Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Around The Horn On Big Ben!
They asked the panel how they'll remember Big Ben and his career and I was expecting it to be the usual Steelers ass-kissing that the media always does and they ignore what a piece of shit Ben is, but they basically just talked about that he's a piece of shit that raped multiple women!

They did mention his two Super Bowls and things about his play briefly, but, for the most part, it was all about how he's a sack of shit!

I was AMAZED!

FINALLY!
Reply/Quote
It was a fair assessment and what you'd expect. Don't know why it's so exciting and don't know why you'd think it would be any different. It's part of his past and when you think back about him, you'll think back on that part too. Just like when you look back at.....
Pete Rose.....you think gambling on baseball
Ray Rice......you think knocking out a woman
Ray Lewis......you think murder accusations
Chris Henry.....you think child rape
Mike Vick.....you think dog fighting
Joe Mixon.....you think assaulting women
Barry Bonds.....you think steroids
Aaron Hernandez.....you think murder
Pac Man Jones.....you think assaulting women
Kobe Bryant......you think rape
Rae Carruth....you think murder

It's part of who they are/were.
It is what it is. Don't know why it's surprising to think that it would be different.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 09:36 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It  was a fair assessment and what you'd expect. Don't know why it's so exciting and don't know why you'd think it would be any different. It's part of his past and when you think back about him, you'll think back on that part too. Just like when you look back at.....
Pete Rose.....you think gambling on baseball
Ray Rice......you think knocking out a woman
Ray Lewis......you think murder accusations
Chris Henry.....you think child rape
Mike Vick.....you think dog fighting
Joe Mixon.....you think assaulting women
Barry Bonds.....you think steroids
Aaron Hernandez.....you think murder
Pac Man Jones.....you think assaulting women
Kobe Bryant......you think rape
Rae Carruth....you think murder

It's part of who they are/were.
It is what it is. Don't know why it's surprising to think that it would be different.

Let's be honest...we're being a bit melodramatic here.

The only ones that really generate those thoughts are Rose, Vick, Bonds, and Hernandez...they were HUGE stories.

Those underlying stories are associated with those athletes but come on...nobody thinks of rape when they think of Kobe...that story is long gone....it's more like a "oh ya i remember that!" if someone brings it up.  

Same thing with BB....despise the dude...but i always forget about the rape stuff with him unless someone brings it up.  

It's not his legacy...his legacy is 18 years of shitting on the AFCN...that's all people will remember about him.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They asked the panel how they'll remember Big Ben and his career and I was expecting it to be the usual Steelers ass-kissing that the media always does and they ignore what a piece of shit Ben is, but they basically just talked about that he's a piece of shit that raped multiple women!

They did mention his two Super Bowls and things about his play briefly, but, for the most part, it was all about how he's a sack of shit!

I was AMAZED!

FINALLY!

I don't know why you're amazed by this.  Around the Horn is conceived as a debate program.  I've even wondered sometimes if some of the participants aren't assigned sides to take so as to create healthy debate.  

I'm not saying that this should invalidate whatever points were made, but rather that you should expect to hear most sides of a debate on that program, just by nature of what it is.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:43 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don't know why you're amazed by this.  Around the Horn is conceived as a debate program.  I've even wondered sometimes if some of the participants aren't assigned sides to take so as to create healthy debate.  

I'm not saying that this should invalidate whatever points were made, but rather that you should expect to hear most sides of a debate on that program, just by nature of what it is.  

It's supposed to be a debate venue, but they generally never bad-mouth the Steelers too bad and never bring up Ben's character or his lengthy history of raping women. In fact, they typically kiss their asses, fluff them up, and give them much more airtime than the typical team.

I guess they figure that no one will be watching for comments on Ben anymore, so no risk in losing viewers or sponsors who know that bad-mouthing the Steelers loses viewers, so it's fair game (he could sign elsewhere, but I see no one taking a signing a piece of shit, especially after how bad he looks on the field).
Reply/Quote
God I used to love and watch this show religiously in high school and college before I starting hating ESPN in general. I just watched this clip show seems as good as I remember.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 05:15 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: God I used to love and watch this show religiously in high school and college before I starting hating ESPN in general. I just watched this clip show seems as good as I remember.

It's about the only thing on ESPN I watch anymore. 

I get all my NFL action from NFL Network. 

Occasionally I'll watch something on college football on there but that's about it. 

When the conference basketball tournaments and national tournament come on, sometimes I'll watch but yeah all their reporters/analyst commentators seem to think they're hilarious and it's just annoying.

Chris Berman was THE SHIT!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 05:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's about the only thing on ESPN I watch anymore. 

I get all my NFL action from NFL Network. 

Occasionally I'll watch something on college football on there but that's about it. 

When the conference basketball tournaments and national tournament come on, sometimes I'll watch but yeah all their reporters/analyst commentators seem to think they're hilarious and it's just annoying.

Chris Berman was THE SHIT!

I loved Chris until I found out how much of an ass he was behind the scenes and then caught it live during draft coverage one year.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 10:57 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I loved Chris until I found out how much of an ass he was behind the scenes and then caught it live during draft coverage one year.

[Image: dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif]

Was he like that his whole career?!

I actually can kind of see it...................
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: dana-carvey-johnny-carson.gif]

Was he like that his whole career?!

I actually can kind of see it...................

I know they have some YouTube clips of him blowing up.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:07 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I know they have some YouTube clips of him blowing up.

Yeah........  just watched them and now I can kind of see it lol
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:07 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I know they have some YouTube clips of him blowing up.

Yeah, Berman and Casey Kasem were a definite surprise.  But in retrospect they both make sense.
Reply/Quote