Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arob
The Chris Baker signing got me thinking. Allen Robinson do u guys want to sign him? Yes it's a lot of money but it solved what I believe is our biggest concern going forward, which is an aj green replacement. I don't list oline bc there's a bunch of all pro lineman talent in this class and I don't see them ***** it up. So arob would be our number 2 for the next 2 years with aj still eating as the big dog, then as aj slowed down arob would continue to rise and be the wr1. I know it would be damn near 30 million in wrs, but I'd do that in a heartbeat. Would you?
Reply/Quote
Not Jungle Noise. You know this. Pleas post speculative posts in the proper forum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The Chris Baker signing got me thinking. Allen Robinson do u guys want to sign him? Yes it's a lot of money but it solved what I believe is our biggest concern going forward, which is an aj green replacement. I don't list oline bc there's a bunch of all pro lineman talent in this class and I don't see them ***** it up. So arob would be our number 2 for the next 2 years with aj still eating as the big dog, then as aj slowed down arob would continue to rise and be the wr1. I know it would be damn near 30 million in wrs, but I'd do that in a heartbeat. Would you?

I really like Allen Robinson and he is coming off of injury so he might not be quite as much dough as he normally would.

Just have to get extensions for Geno, Dunlap, Dennard and Huber this year and add a couple quality Lineman in the draft.

I don't know how much Robinson would cost is the big question. I know Sammie Watkins would be cheaper and if he can
stay healthy is another talented Receiver. First things first though, need to take care of the O-line and everything should be
good. Marquis Lee i think would be a great #2 for us if we are going after a Jag Receiver.
Reply/Quote
If it we're me yes I would but I would trade AJ to the Cowboys for the Zach Martin and sign Robinson. Probably get both of them for the same amount as AJ.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like Allen Robinson and he is coming off of injury so he might not be quite as much dough as he normally would.

Just have to get extensions for Geno, Dunlap, Dennard and Huber this year and add a couple quality Lineman in the draft.

I don't know how much Robinson would cost is the big question. I know Sammie Watkins would be cheaper and if he can
stay healthy is another talented Receiver. First things first though, need to take care of the O-line and everything should be
good. Marquis Lee i think would be a great #2 for us if we are going after a Jag Receiver.

8 to 10 million doubt dude wants to sign a multiple year deal after tearing ACL.
J24

Reply/Quote
They won't even kick his tires
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 09:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If it we're me yes I would but I would trade AJ to the Cowboys for the Zach Martin  and sign Robinson.  Probably get both of them for the same amount as AJ.

I would trade AJ for Travis Frederick, probably would be the only way i would trade AJ.

Then sign Robinson as you said.

(03-07-2018, 09:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 8 to 10 million doubt dude wants to sign a multiple year deal after tearing ACL.

Wait, who are we talking about and why wouldn't he want to sign a multiple year deal?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would trade AJ for Travis Frederick, probably would be the only way i would trade AJ.

Then sign Robinson as you said.

Wait, who are we talking about and why wouldn't he want to sign a multiple year deal?
Robinson- hes comming off an ACL and probably wants to prove to everyone he is a 100 percent and gets a bigger deal next off season.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not Jungle Noise.  You know this.  Pleas post speculative posts in the proper forum.
Sorry my bad. Was in Vegas at time on vacation  and had half a bar of connection basically the entire stay. Thought I was in free agency forum.
(03-07-2018, 08:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like Allen Robinson and he is coming off of injury so he might not be quite as much dough as he normally would.

Allen Robinson has the talent to be a top 5 wr. Hell he was when he was healthy. He'd probably cost about 10 million if we sign long term deal, 12-13 if we sign short-term.  Watkins isn't that close to the receiver around is. If we resigned Dunlap, Atkins, dennard maybe I'd be fine letting Huber go. We let Jones go and cut mj and lafell use that money to get Allen Robinson and sitton g from bears.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Sorry my bad. Was in Vegas at time on vacation  and had half a bar of connection basically the entire stay. Thought I was in free agency forum.

C'mon man, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas..   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Robinson would be nice but think we have much bigger needs and not trying to push AJ out the door either.

If he is cheap per coming off injury then hell yes.

But if wanting bank then think we should pass.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Here's a great sales piece on Robinson and his recovery progress.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2763120-allen-robinson-is-a-risky-nfl-free-agent-but-well-worth-the-gamble

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would rather have Sammy Watkins.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 02:19 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I would rather have Sammy Watkins.

Watkins nowhere near arob as far as talent. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 06:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Watkins nowhere near arob as far as talent. 

Receiver A has 202 receptions for 2848 yards, 14.1 average, And 22 tds

Receiver B has 192 receptions for 3052 yards, 15.9 average and 25 tds

1 was a first round pick, the other a second rounder.  

Plenty near enough as far talent I'd say
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 10:38 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Receiver A has 202 receptions for 2848 yards, 14.1 average, And 22 tds

Receiver B has 192 receptions for 3052 yards, 15.9 average and 25 tds

1 was a first round pick, the other a second rounder.  

Plenty near enough as far talent I'd say

I would say the main difference is that ARob has played in 9 fewer games and if he had those games his stats would be (going off averages) 

244 receptions 3,444 yds and 27 touchdowns
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:51 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: I would say the main difference is that ARob has played in 9 fewer games and if he had those games his stats would be (going off averages) 

244 receptions 3,444 yds and 27 touchdowns

I still don’t see how Watkins is nowhere near arob talent wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt Robinson wants to be a #2.

Reply/Quote
Watkins may have well set out 9 games the way the Rams used him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote