Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article: Reception Perception - John Ross and Going Beyond Speed
I figured you all would find this at least somewhat enjoyable to read. I sure liked it.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-john-ross-going-beyond-speed/?udk=mharmon25

I won't quote it all here, as it's a lengthy article. But it essentially posts a lot of good information to support that John Ross should be closer to a complete WR rather than just a deep threat. But here's a nice clip from the end...

Quote:We posed the question at the onset of this study as to what kind of small receiver John Ross really was. Is he the type of deep threat that only helps out in the vertical game or was there potential to reach out to the T.Y. Hilton-esque upper branches of the archetype?

After taking in Ross’ Reception Perception results, we can conclusively say he has more to offer as a complete package in a small frame than just his deep game. He created separation at different levels of the field and his success rate vs. coverage shows a player who wins with detail and athleticism.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
thanks for posting
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
That is an excellent read. Thanks!
Reply/Quote
I still don't get where everyone thinks that he is a "small frame" receiver? It's only been in recent years that really tall WRs have become the fashionable norm. If anything, he's an "average frame" receiver. Sure, length is great, but athleticism trumps all in receiving ability.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Awesome! Thanks!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I still don't get where everyone thinks that he is a "small frame" receiver?  It's only been in recent years that really tall WRs have become the fashionable norm.  If anything, he's an "average frame" receiver.  Sure, length is great, but athleticism trumps all in receiving ability.

Right? and one more time for the profoundly stupid: 

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Antonio Brown
Football wide receiver
[/color]

Antonio Brown is an American football wide receiver and punt returner for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League. Wikipedia

BornJuly 10, 1988 (age 28 years), Miami, FL
Height5′ 10″
40 yard dash time4.47 seconds
Weight186 lbs

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]John Ross
Football wide receiver
[/color]

John Ross III is an American football wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League. He played college football at the University of Washington, and was drafted by the Bengals ninth overall in the 2017 NFL Draft. Wikipedia

BornNovember 27, 1994 (age 22 years), Long Beach, CA
40 yard dash time4.22 seconds
Height5′ 11″
Weight190 lbs
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I still don't get where everyone thinks that he is a "small frame" receiver?  It's only been in recent years that really tall WRs have become the fashionable norm.  If anything, he's an "average frame" receiver.  Sure, length is great, but athleticism trumps all in receiving ability.

Same here Sunset, been doing a lot of "not getting" today.

Then these same people say they know "all about" John Ross.

Been tough carrying this torch.

Great pick, he will score a lot of TD's for us, that is what he does.

Thanks Ocho, great read my friend. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 07:45 PM)Shady Wrote: Right? and one more time for the profoundly stupid: 

Ha!!!

Look at Antonio Brown's slow as 40 time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What I like is he is historically FAST and he has HANDS. That's the big part.

Mixon is a good receiver too.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What I like is he is historically FAST and he has HANDS. That's the big part.

Mixon is a good receiver too.
He is rated better than Gio as a receiver according to one of the hundreds of draft articles published the past two days.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:04 PM)jason Wrote: Ha!!!

Look at Antonio Brown's slow as 40 time.

Watching Ross's highlights, he is a lot like AB after the catch.

Just gets up to speed a lot faster if you can believe it.
Reply/Quote