Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona cardinals
anybody think we get a kings haul to trade down to 13 due to fact it seems like Palmer is retiring? they have an aging team and if trubisky/watson is off the board already.... They could over pay.... If we got a 13 and a second and third? That would give us 2 second round picks(possibly three due to an mccarron trade) and 2 third rounders (possibly 3 due to Marvin Jones comp) jw if anybody thinks this is a realistic possibility or something close to it. If we got that or even just a first and second to just do down 4 spots I would do it In a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
I just did something similar to this on first pick....traded back a couple times and compiled picks...

It wasn't sexy, the names I got, (Feeney in Rd 1) but the depth and competition at each position....well, I like the idea more and more. If we have a similar injury fest to draft picks next year, we would still have a lot of new talent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They may pickup Romo.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 02:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: anybody think we get a kings haul to trade down to 13 due to fact it seems like Palmer is retiring? they have an aging team and if trubisky/watson is off the board already.... They could over pay.... If we got a 13 and a second and third? That would give us 2 second round picks(possibly three due to an mccarron trade) and 2 third rounders (possibly 3 due to Marvin Jones comp) jw if anybody thinks this is a realistic possibility or something close to it. If we got that or even just a first and second to just do down 4 spots I would do it In a heartbeat.

Trading #13 plus their second AND third is pretty steep to move up just four spots. I went and looked at the trade value chart. Pick #9 is valued at 1350 pts. Surprisingly, Pick #13 + the third rounder (#77) are worth a combined 1355 points. Pick #13 is more in the range of Corey Davis, Derek Barnett, Ryan Ramczyk, etc. If the Bengals are eyeing one of those players, a game-breaking elite talent isn't available at #9, and the Cardinals are looking to trade up, I'd make it for the extra third rounder.

However, the Cardinals also need help at WR with the release of Michael Floyd, Fitzgerald so close to retirement, and John Brown taking a step back. They might be looking to draft a WR in the first round and consider trading for a QB or getting one in FA. Either way, the trade up to 9 could still make sense if they think their top WR on their board will not be there by #13.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Eagles could be in the mix to trade up. If they want one of the two top wr's, Mike Williams and Corey Davis could both be gone by pick 15. I'm hesitant to trade down though because a good player will be there for us at 9.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 11:17 AM)Goalpost Wrote: The Eagles could be in the mix to trade up.  If they want one of the two top wr's, Mike Williams and Corey Davis could both be gone by pick 15.  I'm hesitant to trade down though because a good player will be there for us at 9.

This is definitely true. One of the following will be there:
Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Cook
Fournette
Hooker
Adams
Foster
Williams

The only reason I can see of trading back is if all of the DEs in that list are off the board and the Bengals don't feel that they need/want to spend a top 10 pick on a RB, S, WR, or ILB. If they want a CB, they should try to trade back because none of the CBs in the list separate themselves much from the other first rounders. Mike Williams and Corey Davis don't seem that far in talent to warrant WR at #9 vs somewhere in the low-mid teens if they can trade back. No OT really worth taking at 9 either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd be more interested in trading up. We already have 11 draft picks. There isn't that much room on the roster. We'll have to put 9 rookie draft picks on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 11:34 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'd be more interested in trading up. We already have 11 draft picks. There isn't that much room on the roster. We'll have to put 9 rookie draft picks on the PS.

They could always make a trade for next year's picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 12:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could always make a trade for next year's picks.

True. Wouldn't be a bad idea, it's the Patriot way and would give the new HC more picks to get his guys on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 02:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: anybody think we get a kings haul to trade down to 13 due to fact it seems like Palmer is retiring? they have an aging team and if trubisky/watson is off the board already.... They could over pay.... If we got a 13 and a second and third? That would give us 2 second round picks(possibly three due to an mccarron trade) and 2 third rounders (possibly 3 due to Marvin Jones comp) jw if anybody thinks this is a realistic possibility or something close to it. If we got that or even just a first and second to just do down 4 spots I would do it In a heartbeat.

Doubtful.  I'm guessing a 3rd rounder would be what we would get.  There's no legit franchise type QB in this draft, and if there were, he wouldn't still be there at #9.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2017, 12:02 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Doubtful.  I'm guessing a 3rd rounder would be what we would get.  There's no legit franchise type QB in this draft, and if there were, he wouldn't still be there at #9.

I agree... I personally think if teams actually went bpa no qb would be taken in round 1. But a team like Arizona with Fitz who may/may not come back, whose 33, Palmer 37, Calais Campbell 30, frostee rucker 33, plus quite a few late 20s  they're in a win now mode. We saw the Vikings give up a lot for Bradford. Now if trubisky is off the board and u believe the Browns will take the only other decent qb who could develop nicely I think they would at least give us a second. Again the scenario I set only works if trubisky is already off the board. 
Reply/Quote
Arizona is in a bit of tight spot. It looks like Carson and Fitz are back for one more run. That means no romo this year. It also means if the make a decent run they are out of position to draft a qb's early in 18.
Reply/Quote