Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Around the NFL picks
(10-09-2015, 02:36 AM)magikod Wrote: Seahawks are crappy this year.

Shhh...we have to show immense respect for each opponent, or we might lose.  
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There's people who actually pick us to win?

Eat your heart out Cleveland.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
There's only one media outlet I worry about picking us to win. The Guardian .. They're always wrong and they picked us.

WE'RE DOOMED!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm killing time here so here are my much anticipated picks Rolleyes

Saints @ Eagles
Bears @ Chiefs
Redskins @ Falcons
Jaguars @ Buccaneers
Browns @ Ravens
Bills @ Titans
Rams @ Packers
Cardinals @ Lions
Patriots @ Cowboys
Broncos @ Raiders
49ers @ Giants
Steelers @ Chargers

Seahawks @ Bengals
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Shhh...we have to show immense respect for each opponent, or we might lose.  

That's true, they still might have trouble beating teams they're supposed to beat - but it helps that they have 2nd SOS this year; might have fooled them into thinking the whole season needs their best.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's true, they still might have trouble beating teams they're supposed to beat - but it helps that they have 2nd SOS this year; might have fooled them into thinking the whole season needs their best.

That was actually a dig at some fans who always talk up whoever we're playing. It happens every week, whether it's Oakland, KC or Seattle. We could be playing the 2008 Lions and someone would say "trap game". 

As far as what you're saying, I can see that to an extent, but I think the best teams just beat whoever is on their schedule. The Bengals have been doing that for a long time - in the regular season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was actually a dig at some fans who always talk up whoever we're playing. It happens every week, whether it's Oakland, KC or Seattle. We could be playing the 2008 Lions and someone would say "trap game". 

As far as what you're saying, I can see that to an extent, but I think the best teams just beat whoever is on their schedule. The Bengals have been doing that for a long time - in the regular season.

Seahawks had the number one D, everyone says.

Well... KC had the 2nd best passing D last year, so they weren't chumps by any means.

I think our team will do just fine today :)
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was actually a dig at some fans who always talk up whoever we're playing. It happens every week, whether it's Oakland, KC or Seattle. We could be playing the 2008 Lions and someone would say "trap game". 

I might be in the former camp, lol. I mean I really don't "expect" to beat the Browns, I live in CLE - I see how they play. Many times I think their Defense is better than ours (without looking at stat comparisons). They fight hard.

I think the Bengals for a while have been in that "we can beat under .500 opponents, but can struggle with above .500" - which is still true this year in a short season perspective. I think most playoff teams fall in that camp though (and end up 10-6/11-5).

I kind of like the mindset of the Patriots (not cheating), but pulverize a team. I'm pretty sure they don't look at the scoreboard at all during the game.  It was nice to hear a Dalton snippet telling Hue to keep being aggressive (while they were far up) in an earlier game this year. 

This year, I'm not feeling what they had in year's past - a mistake or two could kill them (fumble/int/holding penalty/etc). It seems like the offense can recover fine.

It would be great to see this same team healthy in the playoffs with Burfict back at 100%. Enough play makers to make up for someone having a below average game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 01:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I might be in the former camp, lol. I mean I really don't "expect" to beat the Browns, I live in CLE - I see how they play. Many times I think their Defense is better than ours (without looking at stat comparisons). They fight hard.

I think the Bengals for a while have been in that "we can beat under .500 opponents, but can struggle with above .500" - which is still true this year in a short season perspective. I think most playoff teams fall in that camp though (and end up 10-6/11-5).

I kind of like the mindset of the Patriots (not cheating), but pulverize a team. I'm pretty sure they don't look at the scoreboard at all during the game.  It was nice to hear a Dalton snippet telling Hue to keep being aggressive (while they were far up) in an earlier game this year. 

This year, I'm not feeling what they had in year's past - a mistake or two could kill them (fumble/int/holding penalty/etc). It seems like the offense can recover fine.

It would be great to see this same team healthy in the playoffs with Burfict back at 100%. Enough play makers to make up for someone having a below average game.

I'm with you 100% there. I often wish we'd just bury teams like the Pats do. I also agree that this year just feels different - and I'm not one of those guys that says that every year. 

The best teams often bury inferior opponents. They just don't let off the gas like we have in the past.
Reply/Quote