Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you freaking kidding me?
(05-24-2018, 01:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nate's right: Eifert is a truly special player, when he's on the field.

There's a reason why he was a pass-catching TE, drafted in the first, while Kroft was a hybrid/blocking TE, drafted in the 3rd.

Best route running TE in the NFL when healthy.

Runs precision routes like a WR. Eifert does.

Kroft is a very solid #2 TE, i just don't think he could ever become "just as good" as Eifert when healthy.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: The point remains, no one believes Eifert will make it out of training camp (well, preseason when he can get hit) healthy. We'll never be at a place where we trust him to withstand the wear and tear of football.

That money should have went to Kroft who given an opportunity can be just as good.

No one????
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still remember in 2015 when he was wearing that brace and was lowering his shoulder and punishing people.

Hope Eifert gets back to being that guy again or maybe he just needs to put that brace back on, lol

well I don't think his elbow is an issue its been his back... that was when he just got back from getting his elbow destroyed in the opening minutes of the ravens game in 2014 right?
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Best route running TE in the NFL when healthy.

Kroft is a very solid #2 TE, i just don't think he could ever become "just as good" as Eifert when healthy.

How long is your leash on having Eifert here though ?

If he has another injury plagued season in 2018 ?

I am leaning towards Drafting say either a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder in the 2019 Draft to add to Kroft should Eifert continue to be unreliable health wise. Most likely 2nd or 3rd round.

TWO healthy tight ends that are at least as good as Kroft may be better than Kroft plus an oft injured Eifert for 2019 and beyond.

I am willing, however, to give Eifert 2018 to regain his health and form.

After that, I am losing some patience and may simply be happy with TWO healthy Kroft caliber tight ends for 2019 (without Eifert) since Dalton thrives when having tight ends producing. Hopefully the rookie we would get would even be a little better than Kroft though not an Eifert.

Continually retaining Eifert may prevent this from happening...
Reply/Quote
Just finished a dynasty league draft and I drafted Gronk and Eifert.

My friend asked why I'd draft Eifert as well.  I noted that between the two, I should be able to piece together a full season.

Yes

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well I don't think his elbow is an issue its been his back... that was when he just got back from getting his elbow destroyed in the opening minutes of the ravens game in 2014 right?

True, he has had all sorts of injuries, but a few have been freak accidents like the elbow and when Mike Mitchell
was head hunting him and he got that concussion. I believe that was the game too, against the Ravens, nasty.

(05-24-2018, 02:40 PM)depthchart Wrote: How long is your leash on having Eifert here though ?

I am leaning towards Drafting say either a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder in the 2019 Draft to add to Kroft should Eifert continue to be unreliable health wise. Most likely 2nd or 3rd round.

TWO healthy tight ends that are at least as good as Kroft may be better than Kroft plus an oft injured Eifert for 2019 and beyond.

After that, I am losing some patience and may simply be happy with TWO healthy Kroft caliber tight ends for 2019 (without Eifert) since Dalton thrives when having tight ends producing. Hopefully the rookie we would get would even be a little better than Kroft though not an Eifert.

My patience is wearing thin myself with Eifert, just happy we gave him one more year to see if he can finally put
together a healthy season. If he can and the back is not a problem he is one of the best but even then anyone
would have to take his prior injury history into account when thinking about another contract.

I would be for Drafting a TE early even if Eifert has a great season and we extend him, i think we did enough with
the O-line hopefully that we don't need to Draft one of them. These big, pass catching TE's can be big time weapons
that are hard for any Defense to cover.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 02:40 PM)depthchart Wrote: How long is your leash on having Eifert here though ?

I'm pretty sure the fact he only got a 1 year deal laden with performance incentives...  tell us he is on a short least  with a choker chain
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 02:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No one????

No one will put money on it I'd bet.... Which says all that needs to be said.

I think Kroft is underrated. He just was never used like Eifert. But if he was, I'm thinking he'd be just as good. That's my honest opinion. No shot at Eifert. We know Kroft can match his TD's given a good OC for a full season. Only question seems if he can be a threat between the 20's. But he's never been used like that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
I jumped the gun on this one. I rethink I read too much into the piece. Ooops.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 04:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one will put money on it I'd bet.... Which says all that needs to be said.

