nothing changed after Roe v Wade was overturned, they'd vote for Lenin as long as he's pro-choice, among about 1000 other ways they're "nuts". The left has absolutely lost its mind in ways so insanely that it gives me freaking vertigo. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:52 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: The left both has nuts and is nuts. Unless you're saying the right is nuts and the left isn't? In which case... you're nuts. 

The right is crazy on things like pro-life and... I dunno, I think that's pretty much it. They don't realize that abortions are going to happen, and that being pro-life cost them the Senate and nearly the House. The left is nuts on that subject, in that they don't realize literally nothing changed after Roe v Wade was overturned, they'd vote for Lenin as long as he's pro-choice, among about 1000 other ways they're "nuts". The left has absolutely lost its mind in ways so insanely that it gives me freaking vertigo. 

Tell me you're a Qanon follower without actually telling me.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Tell me you're a Qanon follower without actually telling me.  

Wrong again. Did you ask your parents if they had any money left over to pay my mortgage after they fork over your rent check?
Reply/Quote
I hate to tell all you civil war fanboys, but the overwhelming majority of military leadership actually believes in the rule of law and the constitution  and will not sit idle and allow a bunch of yahoos try to take over the government to install trump back in the white house . IF YOU believe that the trumpist faction even stands a chance you need to put the crack pipe down now or be willing to try to fight the full military might of the United States military and it's not JUST the US military you'd have to face. The rest of the western world would probably have something to say as well.. Unfortunately for your fantasies you really can't run down to Billy Bob's gun store and pick up an F35 fighter jet squadron or a brigade of M1A1 Tanks and Bradleys....In short, you're screwed if you try..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 08:52 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: The left both has nuts and is nuts. Unless you're saying the right is nuts and the left isn't? In which case... you're nuts. 

Have you heard the big news? Lenin is dead!  He seems to have died in Russia around 100 years ago.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 12:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure a lot of military folks would like to turn on their employer and oath to install Trump, but thinking about it and doing it are two different things.  Trump doesn't even pay his lawyers, so being sure that people with families to support would willingly renounce their allegiance to the USA in hopes that team Trump will win and then they'll be compensated for switching sides, so to speak, isn't a certainty, either.

I mean, if it's just a left vs right war then yea, a lot of men in the army would be mowing down unarmed women.  I'm sure Jesus will be on his way soon after we do this.

Military leadership wants nothing to do with Trump and the current iteration of the republican party ESPECIALLY the moron Tubberville ..Trump just issued a call to have Mark Miley executed. Why? Because Miley will be called as a witness in the federal case in Florida..
Have at it! Go on a rampage and try to start a civil war and you'll have to fight the full force of the United States military,  the most powerful and advanced military the world has ever seen.. Good luck getting the public behind that. A war for a traitor and convicted felon? Military would be all over that like stink on shit.. 

Reply/Quote
After a skim through of all the posts in this, here is my contribution. Where I live, IL, is/has been taken over by Chicago thugs even though the part where I live is over 300 miles from Chicago. I just reached the age of 65 and am fully aware that even with Medicare A, B, C, D, and whatever confusing supplement that I tack on that an injury, mishap, or illness could send me five figures in debt in a heartbeat. So, in November I take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Paris and northern France. Yes, it is mostly to see all the cathedrals I've read about and do all the obvious touristy things, but I will also be taking a hard look at relocating there. Parts of Normandy could be affordable, at least on paper.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:44 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: After a skim through of all the posts in this, here is my contribution. Where I live, IL, is/has been taken over by Chicago thugs even though the part where I live is over 300 miles from Chicago. I just reached the age of 65 and am fully aware that even with Medicare A, B, C, D, and whatever confusing supplement that I tack on that an injury, mishap, or illness could send me five figures in debt in a heartbeat. So, in November I take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Paris and northern France. Yes, it is mostly to see all the cathedrals I've read about and do all the obvious touristy things, but I will also be taking a hard look at relocating there. Parts of Normandy could be affordable, at least on paper.

You are welcome, you better like rain if you go in Normandy Big Grin 

And cows.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:44 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: After a skim through of all the posts in this, here is my contribution. Where I live, IL, is/has been taken over by Chicago thugs even though the part where I live is over 300 miles from Chicago. I just reached the age of 65 and am fully aware that even with Medicare A, B, C, D, and whatever confusing supplement that I tack on that an injury, mishap, or illness could send me five figures in debt in a heartbeat. So, in November I take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Paris and northern France. Yes, it is mostly to see all the cathedrals I've read about and do all the obvious touristy things, but I will also be taking a hard look at relocating there. Parts of Normandy could be affordable, at least on paper.

You live in a deep blue state that has failed you in both the areas of healthcare and the criminal justice system.  Maybe stop voting for the same people every election and one, or both, of those things could change?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:05 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You live in a deep blue state that has failed you in both the areas of healthcare and the criminal justice system.  Maybe stop voting for the same people every election and one, or both, of those things could change?

Moving makes more sense than voting.  Our ancestors took dangerous long-ass boat rides across the ocean to get away from stuff they didn't like, the least I could do is rent a U Haul and head for the nearest different colored state.  Though I'm sure we'll get to a point where people who move from one state to another will be characterized as dangerous rapists, too.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Moving makes more sense than voting.  Our ancestors took dangerous long-ass boat rides across the ocean to get away from stuff they didn't like, the least I could do is rent a U Haul and head for the nearest different colored state.  Though I'm sure we'll get to a point where people who move from one state to another will be characterized as dangerous rapists, too.

As noted in another thread, I have friends who've moved from CA to a red state.  They are instantly viewed with suspicion.  Hopefully not as rapists, but who knows?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As noted in another thread, I have friends who've moved from CA to a red state.  They are instantly viewed with suspicion.  Hopefully not as rapists, but who knows?

Depending on their social standing and what they look like, they'd probably be more likely to be seen as devious groomers than rapists.  Either way, people are coming to cause sexual damage, they're just more or less direct about it based upon how much money they have and what race they are.

Poor brown people tend to just hold you down and rape you, while more affluent whiter people tend to slowly convince your children to cut off their genitals.  Either way, we need walls between states.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 11:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As noted in another thread, I have friends who've moved from CA to a red state.  They are instantly viewed with suspicion.  Hopefully not as rapists, but who knows?

why is it that conservatives distrust their neighbors so much?  There is only one side of this debate that has talked Civil War and that is conservatives.  All because they are afraid of people who are different racially, religiously, politically, etc.  It is really sad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: All because they are afraid of people who are different racially, religiously, politically, etc.  It is really sad

This is like me saying "All liberals want to do is keep poor people poor by forcing them to depend on entitlement programs"

Neither statement is even remotely true.  

Facebook tier comment.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: why is it that conservatives distrust their neighbors so much?

They don't.  They distrust people from illogically far left areas.  Forgive me for speaking for all of them, since you were tarring all of them with one brush I figured it was appropriate though.

Quote:There is only one side of this debate that has talked Civil War and that is conservatives.

You clearly live in an ideological news bubble then, because I see it from the far left all the time.

Quote:All because they are afraid of people who are different racially, religiously, politically, etc.  It is really sad

Where did you get racial or religious differences from?  It amazes me that you are as prejudiced in your own perceptions as the people you casually castigate, but you literally have no clue you're doing it.
Reply/Quote