Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we underestimating the return of Trae Waynes?
(09-29-2021, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have no doubt guys like Larry O, who signed 1 year deals here, will be given new deals. A lot of players this year wanted 1 year deals because they know numbers will go up next year with the new cap. If this defense ends the season a top 10, expect everyone back.

Interesting stat on Ogun:  He's been double teamed 80 times this season (sounds painful doesn't it  Tongue ).   Aaron Donald @ 81.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 12:51 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: The Bengals have absolutely spent money relative to the league over the past two years. 

I never said they didn't spend money. 

They spent money, but a lot of money came off the books as well. They just reallocated resources. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
At this point it would be good just to estimate him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Waynes has never been a Top 10 CB in the league, so I never expected him to be a game changer.
A "game changer," to me, is someone who forces a lot of turnovers.
Waynes only had 7 INTs and 2 FF across 74 games.
But maybe he'll be able to force more turnovers in Anarumo's scheme vs the one he was playing in MIN.

Those numbers are still better than WJIII. I can't remember, what kind of money did he get?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 04:58 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Those numbers are still better than WJIII. I can't remember, what kind of money did he get?

Fairly certain Logan Wilson has already equaled or passed Jackson in the interception department.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 05:01 PM)jason Wrote: Fairly certain Logan Wilson has already equaled or passed Jackson in the interception department.

I believe you are correct.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 04:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Those numbers are still better than WJIII. I can't remember, what kind of money did he get?

Less than Waynes, actually.
But while Waynes did have more turnovers than WJ3, WJ3 had more PDs in fewer games.
Waynes - 42 PDs across 74 games
WJ3 - 46 PDs across 62 games

Personally, I felt WJ3 was the better CB than Waynes, but that's my opinion.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
InTraeception incoming tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 12:51 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: The Bengals have absolutely spent money relative to the league over the past two years. 

2nd highest % of cap space allocated to defense in the league

Reply/Quote
Not for nothin', but this thread's title should read "the arrival of Trae Waynes". He's never been here to return from anything. If he didn't have long hair, I'd need someone to point him out to me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm interested in how he'll look tonight. He hasn't played a game of football in over a year. Im hoping with Lawrence being pretty erratic this will be a good game for him to get back into the swing of things without being punished too heavily.
Reply/Quote
The answer was no. Awuzie is the best corner on this team, Waynes may not be a bad 2 though.
Reply/Quote
I didn't any bad play by Waynes, outside of that long pass, once he gets some snaps under him, I think he will be fine
Reply/Quote
Thought he played well all things considered. Was his first game In nearly 2 years on a short week. Give the guy some time to get his feet wet.
Reply/Quote