Poll: Are you happy being a Bengals fan?
This poll is closed.
Yes
45.45%
25 45.45%
No
54.55%
30 54.55%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are you happy being a Bengals fan?
(03-11-2017, 04:48 PM)jason Wrote: It is a straight forward question. I'm just not sure how to answer. Do I harbor some anger or resentment toward the organization? Not particularly. Would I like to see them operate a little differently? I suppose I would. Is there anything I can do about it? Nope.

On game days, I'll yell at the TV. I'll cuss, laugh, and shake my head. When they win, it's cool for about 10 minutes. If they lose, I'm disappointed for about the same amount of time. Then I go do something else, and that's that.

I guess what I'm saying is... I care about the team. I want to like the players. I want to see them succeed... But at the end of the day; they have no real power over my state of mind or whatever. I certainly don't get worked up about the day to day goings on of the organization. Unless they pay your bills, it's only entertainment people. In summation... It's ok to be happy about being a Bengals fan. It should never make you sad or angry.
I see I'm beginning to rub off on people with my attitude towards the whole thing. lol
It's a game and our individual lives don't rise or fall with how the team operates. 
If they lose every single game my life stays unchanged. If they win every single game my life stays unchanged. I'll be 58 when next season rolls around and win, lose or draw I'll still be 58 when the season ends. If there was another team I'd be happier being a fan of I'd be a fan of that team. There isn't so i won't. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:16 PM)J24 Wrote: It's a distraction from real life problems and I know people now that I would not have known without the Bengals so yes I am happy that the Bengals are in my life. Do I wish they could be better yes, do I think they have had a terrible offseason yes, and am I also disappointed in them yes.

This is almost verbatim what I was going to post.  Couldn't agree more.

Do the Bengals frustrate me, sometimes beyond measure?  Um..hell yes.  But I try my best to keep it in perspective.  When I am out on a cold Sunday morning in Lot D, throwing back a few cold ones with by buddies as kickoff nears, wearing Bengals gear and screaming Who-Dey even though our team may suck, I am happy.  At the end of the day it is entertainment, And I am happy to be a die-hard supporter of  my city's team.  
Reply/Quote
Am I happy being a Bengal fan? Yes, I couldn't see myself ever switching allegiances to any other team. Am I happy with how the organization is run? Hell no!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Am I happy being a Bengal fan?  Yes, I couldn't see myself ever switching allegiances to any other team.  Am I happy with how the organization is run?  Hell no!

Believe this says it all. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:47 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: Okay sorry but this is a long one! How in the hell can anyone be happy this is a team going in the wrong direction.

1) You draft Zeitler in the 1st round knowing you don't value guards and I don't know why you don't value guards when they can give up just as many sacks as an OT and to me there more important in the run game.

2) They had all their tags to keep these guys from FA and didn't use any of them if you're not going to use them then try to extend are good to great players a year before their contact is up

3) This is the 3rd or 4th time M Lewis has rebuilt the team we want new coaches!
Paul Alexander can't get it done anymore he thinks Bodine is a good center when he is ranked as one of the worst centers in the NFL for years now.
Lewis can't coach worth a dam in big games and can't get his players up for these games also he never makes in game or halftime adjustments.

4) Quit paying big money for players that aren't that good like R Mauluga one of the worst MLB in the NFL! Peko has been grossly over paid for his talent !

5) I was just going through the roster so I wouldn't misspell anyone's name and I noticed something I don't know the majority of them or haven't seen them on the field check this out

B. Albright
B. Benwikere
A. Billings haven't seen him play
C. Brown (WR)
C. Brown (CB)
J. Brown (K)
R. Brown (DE)
T. Carson
W. Clarke rarely seen him
P. Dawson
D. Dean
J. Driskel
C. Fejedelem
M. Flowers
M. Hardison
T. Hopkins
W. Jackson haven't seen him play
T. Johnson
J. Kumerow
T. McRae
C. Ogbuehi wish I wouldn't have seen him play
A. Redmond
A. Russell
C. Westerman
D. Williams

Is it just me or anyone else wondering where all our talent went!

I could go on but this is getting to be a book!!! Sorry again!!!
Way the hell too many Browns. Some wear helmets; others' business attire. All together too many LMAO browns.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Am I happy being a Bengal fan?  Yes, I couldn't see myself ever switching allegiances to any other team.  Am I happy with how the organization is run?  Hell no!

My interpretation is that you are HAPPY that you have a team to call yours. But, you can't seriously be happy with the way this franchise is run. At least it is that way for me.
Reply/Quote
Aside from 2005, I've never truly been "happy" to be a fan of this team. I know my life would be so much happier and less stressful if I wasn't a fan. But, alas...

I'm in it for the long haul
Reply/Quote
YES.

I'm extremely happy even though I'm a Bengals fan.

I would never let another man's accomplishments or failures ave any meaningful impact on my own personal happiness.
Reply/Quote
Yes.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy until the playoffs start usually. Yes
Reply/Quote
I think the question should be reworded because I know he ment to say are you happy with the way the Bengals are ran?

Which would probably be over 90% would say no!

But the way it's worded a lot of people would say yes because we're happy to even have a hometown team to root for hang out with the family and friends having things to talk about at work and etc etc etc!
Reply/Quote
No, who would be happy about our little to no success?
Reply/Quote
I love having a home-town team that I can enjoy. Would I like a Super Bowl ring? Hell yes. But going to games and being a passionate fan is one of the things I enjoy about life. Who Dey forever.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I'm happy to be a Bengals' fan and it is a family tradition similar to what others have said in this thread.

Sometimes, though I wish I didn't care so much.
Reply/Quote
I'm a Reds and Bengals fan since I live in Cincinnati. Happy to be a fan. Not always happy with the results.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm not happy right now that's for sure. Yet I do love the Bengals. Almost like living in an abusive marriage where the wife does nothing but curse at you and put you down and say everything is your fault. Then at the end of the day, gives you a little lovin so you have enough strength to put up with that bullshit another day.

Reply/Quote
Absolutely. No matter what, I will always love my Bengals. I'm not happy with them at the moment and I feel there should be some major changes, but I'll still be there Week 1 rooting them on. It gets frustrating and there are times it flat out sucks, but they're my team.

I can't stand the Brown family, Hobson, Alexander the Great, and plenty of others. I hate that we have the worst owner and GM in professional sports. It irritates me that we continue the cheap and shitty Brown way even though it has yielded no real success in almost 30 years.

At the end of the day, still a Bengals fan. I still can't wait for the season. Just because they disappoint me or I don't agree with what they're doing doesn't mean I love or support them less.
Reply/Quote
No. I will root for the Bengals until the day I die, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with what the product this franchise gives us year in and year out. It's not easy being a Bengals fan. We're the butt of the joke more often than not, and get absolutely no attention nationally unless it's for being playoff chokers or criminals. I've watched hockey teams I root for win multiple championships, and I remember watching the Reds win it all when I was a kid. I want to know what that feels like for my football team. Hell, I want to actually go into a January football game with even a glimmer of hope that we will win.

Reply/Quote
NO - Team is not trying to win a championship and the results show it. Merely getting by is all the ownership seems to expect out of itself.

Reply/Quote
Hah, I said yes, an I find it how many people replied NO.

I have lots of fun being a Bengals fan, I like the idea that success will never be handed to us. It will make the wait all worth it once we finally get there.

Teams have ups and downs. I enjoy being part of the Cincinnati Bengals community and representing our sorrow around town.
Reply/Quote