Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you as turned on as I am?
Been a while since I said much of anything. In about a minute, some will wish it were longer.

The game almost satisfied me. The loss was...mitigated. I enjoyed most everything about the fourth quarter of that game except the Ernest Byneresque beginning of the end. I felt like water bottles chucked at Melonhead were offensive only in the sense that they were overpriced. Give them the game, go ahead (obviously they did).

But I bet their asses are already circling Bengal Week in the Soot City next year. Things have changed.

You give this 2015 Cincinnati team an AFC South team, an AFC Wester, they're gonna play some ball. There will be family friendly highlight reels for all to enjoy---good, clean football with mutual respect and...well, no pregame 20-yard No Man's Land, put it that way. Noteworthy in itself, no? Was that not an instant classic? Is there a more valuable NFL rivalry than this one, right now? That's a Mikey win right there, and a good 'un.

Of course, the Bengals organization can't take all the credit. Our head coach wouldn't try to interfere with a kick return, after all. He's not that guy (yet). Two of our assistant coaches aren't currently being discussed for their unsportsmanlike behavior. Take away Shazier's human cannonball crown blast to Gio's grill, and what do you have? Fighting Pissburgh fire with fire. Out-goon the goons. Just figure out how to stick the landing.

Can't recall any of or guys breaking punters' jaws, either. Might be nice to try more crackbacks. Anyway, I'm sure you catch my drift. I'm overstating an obvious truth:

These Bengals are what the Steelers made them. Been coming a long time. They fought their monster, and it was bitter. They will limp to Denver and die there. No LeVeon. No Melonhead, or at least not all of 'im. Antonio Brown askin' if that's someone's phone ringing. All that was Vontaze, too. Keep him. Keep the hell outta him.

Do it, Marvin. Do it, Mikey. Do it dirty. I don't care. You'll be exalted. We glorify that Buddy Ryan sh!+, that Monsters of the Midway savagery. Build on it here and give us the most fearsome, Tarantino scripted bunch of hellraisers that ever scorched the NFL earth. Let's do this. Bring in that Georgia mafia you love, Lewis, with some of those undrafted cleaners. Yeah. Bring in bruisers who'd rip through Sean Payton's checkbook, guys who Rex Ryan would post bail for and make captain. Quit mincing around this....

The Bengals are coming. And hell's coming with them.
Reply/Quote
Yes. I am.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes.  I am.

Cheers
Reply/Quote
I'm making boners like its my job over here. So yeah, you could say I'm turned on.

Reply/Quote
FINALLY this team is built to take the next step...First you have to become the bully...Second let everyone else ***** and fear you on their schedule...Yes, stay classy....Except vs Shitsburgh of course...They don't deserve class...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:01 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm making boners like its my job over here.

Hilarious

I've had a semi since Saturday, dude.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:03 AM)TexasorBusted Wrote: FINALLY this team is built to take the next step...First you have to become the bully...Second let everyone else ***** and fear you on their schedule...Yes, stay classy....Except vs Shitsburgh of course...They don't deserve class...
Definitely.  We have everyone right where we want them.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:57 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: These Bengals are what the Steelers made them.

A loser?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Definitely.  We have everyone right where we want them.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sasquatch is real BTW. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:12 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A loser?

That, too. Sure. All sorts of things.

Saturday was a big step. This time next year, refs could get tasers and mace!
Reply/Quote
This all sounds good but the nfl will do everything within its power to stop the bengals. Any other team it's like carry on, but not burfict and the boys. They already suspended him and will not hesitate to keep him off the field for any small infraction.
Reply/Quote
Count me in as well. 'Soot city' is the perfect for those fûcks. They are now on notice.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:36 AM)Run through the jungle Wrote: This all sounds good but the nfl will do everything within its power to stop the bengals.

Why?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:57 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Been a while since I said much of anything. In about a minute, some will wish it were longer.

The game almost satisfied me. The loss was...mitigated. I enjoyed most everything about the fourth quarter of that game except the Ernest Byneresque beginning of the end. I felt like water bottles chucked at Melonhead were offensive only in the sense that they were overpriced. Give them the game, go ahead (obviously they did).

But I bet their asses are already circling Bengal Week in the Soot City next year. Things have changed.

You give this 2015 Cincinnati team an AFC South team, an AFC Wester, they're gonna play some ball. There will be family friendly highlight reels for all to enjoy---good, clean football with mutual respect and...well, no pregame 20-yard No Man's Land, put it that way. Noteworthy in itself, no? Was that not an instant classic? Is there a more valuable NFL rivalry than this one, right now? That's a Mikey win right there, and a good 'un.

Of course, the Bengals organization can't take all the credit. Our head coach wouldn't try to interfere with a kick return, after all. He's not that guy (yet). Two of our assistant coaches aren't currently being discussed for their unsportsmanlike behavior. Take away Shazier's human cannonball crown blast to Gio's grill, and what do you have? Fighting Pissburgh fire with fire. Out-goon the goons. Just figure out how to stick the landing.

