Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article On Burfict/Lewis Relationship
http://www.nfl.com/burfict

Good article to read. Burfict is the man and there is no disputing the fact that he is our Ray Lewis!
Reply/Quote
Very good article! Have to give credit where it's due and Marvin deserves it in bringing Burfict on board.
Reply/Quote
That was a good read. Thanks for posting it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Good stuff. After a few years of being a head coach for a local pee-wee team, I quickly learned that I was a players coach and of everything we did, it was the growth as a man/women that pleased me the most. The winning was less rewarding than seeing them have good manners, being respectful and things like that. Building good, strong men and women is more important than football. Lewis is amazing at this and there's nothing more important in the grand scheme of things.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
This is what makes me love Lewis.   In my schemes for the team I'm always wanting to move him up to GM, something sportscasters have asserted he does not want.   But I don't see a GM able to maintain that kind of rapport with his team.  And though he seems so milk toast on the sidelines I hear he is a firestorm behind closed doors and practices.

So easy to speculate what would work better for this team and put them over the top.  Probably the biggest factor in the change from year to year with this teams - besides injuries - is the constant turnover of coaches.  And coaches we like enough to envision replacing him.

I'm an impatient and critical guy.   But given all the transition on this team in 2016 I could probably give the coaching staff a small break.

And while I'm choking on humble pie, Alexander said last night on Bengals Gameplan that he is not sure why his O-line has played so poorly.  He says they've been practicing flawlessly.  He says he believes they are really close to breaking out as a very good O-line.

Of course they need to not be on the injury report...
Reply/Quote
Good article, thanks for posting OP. Hopefully Burfict sticks to his text message forever.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:38 PM)3wt Wrote: This is what makes me love Lewis.   In my schemes for the team I'm always wanting to move him up to GM, something sportscasters have asserted he does not want.   But I don't see a GM able to maintain that kind of rapport with his team.  And though he seems so milk toast on the sidelines I hear he is a firestorm behind closed doors and practices.

So easy to speculate what would work better for this team and put them over the top.  Probably the biggest factor in the change from year to year with this teams - besides injuries - is the constant turnover of coaches.  And coaches we like enough to envision replacing him.

I'm an impatient and critical guy.   But given all the transition on this team in 2016 I could probably give the coaching staff a small break.

And while I'm choking on humble pie, Alexander said last night on Bengals Gameplan that he is not sure why his O-line has played so poorly.  He says they've been practicing flawlessly.  He says he believes they are really close to breaking out as a very good O-line.

Maybe it's a coaching problem and not a player problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:50 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Good article, thanks for posting OP. Hopefully Burfict sticks to his text message forever.

Burfict is the kind of player us fans have been waiting for. Plus whenever he is on the field the game much more exciting from what he does and gets his team mates around him to do. 

We definitely have a one/two punch with him leading the defense and AJ on offense!
Reply/Quote
That is one of the best articles i have read besides maybe the Dalton one in the Preseason, props to Chadiha. Rock On

Thanks to Godfather for bringing it here for me to read as well, major reps.

Just shows how good Marv is at dealing with his players and whether some of us like him or not be has rare skills
in doing so. Burfict was a project no other coach wanted and he has become one of if not the most intimidating LB's
in the league and just makes plays around the football.

Probably my favorite player on this team and i love AJ, Geno, Dalton, Dunlap and so on tons.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:38 PM)3wt Wrote: This is what makes me love Lewis.   In my schemes for the team I'm always wanting to move him up to GM, something sportscasters have asserted he does not want.   But I don't see a GM able to maintain that kind of rapport with his team.  And though he seems so milk toast on the sidelines I hear he is a firestorm behind closed doors and practices.

Hahahaha, wow, Alexander actually said "He's not sure why his O-Line has played so poorly."

The balls on this guy, good God.  He needs to go lock himself in his basement.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 04:06 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Hahahaha, wow, Alexander actually said "He's not sure why his O-Line has played so poorly."

The balls on this guy, good God.  He needs to go lock himself in his basement.

Dude is clueless. Yawn
Reply/Quote
I remember reading an article on how Sparky Anderson managed a team with as much talent as the Big Red Machine had. How he handled the egos and such. He said "I manage every player the same differently". That always stuck with me.
Reply/Quote
best player on team
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jeffri did a very good job on this one.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Great story, insightful writing. And the story is still being written.
Reply/Quote
Just read this.. good read and great insight on the coach/player relationship.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately as me and several of my friends have discussed, Marvin is more like the old grandpa who just just kinda sits back, sips him lemonade from a porch swing, loves his grand-kids, and lets them get away with too much.
Reply/Quote
having Tez back is a massive upgrade for our D.

They are going to need to compensate for our mediocre offensive line if we have any chance of making playoffs and advancing.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:16 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Unfortunately as me and several of my friends have discussed, Marvin is more like the old grandpa who just just kinda sits back, sips him lemonade from a porch swing, loves his grand-kids, and lets them get away with too much.

Yet all he us done is try and help kids grow into adults and great citizens And cultivate their football skills.  It has worked (pacman, tez) and it hasn't (Odell, Chris Henry RIP... But believe he was on his way)

But if not for Marvin, Adam jones just may  not be a Bengal (and a great one) and in jail.  

For all the flack he gets, he really is great for the organization.  If only he would take over as a GM, him and duke would be bad ass, and allow a better game day coach the sky would be the limit for the bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 11:26 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yet all he us done is try and help kids grow into adults and great citizens And cultivate their football skills.  It has worked (pacman, tez) and it hasn't (Odell, Chris Henry RIP... But believe he was on his way)

But if not for Marvin, Adam jones just may  not be a Bengal (and a great one) and in jail.  

For all the flack he gets, he really is great for the organization.  If only he would take over as a GM, him and duke would be bad ass, and allow a better game day coach the sky would be the limit for the bengals

I don't care what he does, if he doesn't get a playoff win this year, GET HIM OUT, GOTTA GET HIM OUT!! I don't care if we hire Lane Kiffin........just get Marvin the hell out if he don't win a post-season game THIS year.   The hell outta town! 
Reply/Quote