Poll: Are you happy with the John Ross pick?
This poll is closed.
Yes
47.87%
90 47.87%
No
32.45%
61 32.45%
Indifferent
19.68%
37 19.68%
Total 188 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll
(11-01-2020, 01:23 PM)TheBengals Wrote: I voted no just now, so.

lol. So did i. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Hated the pick and caught hell on here for saying so. At the time I pounding the table for OJ Howard and Hooker.
(11-01-2020, 02:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hated the pick and caught hell on here for saying so. At the time I pounding the table for OJ Howard and Hooker.

I remember hoping we would land Howard.
(04-28-2017, 12:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you think Ross is a 1 trick pony, I would suggest watching him play in any game this year.

He does it all. Long routes, short routes, tricky routes, run plays, quick slants, outs, curls.

He's not a speed freak. He's a great receiver who just so happens to be record breakingly fast.

lol Sarcasm
(11-01-2020, 02:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I remember hoping we would land Howard.

Howard's been all but wasted in Tampa too. He had that good stretch with Fitzpatrick throwing to him, but that's it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-01-2020, 02:31 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: lol Sarcasm

Shrug, nothing I said was incorrect. It just so happens his motivation to play is 0 haha. 
It is funny reading back over this thread. I forgot how many people were defending Ross against those of us calling it a bust instantly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(04-28-2017, 02:39 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I voted no simply because so many other top players were sitting there and to then reach for the #3 WR with a fairly long injury history was not the sure impact player I was looking for from the #9 pick. Seems like a lot of hope and prayer in this pick.

Hopefully we'll see the team come back in day two and get some defensive talent.

I didn't dredge up this thread, but now that someone did I looked back to see what I thought at the time.

(11-01-2020, 06:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It is funny reading back over this thread. I forgot how many people were defending Ross against those of us calling it a bust instantly.

Oh who cares??? I never liked nor wanted Ross either, but this is all hindsight, and we very well could've been wrong... Just like both you and I have been.

We beat the ***** Titans today though!!!

Who Dey?!?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-01-2020, 06:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Shrug, nothing I said was incorrect. It just so happens his motivation to play is 0 haha. 

Everything you said is 100% wrong

Just laugh at yourself for being a moron and wrong (Happens to everyone)

Don’t get so defensive
(11-01-2020, 07:15 PM)jason Wrote: Oh who cares??? I never liked nor wanted Ross either, but this is all hindsight, and we very well could've been wrong... Just like both you and I have been.

Who Dey?!?

Seriously. Isn’t digging up old threads for I told you so purposes frowned upon anyway?

(11-01-2020, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. Isn’t digging up old threads for I told you so purposes frowned upon anyway?

I feel like it should be celebrated.

What. Everyone’s supposed to not check people hilarious takes?

Accountability!!!
(11-01-2020, 07:15 PM)jason Wrote: Oh who cares??? I never liked nor wanted Ross either, but this is all hindsight, and we very well could've been wrong... Just like both you and I have been.

Who Dey?!?

Indeed we did and it was a complete game. Haven't seen that in awhile.

I have no idea who originally dug the thread back from the grave, I just laughed at the comments being made because what it really shows is how little any of us know and how people literally attack other posters for having a different opinion on a player.

Hell, who would have guessed that the back-up O-line would allow 0 sacks. I was expecting it to be a day of a lot of hits on Joe and they stepped it up. 

This thread will probably be locked soon by the mods.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(11-01-2020, 07:27 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: I feel like it should be celebrated.

What. Everyone’s supposed to not check people hilarious takes?

Accountability!!!

There's not a single poster on here that hasn't been wrong about a player. And typically a guy like you never has "a take" so they don't have to risk anything. There's a word for it.
(11-01-2020, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. Isn’t digging up old threads for I told you so purposes frowned upon anyway?

Some people need their epeen stroked.