Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Around the NFL game picks
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000568180/article/around-the-nfls-week-8-picks

2 bengals 3 steelers
Reply/Quote
Interesting that the guys with the best record of picking and the worst record of picking picked the Bengals.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The worst record of picking is trying to catch up. That's what you do, unfortunately, when you're so far behind, you just copycat the leader.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Chris wesseling is a Bengal hater. From cincy went to elder I guess. He rarely picks the bengals in these type games
Reply/Quote
If you pick Cincy to lose every week, eventually you'll be correct

That's how I feel people think about Bengals games these days
Reply/Quote
There's a good amount of people picking against the Bengals this game. The most since the Ravens game where about 55% picked the Ravens to win.

http://nflpickwatch.com/?week=8
Reply/Quote
This is a good matchup. Bengals have the better team but it's at Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 07:08 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is a good matchup. Bengals have the better team but it's at Pittsburgh.

i think our recent history we win @ pitt more than we do when pitt is here.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 07:08 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is a good matchup.  Bengals have the better team but it's at Pittsburgh.

Both teams have great offensive weapons.  However, we have the better D Line and the better O line.  We will win.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 11:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The worst record of picking is trying to catch up. That's what you do, unfortunately, when you're so far behind, you just copycat the leader.

That's a bad strategy.  If you pick the same games as the leader, you're always that far behind him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The Steelers are at home and a very good team.

I have no issue (or am I surprised) experts picking the Steelers to win, in fact those picking the Bengals are taking the most risk in my opinion. The Steelers swept us last year and are the reigning 2014 AFCN champs. They get Ben back and have the most talented skill group in the NFL with Brown, Bell, Miller, Bryant and others.

For those getting hung up with worrying if we lose this game it means we are not taking the next step, I would argue win or lose, it means nothing in that regard. To me the next step is winning the AFCN (16 games and not 1) and then winning playoff game(s). This is just one game of a long journey.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It bugs me to see this crap too but I think the NFL is so in LOVE w the STOOLERS that this probably occurs more often than we think (bogus illogical votes for the STOOLERS) and especially at home.

FWIW: They HAVE owned us for MANY MANY years so none of this surprises me
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 08:42 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Both teams have great offensive weapons.  However, we have the better D Line and the better O line.  We will win.  

Not if Bell runs for 300 yards (which he may) and not if DRE is playing SOFT (like he always does) on Brown.  

IF these are addressed, we win and with relative ease IMO as we are the better team.

I am just not confident in this D at all. Glimpses of greatness is not enough. 

Bell is SICK and Brown is as well. 

This will be a fun game for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:59 AM)Whacked Wrote: It bugs me to see this crap too but I think the NFL is so in LOVE w the STOOLERS that this probably occurs more often than we think (bogus illogical votes for the STOOLERS) and especially at home.

FWIW: They HAVE owned us for MANY MANY years so none of this surprises me

Which is why many "experts" pick against us vs. them.

What was it 2012 or 13 season ? Like half their offense was out injured, BigJen gimpy, everybody picking us and they still curb stomped us on crutches ! We were in the game driving to go up by two scores and we had a turnover then the wheels fell off. Squeelers scored like 3 TD's in 5 minutes or something.

At some point we have to quit assuming the fetal position against them. I think they'll do it this season.
Reply/Quote
I love fan reactions to this stuff. Either we get mad because the experts obviously "hate us" too much to unanimously choose us to win OR the expects all pick us to win because they secretly want us to lose so they can bash us because we let them down. Also, we want them to all pick us to win until they do, in which case we all pee our pants with fear because that turns the game into a "trap game" that we might lose for some reason.

See ya next week when this starts all over again.
Reply/Quote