I think Kroft is underrated. He just was never used like Eifert. But if he was, I'm thinking he'd be just as good. That's my honest opinion. No shot at Eifert. We know Kroft can match his TD's given a good OC for a full season. Only question seems if he can be a threat between the 20's. But he's never been used like that.

I agree that Kroft is underrated.   He's a good tight end.  And Eifert blocks like trash.

But when he's healthy he's a totally amazing pass catching TE.

I do think they need to expand Kroft's role.   I think he's up to it.  He really improved last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 04:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one will put money on it I'd bet.... Which says all that needs to be said.

Problem last year was they probly had to keep him in as an extra blocker.

Kroft should get some more opportunities this year.  he should have a bigger role especially with eifert missing so much time.

But sometimes its hard to take one of these other guys off the field to put 2 TEs on it.
Reply/Quote
Probably get poison ivy and miss 15.8 games..  Just trying to be positive.. That .2 game could be important.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think of Eifert as fine China that you bring out on special occasions and not for everyday use. I expect, like fine China, that one of the guest or children will drop and break. I get upset about it but then I remember that fine China is fragile.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Best route running TE in the NFL when healthy.

This 

Agree with Nate I do.

(05-24-2018, 04:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think Kroft is underrated.

I don't thnk he will ever be as good as Eifert but Kroft is not some late-round scrub, or just a "blocking" TE. He is a long, athletic TE who could contribute a lot to our offense. I don't trust "pro day" numbers as much as combine numbers, but after not being able to run at the combine Kroft put up numbers at his pro day workout that would have ranked top six among the 18 TEs at the combine in six different events.

Short Shuttle... 4.20 (1st)
3-cone drill...... 7.12 (2nd)
Long Jump...... 10' (2nd)
Long Shuttle... 11.78 (2nd) (not sure how many even run this anymore)
Forty dash...... 4.67 (3rd)
Vertical.......... 34" (6th)

It seems silly to talk about workout numbers after a player has been in the league for 3 years, but Kroft has never been used in a way to maximize his potential as a receiver.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 07:01 AM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand Eifert has actually been cleared to practice since February but the Bengals are taking it very easy with him.

Since betting on sports is legal now; Who's in for a "How many Quarters will Eifert last?" Prop bet/pool.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 04:57 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree that Kroft is underrated.   He's a good tight end.  And Eifert blocks like trash.

But when he's healthy he's a totally amazing pass catching TE.

I do think they need to expand Kroft's role.   I think he's up to it.  He really improved last year.

While nothing jumps out about Kroft that screams "Superstar", he's far from a mediocre athlete.  What I like best about him, is you don't get a lot of mistakes from him, just positive plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While nothing jumps out about Kroft that screams "Superstar", he's far from a mediocre athlete.  What I like best about him, is you don't get a lot of mistakes from him, just positive plays.

Agreed.  He was money last season in the midst of some tough games.   I think he'll continue to improve.  And his ability to block should help us to be tougher in the run game and more unpredictable.

I know the constant substitutions are a necessary part of the game, getting matchups you want.  But I love a team that can do more with fewer substitutions, keeping defenses off balance and wearing them down.   The more versatile players like Kroft you have, the more you can be unpredictable with the same personnel on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 08:16 PM)3wt Wrote: Agreed.  He was money last season in the midst of some tough games.   I think he'll continue to improve.  And his ability to block should help us to be tougher in the run game and more unpredictable.

I know the constant substitutions are a necessary part of the game, getting matchups you want.  But I love a team that can do more with fewer substitutions, keeping defenses off balance and wearing them down.   The more versatile players like Kroft you have, the more you can be unpredictable with the same personnel on the field.

Paired with a healthy Eifert, Kroft makes the perfect 2nd in some 2 TE sets.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Paired with a healthy Eifert, Kroft makes the perfect 2nd in some 2 TE sets.

And hopefully Pollack can get hold of Eifert with some blocking techniques.  If he can get Eifert able to block...
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 08:28 PM)3wt Wrote: And hopefully Pollack can get hold of Eifert with some blocking techniques.  If he can get Eifert able to block...

Do we really want to subject our often injured, yet highly gifted TD machine to extra physical abuse?  Kroft and Hewitt are both very good blockers, Kroft is athletically a cut above most guys his size.  Why not go with what works, rather than attempt to pound a round peg into a square hole?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote