Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you freaking kidding me?
(05-29-2018, 12:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: My bad.  I thought it was Kroft.

No, you are right Boonie, it was Kroft.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 01:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: No, you are right Boonie, it was Kroft.

What, do you think Kroft wearing Malone's jersey or something????

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2018, 09:24 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Where did all this come from?

Eifert isn't Reggie Kelly, but he's a more-than competent blocker and has been since 2015; only in his rookie season, did he have struggles.

I usually agree with you Truck, but when he was playing (long ago and far away) I watched as he whiffed on a number of blocks and the ones he did not flat out whiff on he had a lot of problems sustaining for any length of time.

It may have something to do with who he is blocking next to, but I cant recall seeing him make a decent block.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 10:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Crap, my post last night didn't take (damn connection).

Anyways, I wrote a contrarian post last night, saying that Eifert is NOT made of glass, as he never has gotten injured from an actual hit, save for his concussion.

All of his injuries have been from non-contact or training:

- The arm break was him putting excess pressure on it, no hit involved.
- The ankle was non-contact in the PB
- The back was from just a bad back (hereditary, it seems), exacerbated in non-contact drills during OTAs/TC/whatever he did last year

Until he breaks something or hurts something after a hit, I say to take as much punishment as he wants; just don't have him run 5000 of the same drill.

JMO.
Arguing that he can get hurt without even getting hit actually supports my contention that he's made of glass.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 02:43 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Arguing that he can get hurt without even getting hit actually supports my contention that he's made of glass.  Wink

I would argue that nobody playing Tight End in the NFL today is made of glass. It is probably the most brutal position on the field. Why do you think Gronk is hurt all the time.....
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 03:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I would argue that nobody playing Tight End in the NFL today is made of glass. It is probably the most brutal position on the field. Why do you think Gronk is hurt all the time.....

Can’t argue with that. I also think that Gronk would be hurt more often if he had to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice a year, every year. Now I’m curious as to which starting tight end has played the most games the last for five years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 03:17 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Can’t argue with that. I also think that Gronk would be hurt more often if he had to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice a year, every year. Now I’m curious as to which starting tight end has played the most games the last for five years.

Jason Witten has not missed a single game in the last 11 years, and only 2 in the last 14.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 03:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jason Witten missed TWO games in the last FORTEEN years.

I guess he wins

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What, do you think Kroft wearing Malone's jersey or something????

You are correct Sled. 
Reply/Quote
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate that we parted ways with the beast at TE

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cardinals-te-jermaine-gresham-picks-unexpected-bag-fee-stranded-arizona-traveler-011803700.html

Among the biggest mistake we ever made as a franchise was parting ways with him to make room for Mr Glass
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Have I ever mentioned how much I hate that we parted ways with the beast at TE

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cardinals-te-jermaine-gresham-picks-unexpected-bag-fee-stranded-arizona-traveler-011803700.html

Among the biggest mistake we ever made as a franchise was parting ways with him to make room for Mr Glass

Gresham was a good tight end but EVERY time he carried the ball I held my breath as I prayed for him not to fumble it. It seemed like he fumbled a lot. Plus, he seemed to be one of those guys who could actually be dominant when he wanted to. Not saying he took plays off, but, there were times he seemed disinterested. 
Reply/Quote
He did not seem happy here

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 02:37 PM)3wt Wrote: I usually agree with you Truck, but when he was playing (long ago and far away) I watched as he whiffed on a number of blocks and the ones he did not flat out whiff on he had a lot of problems sustaining for any length of time.

It may have something to do with who he is blocking next to, but I cant recall seeing him make a decent block.

Mhm, that's why I said he's, "competent."

Having said that though, I would never have him out there, one on one on even a Chris Smith, let alone a large DE lol

(05-29-2018, 02:43 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Arguing that he can get hurt without even getting hit actually supports my contention that he's made of glass.  Wink

Yeah, I'm playing the semantics game, my apologies Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Have I ever mentioned how much I hate that we parted ways with the beast at TE

I do not miss his false starts.....
Reply/Quote