Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Argue and scream and ***** all you want
Refs, stealers, penalties, fumbles....

None of it matters.

This franchise is cursed. I have never been more convinced of anything in my life.

This franchise is truly cursed. I don't know if I can out-live the curse and I'm quite sure I'm not going to try.

I want to throw up but I can't. I want to think about something else but I can't.

I'm the butt of a cruel joke and so are all of you.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah

Reply/Quote
[Image: cursed_zpsijxcuk59.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Refs, stealers, penalties, fumbles....

None of it matters.

This franchise is cursed. I have never been more convinced of anything in my life.

This franchise is truly cursed. I don't know if I can out-live the curse and I'm quite sure I'm not going to try.

I want to throw up but I can't. I want to think about something else but I can't.

I don't believe in curses.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't believe in curses.  

Then believe in an incredible streak of bad luck that never goes away.

Call it whatever you want.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Refs, stealers, penalties, fumbles....

None of it matters.

Or the NFL is fixed. - I think that's more likely
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:47 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Or the NFL is fixed. - I think that's more likely

I agree to some extent.

But even despite the horrible calls the whole thing still came down to an inexplicable fumble when the game was all but over.

Reply/Quote
FRANCHISE CURS3D OR NOT HOPEFULLY THE STEEKLERS NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME.
Reply/Quote
The funny part is my neighbors (who are browns fans or "no" team's fans) are surprised I blamed part of the loss on the reffing.

There were so many non football plays that affected the game. It was damn refball, not football.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:46 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Then believe in an incredible streak of bad luck that never goes away.

Call it whatever you want.

I see it as some of this team's problems rearing its head at the worst possible time. Hill's ball security, Burfict's mental lapses... this is not a coincidence.

We can only hope going forward many of our problems will be fixed somehow. At least this team overall seems to be steadily improving in recent years.
Reply/Quote
You can lose because of injuries.

You can lose because of referees.

You can lose because of stupid play calls.

You can lose because of stupid penalties.

You can lose because of turnovers.

I've never seen the cocktail of all 5 combined in one game before that we witnessed tonight.

Ever.

This is no one's fault.

We are just the unfortunate victims of a group of football players that God himself is not interested in seeing have any success ever again.

It happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:51 AM)Emphasis Wrote: I see it as some of this team's problems rearing its head at the worst possible time. Hill's ball security, Burfict's mental lapses... this is not a coincidence.

You make a really good point. Is this roster as good as we thought it was? Maybe not when you consider the weaknesses.v
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
The truth is its not a curse or bad luck or nfl being fixed. It is the franchise. It was run poorly for over a decade and is still trying to find its way all the way back, we got part of the way and became afraid of change since it may take us back to the 90's. Without change this is all we can expect. Time to stop fearing change and charge into it head on. Just make the best educated decisions we can moving forward. We are close but it will take a better coach to get this team over the top.
Reply/Quote
There's one constant in all 7 one and dones.....ladies and gentlemen. I present to you Maevin Lewis !!
Reply/Quote
bo jackson curse. no one remembers this but me?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You can lose because of injuries.

You can lose because of referees.

You can lose because of stupid play calls.

You can lose because of stupid penalties.

You can lose because of turnovers.

I've never seen the cocktail of all 5 combined in one game before that we witnessed tonight.

Ever.

This is no one's fault.

We are just the unfortunate victims of a group of football players that God himself is not interested in seeing have any success ever again.

It happens.

I said something similar to this to my wife after the game was over.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope, not cursed, just bad luck.

To be honest, the team has overachieved for most of those playoff loses. Only loss to stealers we should have won. THis game should never have been this close, and would not have been if Andy was not injured.

That flag also only came out since it was an injury. If he got up, it would have been Bengals win. That was just unlucky.

This was rather odd, since Marvin Lewis usually is defensive, today he decides to attack instead of taking a knee and they lose game because of this. Still, this coach made it to the playoffs 5 years in a row, I would take that almost any day of the week. Hes also an excellent GM.
Reply/Quote