Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you freaking kidding me?
Just read this

Quote:The Bengals began OTAs on Tuesday, but several players were limited or sidelined for various reasons.

That included rookie wide receiver Auden Tate, tight end Tyler Kroft, offensive tackle Jake Fisher, safety Shawn Williams and tight end Tyler Eifert.

Eifert was the least surprising of the bunch, being that he’s recovering from multiple surgeries from the 2017 season. That included back surgery and a procedure to remove a cyst from his knee.

The good news is Eifert is expected (yeah, right? Like that's gonna happen.) to be ready for the start of the 2018 season, though it’s unclear when he’ll return to on-field drills during the offseason as he enters a contract year after signing a one-year deal.

Why can't this guy go on the field without hurting himself?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From what I understand Eifert has actually been cleared to practice since February but the Bengals are taking it very easy with him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 07:01 AM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand Eifert has actually been cleared to practice since February but the Bengals are taking it very easy with him.

Hope this is the case. However, with Eifert you just don’t know. Good thing is we can win without him.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 07:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hope this is the case. However, with Eifert you just don’t know. Good thing is we can win without him.

Yeah, but it sure is a lot more likely with him.  

I view Eifert as one of those "Great if he plays, oh well if he doesn't" pieces.  There have been so many injuries, surgeries, etc. that I just can't rely on the guy any longer.  I hope he comes out and has a great season, even if it would likely spell the end of his time here.  Even though he should be financially secure for a long time, to show flashes of absolute brilliance and not be able to sustain it due to injuries has to be difficult.

I am really hoping Kroft and Uzomah show more this season and the Bengals employ more two TE sets.  
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 04:01 AM)Shady Wrote: Just read this

Who says he's hurt?
Quote:sidelined for various reasons.

He's probably just working himself back into shape.....
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who says he's hurt?

Indeed.

As mentioned, he was cleared to practice in the offseason.

Fisher is the bigger worry: he comes off of the heart issue and now has a shoulder ailment.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
They should have paid him 6 million dollars and not a penny more and made him change his name to Captain Steve Austin.. Gentlemen, we had the technology, we had the capability to rebuild him and make him the first bionic man! Instead he went to some sports doctor. Too late! He'll miss the season with an ingrown toenail or something.. Maybe he should change his name to Homer Bailey.. It would be a lot easier to remember. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Talk about jumping the gun, never said he was injured. I'm pretty sure he's sore from not playing for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 04:01 AM)Shady Wrote: Just read this

IDK

Why cant certain fans around here read things without overreacting...
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 07:01 AM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand Eifert has actually been cleared to practice since February but the Bengals are taking it very easy with him.

Yup,

I doubt Eifert sees a lot of snaps in practice.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 10:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: They should have paid him 6 million dollars and not a penny more and made him change his name to Captain Steve Austin.. Gentlemen, we had the technology, we had the capability to rebuild him and make him the first bionic man! Instead he went to some sports doctor. Too late! He'll miss the season with an ingrown toenail or something.. Maybe he should change his name to Homer Bailey.. It would be a lot easier to remember. 

were due for a good old fashioned MRSA outbreak at 1 PBS. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who says he's hurt?

(05-24-2018, 09:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed.

As mentioned, he was cleared to practice in the offseason.

Fisher is the bigger worry: he comes off of the heart issue and now has a shoulder ailment.

I agree with these guys, not going to bash the guy. Dude might just be a little tight and taking it easy.

From all indications he is as healthy as he has ever been. Honestly was surprised he has participated as much as he
has and from what everyone is saying looks better than ever after two back surgeries.

Fisher is the guy i am worried about. Still have hopes with him but a heart issue is a big deal. If he cannot be the
answer i sure hope either Bobby Hart, Rod Taylor or Kent Perkins can play RT. What is nice is we also have good
old versatile in the name of Clint Boling who i think could be a fine RT just in case.
Reply/Quote
Would be a bonus if we could get a full season of solid production out of him. He's capable of changing the way defenses play us, and would open up a lot for our other weapons. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Totally fine with him sitting out until preseason games.

I said before, I'm fine with keeping Eifert around (at a keep around price), but I would use him sparingly. He doesn't need to be in for every down, he doesn't need to be in every camp. If there's a fourth and long play, a goalline play, a big third down play... get him in. Otherwise, wrap him in bubble wrap and keep him on the bench.
Reply/Quote
The point remains, no one believes Eifert will make it out of training camp (well, preseason when he can get hit) healthy. We'll never be at a place where we trust him to withstand the wear and tear of football.

That money should have went to Kroft who given an opportunity can be just as good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: The point remains, no one believes Eifert will make it out of training camp (well, preseason when he can get hit) healthy. We'll never be at a place where we trust him to withstand the wear and tear of football.

That money should have went to Kroft who given an opportunity can be just as good.

Come on man, Kroft is not near the player Eifert is when healthy, not near...

And i like Kroft, just saying...
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: The point remains, no one believes Eifert will make it out of training camp (well, preseason when he can get hit) healthy. We'll never be at a place where we trust him to withstand the wear and tear of football.

(05-24-2018, 12:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on man, Kroft is not near the player Eifert is when healthy, not near...

And i like Kroft, just saying...

Nate's right: Eifert is a truly special player, when he's on the field.

There's a reason why he was a pass-catching TE, drafted in the first, while Kroft was a hybrid/blocking TE, drafted in the 3rd.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Totally fine with him sitting out until preseason games.

I said before, I'm fine with keeping Eifert around (at a keep around price), but I would use him sparingly. He doesn't need to be in for every down, he doesn't need to be in every camp. If there's a fourth and long play, a goalline play, a big third down play... get him in. Otherwise, wrap him in bubble wrap and keep him on the bench.

Exactly Benton !

There's no use in testing to see if Eifert will get hurt again for nothing ! He should even see very limited snaps in preseason games.

Even during the regular season they should use him very smartly. There's no use having him in the game in the fourth qtr. when were up by 3 scores just as an example.
Reply/Quote

its just the first practice relax guys...... 

Or run around like its the end of the world......  But its not it means NOTHING right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 01:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its just the first practice relax guys...... 

Or run around like its the end of the world......  But its not it means NOTHING right now.

I still remember in 2015 when he was wearing that brace and was lowering his shoulder and punishing people.

Hope Eifert gets back to being that guy again or maybe he just needs to put that brace back on, lol
Reply/Quote