Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army Vs Navy
You can bet your ass that no one will be taking a knee........

[Image: B8zlGbaCMAEBD2Y.jpg]

I apologize mods because I know that this should probably technically be in College Sports, but it just seemed too important to post where it wouldn't be seen as much.

Side note: this might be my favorite football game at all levels in terms of the actual football being played because I grew up wanting to run the triple option and just loving it.
Go Army! Beat Navy! Make it two yrs. in a row!

Attended that game 4 straight years when my kid was a Cadet.  Army unfortunately was in the midst of a 12 yr losing streak to Navy and never saw them win.
A wonderful experience regardless, and no smell of liberalism anywhere.
(11-28-2017, 10:27 AM)Vlad Wrote: Go Army! Beat Navy! Make it two yrs. in a row!

Attended that game 4 straight years when my kid was a Cadet.  Army unfortunately was in the midst of a 12 yr losing streak to Navy and never saw them win.

I got to see it in 2001 in Philly. Definitely one of the cooler sporting events I've ever seen in person. I'm not sure if the atmosphere always feels the same as it did at that game. The September 11th attacks had happened only a few months before. I can't really find the words to describe what it felt like watching it.... I didn't notice any unusual smells either.

Anyway... As any army brat, I'll be rooting for West Point as usual.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
As a lifelong Soldier and still serving Department of Army in a civilian capacity I obviously will pull for Army. We were having our Annual Christmas Ball at work last year during the game. The first time I've ever been to one where everybody stopped all Christmas related activities and turned a football game on the big screen. Needless to say the Ball ramped up after the game.

Also my son served 4 years as a Sailor, so we enjoy watching it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I enjoy seeing the sad faces on ring knockers when Army loses.
(11-28-2017, 10:27 AM)Vlad Wrote: Go Army! Beat Navy! Make it two yrs. in a row!

Attended that game 4 straight years when my kid was a Cadet.  Army unfortunately was in the midst of a 12 yr losing streak to Navy and  never saw them win.

Full on authoritarian, then. Must have been great.

Now if only the entire country could be submitted to military regimen under a great leader.
(11-28-2017, 01:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As a lifelong Soldier and still serving Department of Army in a civilian capacity I obviously will pull for Army. We were having our Annual Christmas Ball at work last year during the game. The first time I've ever been to one where everybody stopped all Christmas related activities and turned a football game on the big screen. Needless to say the Ball ramped up after the game.

Also my son served 4 years as a Sailor, so we enjoy watching it.

Hooah.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(11-29-2017, 01:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Full on authoritarian, then. Must have been great.

Now if only the entire country could be submitted to military regimen under a great leader.

I sure do miss the days when our "political discourse" didn't spill over into sporting events... Or every other somewhat enjoyable aspect of escapism. Oh well... The toothpaste is outta the tube. There's no going back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
When I was a kid, I would cheer for Army because my G'pa served in WWII...Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, etc.  Then I switched to Navy after visiting my cousin stationed at Hampton, VA.  He was a supply officer for one of the ships docked there. Then Navy went on this really long winning streak, I at first found amusing and liked them winning all then time.  But about 5 years ago, I felt pity and sorrow for the Cadets so I switched my allegiance back to the Black and Gold.  Nowadays, I just want to see a damn good football game.  I love how both teams play, their style of play is really what makes it so compelling.  I love the 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 

So, there's my history of watching the Army/Navy game. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(11-29-2017, 04:21 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: When I was a kid, I would cheer for Army because my G'pa served in WWII...Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, etc.  Then I switched to Navy after visiting my cousin stationed at Hampton, VA.  He was a supply officer for one of the ships docked there. Then Navy went on this really long winning streak, I at first found amusing and liked them winning all then time.  But about 5 years ago, I felt pity and sorrow for the Cadets so I switched my allegiance back to the Black and Gold.  Nowadays, I just want to see a damn good football game.  I love how both teams play, their style of play is really what makes it so compelling.  I love the 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 

So, there's my history of watching the Army/Navy game. 

Your grandpa's a BOSS...........  much respect because he's a true American hero.

A bit off-topic, but I'm wondering if I go to Germany for this stem cell treatment, would I be able to make a stop off in France to see the beaches of Normandy.  Did he ever tell stories about it?

Being a WWII junky, that would be amazing to see.
(11-29-2017, 05:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Your grandpa's a BOSS...........  much respect because he's a true American hero.

A bit off-topic, but I'm wondering if I go to Germany for this stem cell treatment, would I be able to make a stop off in France to see the beaches of Normandy.  Did he ever tell stories about it?

Being a WWII junky, that would be amazing to see.

If you land in Frankfurt, a drive to Normandy would likely be 8-9 hrs. one way.

Or you could take a train to Paris and connect from there.  Much more comfortable.
(11-29-2017, 01:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Full on authoritarian, then. Must have been great.

So that's what you got out of "no smell of liberals" eh?
You just keep going with your conjecture and assumptions there Dill.
(11-29-2017, 10:30 PM)Vlad Wrote: So that's what you got out of "no smell of liberals" eh?
You just keep going with your conjecture and assumptions there Dill.

Any "conjecture and assumptions" in your claim there was "no smell of liberals"?