Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armed Citizen Opens Fire On Home Depot Shoplifter
http://concealednation.org/2015/10/armed-citizen-opens-fire-on-home-depot-shoplifter-youre-doing-it-wrong/

Quote: A woman with a concealed carry permit in Michigan opened fire on a shoplifter as he was running out of the store and to a waiting vehicle in the parking lot.

Quote:The shooting happened in the store’s parking lot at around 2 p.m., when Home Depot security was chasing a shoplifter in his 40s who jumped into a waiting dark SUV, said Lt. Jill McDonnell, an Auburn Hills police spokeswoman.

But when the SUV began to pull away, a 48-year-old woman suddenly began firing shots at the fleeing vehicle. The vehicle escaped – but possibly has a flat tire, McDonnell said.

Based on the information provided, this is in no way a self-defense situation. It is, however, worthy of the tag Irresponsible Gun Owner.

If the bad guy is fleeing, it’s difficult to prove self-defense if he has a bullet in his back. We all don’t like criminals and thieves, but to fire at them if they pose no threat to us? That’s irresponsible, dangerous, and worthy of a hard look at that armed citizen’s decision making process.

What would you have done in this case? I’ll tell you what I would have done; I would have stayed wherever I was until they took off, and I would get as much detail on the suspects and vehicle as I could to give to police.

But pull out my gun and fire at them? Hell no.

What an idiot. Further proof that you can't legislate the stupid out of people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Don't be silly. Just look at history. During the 19th century in the western territories of the United States everyone owned a gun and there was never any crime or gun violence. And in the 1990's inner city gang members all had guns and there was never any gun violence between them. No one will ever commit a crime or try to shoot anyone if they think everyone else has a gun.

All we need to make everyone peaceful is to give them all guns.
But clearly taking guns away from only law abiding citizens is the solution. The only relevant variable in this debate is the number of guns.
(10-07-2015, 01:10 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But clearly taking guns away from only law abiding citizens is the solution.  The only relevant variable in this debate is the number of guns.

The lady who opened fire at Home Depot was not "law abiding".

THAT is the problem.  Any call for gun education or licensing so that only people who understand the law would be allowed to carry guns is met with "DON'T LET THEM TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS!!!!"  
(10-07-2015, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: THAT is the problem.  Any call for gun education or licensing so that only people who understand the law would be allowed to carry guns is met with "DON'T LET THEM TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS!!!!"  

Probably because gun laws are so ineffective and the ultimate goal IS to take away the guns.  Chip away and chip away until there's nothing left, that's the end game here and despite you mocking them people aren't quite so gullible and naive.

It's the same with abortion on the other side, but I'm guessing your perspective is completely the opposite in that case.
(10-07-2015, 01:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Probably because gun laws are so ineffective and the ultimate goal IS to take away the guns.  Chip away and chip away until there's nothing left, that's the end game here and despite you mocking them people aren't quite so gullible and naive.

It's the same with abortion on the other side, but I'm guessing your perspective is completely the opposite in that case.

I consider the rights of life and liberty to be a bit more complicated and necessary than the right to bear arms. But that is just me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-07-2015, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The lady who opened fire at Home Depot was not "law abiding".

THAT is the problem.  Any call for gun education or licensing so that only people who understand the law would be allowed to carry guns is met with "DON'T LET THEM TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS!!!!"  

This is exactly why gun safety should be a mandatory class in public schools . With advanced electives offered as well.
(10-07-2015, 01:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Probably because gun laws are so ineffective and the ultimate goal IS to take away the guns.  Chip away and chip away until there's nothing left, that's the end game here and despite you mocking them people aren't quite so gullible and naive.

No.  The ultimate goal is not to take away all guns.  Most people realize this is impossible.

Requiring education, registration, and licensing of all guns does not require the confiscation of one single gun.  There is not a slippery slope because there is not even a slope.
(10-07-2015, 04:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is exactly why gun safety should be a mandatory class in public schools . With advanced electives offered as well.

Gun Safety
Lawncare
Fishing

All good

Art
Music
Theater

BAD!!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-07-2015, 06:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Gun Safety
Lawncare
Fishing

All good

Art
Music
Theater

BAD!!

So your against gun safety education.  Gotcha

And against science and outdoor education as well it seems.
(10-07-2015, 08:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So your against gun safety education.  Gotcha

In public school? Yes. That's beyond silly.

Quote:And against science

No, learning to fish and mow your grass isn't science. 

Quote:and outdoor education as well it seems.

In the manner in which you're suggesting? Yes.

Sorry, I am concerned about teaching kids things that make them grow intellectually. Their parents can teach them how to do chores.

This story reminds me of another recent story that I read. A dude was being car-jacked, so a responsible gun owner responded by responsibly using his weapon......and shooting the car owner in the head in the process.

This country will give any dumbass a gun.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/30/1426395/-Carjacking-victim-allegedly-shot-in-head-by-responsible-gunowner-who-started-shooting-at-carjackers#
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-07-2015, 08:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So your against gun safety education.  Gotcha

And against science and outdoor education as well it seems.

So you are for wasting my tax money to teach kids what they should be taught at home?  You send your kids to a private instructor if you want that.   Ninja
Dumb....dumb....dumb....

The ONLY way this scenario could have been remotely justified is if the vehicle were recklessly approaching with perceived intent of ramming and the 48 year old was not physically able to move to safety.
Michigan's Stand Your Ground law could possibly apply to that

However, it is apparent that we have a trigger-happy nutjob that should have her rights to firearms revoked.
:angry:
(10-07-2015, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  The ultimate goal is not to take away all guns.  Most people realize this is impossible.

Requiring education, registration, and licensing of all guns does not require the confiscation of one single gun.  There is not a slippery slope because there is not even a slope.

Impossible has never stopped liberals from pursuing anything - practical/realistic is not part of the lexicon.  And I doubt their base believes it's impossible, or every mention of the issue wouldn't get people like yourself's panties as bunched up as the gun nuts.
(10-07-2015, 10:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you are for wasting my tax money to teach kids what they should be taught at home?

You mean like safe sex and birth control?
(10-07-2015, 11:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Impossible has never stopped liberals from pursuing anything - practical/realistic is not part of the lexicon.  And I doubt their base believes it's impossible, or every mention of the issue wouldn't get people like yourself's panties as bunched up as the gun nuts.

Sure.  Just show the last time (or any time) someone actually came for yer gunz.

(10-07-2015, 11:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You mean like safe sex and birth control?

Exactly.  Take them to a ***** house.  Only way to raise them properly. Ninja
(10-07-2015, 04:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is exactly why gun safety should be a mandatory class in public schools . With advanced electives offered as well.

Are you suggesting kids (teenagers to be more precise) have access to deadly weapons while at school?  You can't be serious...can you?
(10-07-2015, 11:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly.  Take them to a ***** house.  Only way to raise them properly. Ninja

Something like that should be the job of our evolving school systems. A great idea for a field trip.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/03/minneapolis-private-school-principal-takes-students-to-sex-shop/
(10-07-2015, 11:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You mean like safe sex and birth control?

That saves the taxpayer money. 

(10-08-2015, 02:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Something like that should be the job of our evolving school systems. A great idea for a field trip.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/03/minneapolis-private-school-principal-takes-students-to-sex-shop/

Damn private schools.