Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrested Development
Video 
I'm about halfway through season 2 and this show is freaking hilarious. Anyone else seen the show? No spoilers please!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I haven't watched it.  I think I need to put it on my to watch list.

Same thing happened to me with Breaking Bad.  I missed it while it was still airing, but binged watched it on Netflix after the series was over because everyone recommended it.
Reply/Quote
Great show. Watched in through a few years ago. Right now I'm watching The Wire for the first time on the HBO streaming service.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2020, 05:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I haven't watched it.  I think I need to put it on my to watch list.

Same thing happened to me with Breaking Bad.  I missed it while it was still airing, but binged watched it on Netflix after the series was over because everyone recommended it.

I highly recommend it. Very funny show, I still need to watch Breaking Bad. I only saw the first season of it.

(06-12-2020, 05:26 PM)treee Wrote: Great show. Watched in through a few years ago. Right now I'm watching The Wire for the first time on the HBO streaming service.

I really want to see The Wire but I don't have HBO. I just have Netflix Amazon+ and Hulu.
Reply/Quote
Arrested Development was a brilliant show. The Netflix series was not awesome in my opinion, but the original series was great. Witty, great timing, just perfectly executed.

Breaking Bad was increasingly dark but also a magnificent story arc for the characters and as wild as it was in terms of being believable, I found it plausible enough start to finish that it didn't distract me and it really sucked me in.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2020, 07:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Arrested Development was a brilliant show.  The Netflix series was not awesome in my opinion, but the original series was great.  Witty, great timing, just perfectly executed.  

Breaking Bad was increasingly dark but also a magnificent story arc for the characters and as wild as it was in terms of being believable, I found it plausible enough start to finish that it didn't distract me and it really sucked me in.

I've been watching it on Netflix. Im on the second season, I think it says 5 seasons total. Which ones were the original and which seasons were made from Netflix.
Reply/Quote
To add to the choir, arrested development is a great show. The original three seasons, that is.

As for the Wire, this is tough for non-natives really. But also a great show.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 05:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: To add to the choir, arrested development is a great show. The original three seasons, that is.

As for the Wire, this is tough for non-natives really. But also a great show.

Anyway to check out the wire besides on HBO?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 03:40 PM)magikod Wrote: I've been watching it on Netflix. Im on the second season, I think it says 5 seasons total. Which ones were the original and which seasons were made from Netflix.

The first 3 seasons were the originals (on Fox).  Then they came back 6 or 7 years later with a 4th season on Netflix and I didn't even finish it.  A couple of years ago there was a 5th (and probably final) season Netflix also released and I never bothered to watch it at all.  The original three is where it's at IMHO.  Maybe it's because I was in college when the originals came out and it meant something different, maybe it was the quality.  That's a really big gap in age and the world, either way.  I can still go back and watch the originals any time and love them, and season 1 and 2 especially were perfect.  
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2020, 06:56 PM)magikod Wrote: Anyway to check out the wire besides on HBO?

I was fortunate, a friend of mine had the series on DVD. So you could try to befriend him, which isn't all that easy, he is quite demanding and a whole ocean blocks your charms. What you could do is choose a semi-legal (at best) option on the internet, but I would of course never openly suggest that to a judge. A PM could allow me to expand though.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 12:14 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The first 3 seasons were the originals (on Fox).  Then they came back 6 or 7 years later with a 4th season on Netflix and I didn't even finish it.  A couple of years ago there was a 5th (and probably final) season Netflix also released and I never bothered to watch it at all.  The original three is where it's at IMHO.  Maybe it's because I was in college when the originals came out and it meant something different, maybe it was the quality.  That's a really big gap in age and the world, either way.  I can still go back and watch the originals any time and love them, and season 1 and 2 especially were perfect.  

I'm on season 3 episode 8 right now. It's getting good, just dreading finishing the season. Sad Such a funny show.

(06-15-2020, 10:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: I was fortunate, a friend of mine had the series on DVD. So you could try to befriend him, which isn't all that easy, he is quite demanding and a whole ocean blocks your charms. What you could do is choose a semi-legal (at best) option on the internet, but I would of course never openly suggest that to a judge. A PM could allow me to expand though.

I'll toss you a PM sir.
Reply/Quote
Well i finished the first 3 seasons. About to start season 4, I hope its decent at least.
Reply/Quote