Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we the AFC’s only chance of having the AFCG outside of Kansas City?
I’m looking at the other teams and i just have no faith any of them can win enough games. I think we are the AFCs only hope of having home field advantage over Mahommes’s Chiefs.

You guys think another AFC team can win around 13-14 games this year? Bills, Bengals and Ravens are my only teams right now i think even have the roster to compete at that level.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The problem is the AFC West sucks balls, so KC gets at least five wins right there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We play in one of the stronger divisions in the NFL and KC plays in one of the weaker ones. Not much to do about it except hope some AFCW teams get their act together.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:41 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m looking at the other teams and i just have no faith any of them can win enough games. I think we are the AFCs only hope of having home field advantage over Mahommes’s Chiefs.

You guys think another AFC team can win around 13-14 games this year? Bills, Bengals and Ravens are my only teams right now i think even have the roster to compete at that level.

They probably flip it to a neutral site if we won it
Reply/Quote
Have to hope the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos really improve to give the Chiefs a little bit of a problem no question.

The Chargers and the Broncos now with Sean Peyton might. We will see about the Raiders, don't know what they did to improve
this Offseason except losing Carr.
Reply/Quote
What would be everyone's early top 3 teams for the #1 seed?

Looking at the opponents I would guess Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens (wildcard Jaguars). Bills, Jets, Dolphins have a tough schedule. The AFC South Jaguars matchup against the North and NFC South.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 03:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The problem is the AFC West sucks balls, so KC gets at least five wins right there.

I haven't looked yet, but what division does AFCW cross with this season?  If it's the NFCE, I could see the Chiefs taking a couple of unexpected losses, regardless of what they do in their own division.  However, I'm expecting the Chargers to have an answer for the Chiefs this season, and that division should be a contest for a change.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't looked yet, but what division does AFCW cross with this season?  If it's the NFCE, I could see the Chiefs taking a couple of unexpected losses, regardless of what they do in their own division.  However, I'm expecting the Chargers to have an answer for the Chiefs this season, and that division should be a contest for a change.

Well the Chiefs play the Lions in the opener, could be the NFCN they face, haven't seen their most likely cake sched...
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well the Chiefs play the Lions in the opener, could be the NFCN they face, haven't seen their most likely cake sched...

Well sh*t, looks like I'm a Lions fan on opening week.  If they do cross with the NFCN, they should get a few easy wins..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well sh*t, looks like I'm a Lions fan on opening week.  If they do cross with the NFCN, they should get a few easy wins..

Yeah, me too. And yes, that is a cake walk unless the Pack and Bears really surprise. I think the Lions and Vikings will be good.

I actually have been rooting for the Lions the last few years. I like their team and they are due for some good fortune.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to hope the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos really improve to give the Chiefs a little bit of a problem no question.

The Chargers and the Broncos now with Sean Peyton might. We will see about the Raiders, don't know what they did to improve
this Offseason except losing Carr.
Chargers were 2 plays from sweeping KC, they will push them, they are better than steelers and Browns,  the Ravens are the enigma on our division.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chargers were 2 plays from sweeping KC, they will push them, they are better than steelers and Browns,  the Ravens are the enigma on our division.

Yea, I think the Ravens are a bit slept on by our fan base. The last two years, the Ravens were the #1 seed in the AFC prior to Lamar going down. Granted, his health is a question mark, but if he is healthy, there is no reason not to think they will be right up there. 
Reply/Quote
Could another team in the AFC get the #1 seed? Sure. The season is long and unpredictable. We aren't the only chance, we might be the best one though.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chargers were 2 plays from sweeping KC, they will push them, they are better than steelers and Browns,  the Ravens are the enigma on our division.

Agree the Chargers will push the Chiefs. The Ravens with Lamar are better than the Chargers though in my opinion and the stealers
are always competitive and we don't know how the Stains will look this year with Watson and all their talented players and they have 
our number. I would take the AFCW in a heartbeat over having to play the AFCN every year...

(05-12-2023, 11:56 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Yea, I think the Ravens are a bit slept on by our fan base. The last two years, the Ravens were the #1 seed in the AFC prior to Lamar going down. Granted, his health is a question mark, but if he is healthy, there is no reason not to think they will be right up there. 

Nah, not sleeping on the Ravens. They are always tough except the beat down we put on them a couple years back.

They always have a great Defense and run the ball better than about anyone. We just know how to play Lamar now unlike in the
past as long as Hubbard is here. Need to stay disciplined and keep him in the pocket and have him beat us throwing the football.

If Lamar stays healthy, they will be right in it with us for damn sure. They also will be PO'ed in us beating them the last 2 times 
in hard fought games going to the wire. Going to be a blood bath playing these guys this year.

(05-13-2023, 03:36 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Could another team in the AFC get the #1 seed? Sure. The season is long and unpredictable. We aren't the only chance, we might be the best one though.

Not betting against our guys that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't looked yet, but what division does AFCW cross with this season?  If it's the NFCE, I could see the Chiefs taking a couple of unexpected losses, regardless of what they do in their own division.  However, I'm expecting the Chargers to have an answer for the Chiefs this season, and that division should be a contest for a change.

I have no faith in the Chargers until i see Herbert actually earn all that meat riding the media gives him. They are treating him close to Burrow without even an ounce of the success.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Thing about the Ravens is they want to play a 2004 style of offense. Pass just enough to win and play keep away with their D and run game.

Issue is that works against bad and average teams. But if you play a team that can score they have basically no shot. That offense as constricted will never beat the Chiefs, us or the Bills in a playoff game. Them getting those WRs was HUGE. Lamar still has to hit them though
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Being the #1 playoff seed does not guarantee hosting the AFCCG. Still have to win the divisional round. Right now everyone is hyping KC, Bengals, Bills and Ravens. I would say keep an eye on the Jets and Jags as well.
Reply/Quote
Jags have a decent chance, playing 6 games against the AFCS and 4 games against the NFCS. If they don't get at least 8 wins out of those 10, it has to be considered a disappointment.

Colts
Colts
Texans
Texans
Titans
Titans
Falcons
Saints
Bucs
Panthers

Then going 4-3 against the...
Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers
Chiefs
Bills
49ers

Would put them at 12-5. Probably not good enough to get the #1 seed, but if they can squeeze out 1 more win anywhere in their schedule, 13 might do it as the Chiefs should have a bit more competition in their division than last year with Sean Payton probably making Wilson suck less, and the Raiders no longer having to be anchored by Carr.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 04:45 PM)Housh Wrote: Thing about the Ravens is they want to play a 2004 style of offense. Pass just enough to win and play keep away with their D and run game.

Issue is that works against bad and average teams. But if you play a team that can score they have basically no shot. That offense as constricted will never beat the Chiefs, us or the Bills in a playoff game. Them getting those WRs was HUGE. Lamar still has to hit them though

Did you not watch last year's playoff game between the Ravens and Bengals?

At home versus a back-up QB and the Bengals won by 7 points thanks to Hubbard's defensive TD as the Ravens were poised to take the lead.

The Ravens are a threat, and the steelers will still be competitive and annoying. I know the fans want the team to just dominate the division for a decade and see these bullies fade like the Bengals did in the 90's but that's just not likely.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 10:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Did you not watch last year's playoff game between the Ravens and Bengals?

At home versus a back-up QB and the Bengals won by 7 points thanks to Hubbard's defensive TD as the Ravens were poised to take the lead.

The Ravens are a threat, and the steelers will still be competitive and annoying. I know the fans want the team to just dominate the division for a decade and see these bullies fade like the Bengals did in the 90's but that's just not likely.

Healthy we win that game easily.
-Housh
Reply/Quote