Poll: Have you lost your Fandom?
Yes
No
Getting There
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you losing your Fandom?
No I'm not losing it at all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I believe the hard times will only make the eventual success worth it even more. Imagine how Cubs fans felt after they finally won the World Series, waiting an entire century for it to happen.

When we are successful, there will be band wagoners and we’ll be able to laugh at them and question where they were back when we were total shit. I hold high value in loyalty which is why I’ll be here through thick and thin.

I will say, the good years I’ll watch every game. In the bad years, when a guy like Finley is starting, I’ll watch on my phone while doing something else.

The sad part is some Cubs fans spent their entire lives never seeing a World Series title. I sure hope that doesn't happen to us with the Bengals and a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
I'd say my fandom is on temporary hold until this trend of injecting woke politics into everything dies down. Entertainment somehow becomes less entertaining when one-sided political views are shoehorned in.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks about this. This is my reason for not watching.

The product on the field doesn't affect my fandom much. I went through the 90's and I've never witnessed a playoff win since I really started following the Bengals in 1993. I know going in that it's an inept franchise that is extremely slow to make changes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I gave up on the NFL outside of the Bengals a couple of decades ago. I've watched MAYBE 10 MNF, SNF and TNF football games that didn't involve the Bengals in the last 22 years. I then decided that I will never let the performance of 53 individuals that don't even know I exist affect my day again.

During the game, I scream, holler and complain just as much as I always did . . . but now, within 15 minutes after the game, win or lose, I don't care. Quite liberating.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 02:44 PM)Mer Wrote: The sad part is some Cubs fans spent their entire lives never seeing a World Series title. I sure hope that doesn't happen to us with the Bengals and a Super Bowl.

If that happens to us, I just hope that my children and grandchildren would enjoy it in my honor.
Reply/Quote
I lost my huge enthusiasm when I got rid of my 4 season tickets. I now root for them, watch them, but expect them to lose and also watch the DTV ticket screen that shows 4 or 8 games on my big screen at the same time.

It gives me a chance to see many other games at same time and be able to see how other team's QB's and position groups play each week. I like to think I am no longer 1 dimensional since I watch all or portions of every game every week.

So, I enjoy football in spite of the Bengals, they never ruin my day or week anymore, frankly if they lose, I don't care and had already assumed they would so no big deal.

I said yes to the survey because it was best option for me. I may always be a fan, but not a die hard fan as I was for a very long time. I am enjoying watching and rooting for the Browns in 2020. They are entertaining and have a great young nucleus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 04:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I lost my huge enthusiasm when I got rid of my 4 season tickets. I now root for them, watch them, but expect them to lose and also watch the DTV ticket screen that shows 4 or 8 games on my big screen at the same time.

It gives me a chance to see many other games at same time and be able to see how other team's QB's and position groups play each week. I like to think I am no longer 1 dimensional since I watch all or portions of every game every week.

So, I enjoy football in spite of the Bengals, they never ruin my day or week anymore, frankly if they lose, I don't care and had already assumed they would so no big deal.

I said yes to the survey because it was best option for me. I may always be a fan, but not a die hard fan as I was for a very long time. I am enjoying watching and rooting for the Browns in 2020. They are entertaining and have a great young nucleus.

What!? The Browns!? 

Well, at least 1 Ohio team is having success. 
Reply/Quote
Nope. Still on the bandwagon from 1981. Wish this thing had wheels, though....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It’s still not the 90s yet. We never had a chance at winning the vast majority of games played. We are in most of the games we lose. There is a difference.

I’m still a fan. I still listen, I still watch. I will always be a fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 04:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I lost my huge enthusiasm when I got rid of my 4 season tickets. I now root for them, watch them, but expect them to lose and also watch the DTV ticket screen that shows 4 or 8 games on my big screen at the same time.

[Image: HarmlessQuerulousGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif]

Reply/Quote
This Thread =

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I was a Bengals fan well before the current situation took over. And I'm going to stay a Bengals fan. I'm just not sure how much longer I can endure things as they are ?
Reply/Quote
Nope. I think any realistic fan knew that the season would be 4-6 wins.

I had a few things I wanted to see:

1. Burrow looking like a veteran QB by the end of the year - check
2. Jonah being a serviceable to good LT - I think he's shown he's serviceable
3. At least one of these linebackers being a keeper

I think so far we are on pace for my expectations.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If January 9th 2016 didn’t break me, nothing will.
WhoDey2 It almost broke me. Took a good while to get over that. This past offseason and drafting JoeB has got me back in the saddle. TBS, ZT and staff has got my "panties" in the proverbial twist...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Absolutely.

I was excited for this season dor the first time since 2015. That is gone. As is my desire to waste 4 hours watching a train wreck every Sunday.

I mean, I'll always be a Bengal fan, but I am close to out this year.
Reply/Quote
Lots of liars in this forum lol. without burrow this team is pure absolute worst in the NFL by far.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Consider this

Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip
That brought me to my knees
Failed

I wish it was just a dream...

Reply/Quote

You root for the Browns during that Thursday game Luvnuts?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 06:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lots of liars in this forum lol. without burrow this team is pure absolute worst in the NFL by far.

Watch the Jets sometime, and read up on their last decade of existence... It's not even close.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 06:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lots of liars in this forum lol. without burrow this team is pure absolute worst in the NFL by far.

You obviously haven’t watched the Jets this year...

Reply/Quote