Poll: Preferred playing the rams or 49ers?
Preferred playing the Rams
Preferred playing the 49ers
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you glad our opponent are the Rams and not the 49ers?
I wanted San Fran for the redemption aspect. I was in fifth grade when they broke our hearts in that 1988 season. That season is what made me a lifelong Bengals fan and to see it all “come full circle” so to speak would have been something!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:13 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yep and a team with a few less offensive weapons.

Less offensive weapons? Kittle Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel are prob the 2nd best offensive trio in the league
Reply/Quote
Strange shit always happens against SF , who has pretty much dominated the Rams the last two seasons. Had they not dropped an interception in the NFC title game, they would have had seven straight victories against the Rams. They beat the Rams in LA, they destroyed the Rams in SF.  Results this season say the Niners are better than the Rams. Plus, the Niners' fans would have been the more vocal contingent at the Superbowl venue.

Give me the damn SMAR  !
Reply/Quote
Ive always thought the Rams were a terrible matchup for us. Not sure why anyone would fear the Niners more?

Garappolo? Not even close to Stafford.

With 2 weeks our DC could do a heck of game plan for Deebo.

Plus we had them beat this season.... if Philips didnt give them the ball twice.... and we are playing much better now as a unit.

We have a tremendous task this Sunday. The Rams expose our worst weakness at the highest level - oline, threaten our questionable mid to deep pass defense and their rush most likely negates our potent down field passing opportunities (which we havent seen in awhile anyway, kind of like our run game)

I'd prefer the Cowboys, Niners, Packers, Bucs and then the Rams in that order. Of course I could be experiencing anxious fear with all the Rams material I've been watching and reading too.....
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:21 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: We never played against Young in the NFL Championship.  Mellow

Really? I thought he did..See what time and brain cells do to you? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't/didn't care who they play. Having Burrow erases the doubt. 

That said, i'm so over the "bad matchup" because it's stated every single time the Bengals play someone.

Broken record.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:13 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yep and a team with a few less offensive weapons.

Yea, but Kittle and deebo can hold their own. It really comes down to qb play
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Really? I thought he did..See what time and brain cells do to you? 

Young was 93/94. Bengals were drafting David klingler and deep into the abyss at that point.
Reply/Quote
I preferred the 49ers. Wanted to right history against them, and I would've been pretty confident with Burrow facing an injured Jimmy G.

The Rams have the scarier roster. Great d-line against our terrible o-line.

That said, I don't think the Rams are quite as great as some are painting them. I think it's a very winnable game. I was more scared of the Chiefs in Arrowhead, tbh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think we're gonna win either way. 49ers would've been tough -- their defense is very good and that defensive line is scary. But I think we would've overcome that like we did with the Titans and could have gotten a bit of revenge on them for those past losses.

People are acting like the Rams are some unstoppable juggernaut. Last I looked they had 5 losses. We have to play well just like we have in all the games we've won. It will happen.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:27 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I think we're gonna win either way. 49ers would've been tough -- their defense is very good and that defensive line is scary. But I think we would've overcome that like we did with the Titans and could have gotten a bit of revenge on them for those past losses.

People are acting like the Rams are some unstoppable juggernaut. Last I looked they had 5 losses. We have to play well just like we have in all the games we've won. It will happen.

And very well could have had a couple more, including one to the Ravens in week 18.  The Chiefs would handily beat this Rams' team in KC.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Really? I thought he did..See what time and brain cells do to you? 

Yes, both times we got beat by that damned Joe cool. Rant  No, wait Joe nevermind  Mellow  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The 49ers would have been an objectively easier match up.

Worse cornerbacks, worse pass rush,

Really? Outside of Jalen Ramsey do they really have anything to fear at corner? Also the 49ers defensive line had Nick Bosa who had more sacks than anyone on the LA Rams. The 49ers allowed fewer points than the Rams as well (though not by a lot -- 7 point difference). 

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ive always thought the Rams were a terrible matchup for us. Not sure why anyone would fear the Niners more?

Garappolo?  Not even close to Stafford.

With 2 weeks our DC could do a heck of game plan for Deebo.

Plus we had them beat this season.... if Philips didnt give them the ball twice.... and we are playing much better now as a unit.

We have a tremendous task this Sunday.  The Rams expose our worst weakness at the highest level - oline, threaten our questionable mid to deep pass defense and their rush most likely negates our potent down field passing opportunities (which we havent seen in awhile anyway, kind of like our run game)

I'd prefer the Cowboys, Niners, Packers, Bucs and then the Rams in that order.  Of course I could be experiencing anxious fear with all the Rams material I've been watching and reading too.....

You forgot the Cardinals and Eagles. I assume you mean you would not have preferred them at all.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:31 PM)Science Friction Wrote: And very well could have had a couple more, including one to the Ravens in week 18.  The Chiefs would handily beat this Rams' team in KC.

Yes, they could have, but this game is in LA.  Ninja

[Image: Kansas-City-Chiefs-vs-Los-Angeles-Rams.j...&auto=webp]
Reply/Quote
I don't think the fact that the game will be in LA is going to matter much. KC is a big home field advantage for the Chiefs. Not so with SOFI for LA. Plus, Bengals seem to play better on the road.
Reply/Quote
Bengals probably win because it IS the Rams. Might have had to lose to SF.

It's facinating that the super bowls were SF vs Bengals.
Considering the AAFC history with SF and Ohio/Browns. Also that the Rams originated in Cleveland.

Why did Paul Brown leave Browns? Was he actually fired even though he had part ownership?
Reply/Quote
I remember when it was Kosar vs Elway, and Montana vs Everett,in the conference final.
I was hoping for Rams vs Browns.
But of course Elway vs Montana is a bigger draw.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:55 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Really? Outside of Jalen Ramsey do they really have anything to fear at corner? Also the 49ers defensive line had Nick Bosa who had more sacks than anyone on the LA Rams. The 49ers allowed fewer points than the Rams as well (though not by a lot -- 7 point difference). 
Yes, really. Nick Bosa is scary, but you can scheme for one player like the Bengals did with the LAV player Crosby.

The Rams have the best defensive player in the NFL in Donald and they also have a resurgent Miller along with good pass rushers in Gaines and Floyd as well.

And, while the Rams are pretty thin in the secondary behind Ramsey, the niners don't have a Ramsey and are about as unremarkable as the rest of the Rams secondary.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:14 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I hate the 49ers and could not bear another loss to those clowns.

Prefer the Rams as I thought the 49ers were the better team. Wanted to play the 49ers cause I figured Burrow would have them
figured out early cause we played them before and also wanted to beat the 49ers in the SB after the last 2 losses. Kind of split.

The Rams have a better DL overall with Donald on it so that is a reason I guess I would of also liked the 49ers.

Still, that DB dropped the ball that could of put the 49ers here so it is the Rams and I think we can beat them as I think we 
would of beat the 49ers who I think are the better team. Who is here is who is here though, have to beat the Rams who are 
pretty damn equal but with a much better Offense. The big deal is Kittle, the Rams don't have a Kittle with Higbee hurt.
Reply/Quote