Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 First Round Pick
Bengals will screw up regardless.
Reply/Quote
The Jets win is good for the Bengals. If the Jags pick first they are taking Lawrence for sure.
Jets have Becton so I think they would be looking for another position (QB or WR? Chase, Wilson, Fields?). I don’t think you take a right tackle with the third pick. That’s LT territory and they already have a good, young one.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Jags picking 1st and taking Lawrence could be even worse for us. If the Jets don’t love Fields they might grab Sewell and see if the next coach can salvage Darnold.

Judging by how players like Tannehill, Robbi Anderson, and Devante Parker have faired since getting away from Gase, I'd say that Darnold isn't a lost cause.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Sewell will go to Jets now. The smart move would be to trade the pick. WTS we will probably draft Chase to replace AJ
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:40 PM)jason Wrote: Judging by how players like Tannehill, Robbi Anderson, and Devante Parker have faired since getting away from Gase, I'd say that Darnold isn't a lost cause.

That's what I figure, but if the Jets are at #2 they're far less likely to trade Darnold away in order to start the Fields era.  Darnold winning in LA may have been a career-damning move if we think it possible that he could have been given a better shot in NE, PIT, Indy, CHI, or even TB.  Then again, if they fire Gase and get Sewell then Darnold could just get his second wind in NYC, anyways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah must be going all in for Gase. Haha

He must have had to put some serious miles between the team and their front office, in order to deliver that pep talk..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Still many things can change between now and the end of the season. Even if the Jets don't want A QB at 2, all it takes is for another team to love a QB badly enough to trade up to 2 and the Jets might just love to trade down and get a bunch of extra picks. I can easily see Sewell being available at 3 for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Jags picking 1st and taking Lawrence could be even worse for us. If the Jets don’t love Fields they might grab Sewell and see if the next coach can salvage Darnold.

Doubt they go 2 years with 1st round tackles I think they look to trade out or go WR. 
Reply/Quote
If we're all about taking Sewell at #3 I don't see why the Jets wouldn't take him at #2. Maybe we need to hope for Fields' stock to magically rise so the Jets take him or trade back?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The Jets win is good for the Bengals. If the Jags pick first they are taking Lawrence for sure.
Jets have Becton so I think they would be looking for another position (QB or WR? Chase, Wilson, Fields?). I don’t think you take a right tackle with the third pick. That’s LT territory and they already have a good, young one.

We have Jonah and would still likely take Sewell. You can absolutely take a RT that high. It’s as important as LT these days.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 10:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Doubt they got 2 years with 1st round tackles I think they look to trade out or go WR. 

I don’t see why not. We’re about to go OT 2 out of the last 3 years. Really bad teams usually don’t have good Olines.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 11:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see why not. We’re about to go OT 2 out of the last 3 years. Really bad teams usually don’t have good Olines.

But they are way weaker in WR than we are and their line has performed better than ours and WRs have not.. I think they will trade back or pick Chase 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 10:32 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think Sewell will go to Jets now. The smart move would be to trade the pick. WTS we will probably draft Chase to replace AJ

I just don't buy it is Sewell or nothing, Chase could easily go to Jets as he is clearly top WR  and putting him with Burrow is obvious pick also. I'm in the mind set of trading back if the haul is worth it regardless who is there but if the offer is not worth it than stay at #3 and take the Chase to combo with Burrow if Sewell is gone seems logical
Reply/Quote
We should trade back Sewell or not
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 08:33 AM)Jpoore Wrote: We should trade back Sewell or not

I agree if the value of picks is there.. this year did show how weak we are even with acquiring the unanimous #1 pick in Burrow.. he played well for a rookie but we still only won 2 games with him and don;t know yet if he can lead us to many more wins with out a lot of work in the rebuild at multiple positions.  Sewell will help but more high value picks will help more I believe as we look at this team but if the value is not there you stay with Sewell. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals have holes all over the place and if there's not a hole at a position there's an average player who could be upgraded in many cases.

Depending on who's there at #3, if someone were to offer multiple picks for the #3, then I'd take them in an attempt to upgrade as many positions as possible.

Reply/Quote
The thing about trading down that scares me is the John Ross pick (9 overall) and our inability to evaluate talent consistently. Multiple picks could be fools gold.

This is why in a trade down scenario, I don’t want to drop too far. And if Sewell is there at 3, you definitely don’t trade down. Pick the best player, end of story.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 11:44 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Bengals have holes all over the place and if there's not a hole at a position there's an average player who could be upgraded in many cases.

Depending on who's there at #3, if someone were to offer multiple picks for the #3, then I'd take them in an attempt to upgrade as many positions as possible.

Shore up the line on both sides. Is there a highly touted EDGE if Sewell goes #2?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 08:16 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I just don't buy it is Sewell or nothing, Chase could easily go to Jets as he is clearly top WR  and putting him with Burrow is obvious pick also. I'm in the mind set of trading back if the haul is worth it regardless who is there but if the offer is not worth it than stay at #3 and take the Chase to combo with Burrow if Sewell is gone seems logical

I think there's zero chance of that.  If the Jets aren't sold on Fields, they are moving out and taking offers from a team that wants a QB.  

If they stay with Darnold, there's a pretty good chance they would sit there and take Sewell and just as good of a chance that they move down and get multiple picks to build the roster.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 11:09 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree if the value of picks is there.. this year did show how weak we are even with acquiring the unanimous #1 pick in Burrow.. he played well for a rookie but we still only won 2 games with him and don;t know yet if he can lead us to many more wins with out a lot of work in the rebuild at multiple positions.  Sewell will help but more high value picks will help more I believe as we look at this team but if the value is not there you stay with Sewell. 
Yep. A trade down to say 13-15 which is where I want to be would net us a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 3rd. I’d do that in a heartbeat. If we stay obviously pick is Sewell
(12-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The thing about trading down that scares me is the John Ross pick (9 overall) and our inability to evaluate talent consistently. Multiple picks could be fools gold.

This is why in a trade down scenario, I don’t want to drop too far. And if Sewell is there at 3, you definitely don’t trade down. Pick the best player, end of story.

That was in a very weak draft class. This years draft is considered best and deepest posssiboy ever in terms of oline. Better than the wr class if this past year and deeper. If I can trade back, still get og1 and ot3 and still get 2 other top 100 picks extra? U take that all day. U gotta improve theoverall team
Reply/Quote