Can't recall any of or guys breaking punters' jaws, either. Might be nice to try more crackbacks. Anyway, I'm sure you catch my drift. I'm overstating an obvious truth:

These Bengals are what the Steelers made them. Been coming a long time. They fought their monster, and it was bitter. They will limp to Denver and die there. No LeVeon. No Melonhead, or at least not all of 'im. Antonio Brown askin' if that's someone's phone ringing. All that was Vontaze, too. Keep him. Keep the hell outta him.

Do it, Marvin. Do it, Mikey. Do it dirty. I don't care. You'll be exalted. We glorify that Buddy Ryan sh!+, that Monsters of the Midway savagery. Build on it here and give us the most fearsome, Tarantino scripted bunch of hellraisers that ever scorched the NFL earth. Let's do this. Bring in that Georgia mafia you love, Lewis, with some of those undrafted cleaners. Yeah. Bring in bruisers who'd rip through Sean Payton's checkbook, guys who Rex Ryan would post bail for and make captain. Quit mincing around this....

The Bengals are coming. And hell's coming with them.

There's strategic dirty play, and then there's how Tez plays dirty. Strategic dirty play might help the cause, but idiotic uncontrolled dirty play (see Tez) is a recipe for disaster.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:03 AM)TexasorBusted Wrote: FINALLY this team is built to take the next step...First you have to become the bully...Second let everyone else ***** and fear you on their schedule...Yes, stay classy....Except vs Shitsburgh of course...They don't deserve class...

This is absurd. This team couldn't beat anybody of consequence down the stretch, starting with the AZ game. They collapsed time after time. What makes you think this team can win a single playoff game, much less 3-4 in a row???? What? What data do you have suggests this is likely? I'll answer for you ... nothing. Zip. Playing dirty (see stupid) is not how you win consistently in the NFL. That's idiotic to even postulate. The Steelers have built a tradition of winning on kicking ass. They have kicked our ass over and over again in our own house when the stakes were at their highest. They do that with solid coaching, and some tremendous talent. 

I honestly think we would have had the #1 or #2 seed with Dalton, but we didn't have him so we'll never know. However, even if we had got a bye, I have zero confidence we would have got past that first game. Why? Because of the lack of poise on display from coaches and players on Saturday night.

Nobody fears the idiotic play. They invite it, because they know they can use it to their advantage. If you doubt that, I suggest you go ask Joey Porter to fill you in.

Enough already. Time to get back to reality.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:20 AM)Utts Wrote: This is absurd. This team couldn't beat anybody of consequence down the stretch, starting with the AZ game. They collapsed time after time. What makes you think this team can win a single playoff game, much less 3-4 in a row???? What? What data do you have suggests this is likely? I'll answer for you ... nothing. Zip. Playing dirty (see stupid) is not how you win consistently in the NFL. That's idiotic to even postulate. The Steelers have built a tradition of winning on kicking ass. They have kicked our ass over and over again in our own house when the stakes were at their highest. They do that with solid coaching, and some tremendous talent. 

I honestly think we would have had the #1 or #2 seed with Dalton, but we didn't have him so we'll never know. However, even if we had got a bye, I have zero confidence we would have got past that first game. Why? Because of the lack of poise on display from coaches and players on Saturday night.

Nobody fears the idiotic play. They invite it, because they know they can use it to their advantage. If you doubt that, I suggest you go ask Joey Porter to fill you in.

Enough already. Time to get back to reality.

If you are talking about Marvin Lewis then I 100% agree with you.

Marvin Lewis's success comes from drafting well, finding talent in the draft and FA, and developing talent. The Bengals are the most talented team in the NFL. The talent disparity between the Bengals and most NFL teams are enough to mask Marvin Lewis's weaknesses on game day coaching. But whenever the Bengals play during primetime (usually vs very talented teams) or during the playoffs (again usually vs a very talented team), coaching comes into the equation. This is why Marvin Lewis's record during primetime games and the playoffs is atrocious. He can't get his team mentally ready, prepared, play intelligent football, play smart football which all leads to playing flat and without passion.

Marvin Lewis lost that game when the team couldn't score in 3 quarters, stupid penalties (Whitworth twice, Burfict and Jones, etc), and Hill not having two hands on the ball. Marvin is the constant in all of the craziness. He should be fired, but Mike Brown will never do that. Marvin Lewis teams have to outplay the deficiencies of their coach. The Bengals are finally getting to that level of play.

What I saw Saturday that was different from other games in the past was a fight. They didn't give up. They play hard. Came back from 15-0 in the 4th quarter. Burfict sacked Big Ben cleanly. Burfict makes the pick to seal the game. I will take the good with the bad every time. If Burfict and Jones are not playing, the Steelers roll on the Bengals.

They didn't want to be bullied anymore. I respect that. In order to beat the bully, you have to become the bully. This team was never going to win a Super Bowl until they FINALLY became the bully.

Congrats Steelers on your Division Round exit...
Reply/Quote
Not like Bernlock his mood status says he's horny. Big men in tights get him off. Apparently. Hilarious
Reply/Quote