Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article on Tyler Boyd
It’s long but a really good read.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/how-tyler-boyd-became-the-heart-of?s=04&fbclid=IwAR0eNbQEXUrpnkEfYqdi6eu8L_8BgEQ-RU1DXgHktAIZpukM9kgKXmQR7L4
Reply/Quote
Some quotes I liked for those who don’t want to read(it’s very long)

On target shares- “We can’t force it to anybody,” Boyd says, “and I have a great relationship with the guys on the team so I can’t be that way. Those people who get that way start to bring the team down. Start to bring negativity and guys start to look different directions.”

On Joe Burrow: Boyd’s mind was blown. He’d think the defense was bringing one blitz and Burrow would call a presnap protection for something completely different.

“I’d be like, ‘Bro, why is he doing that?’” Boyd says. “We say, ‘Hut.’ They disguise it exactly to what he knew they were doing. I’m like, ‘That shit’s really coming.’ … He’s so smart. Even when the nickel is disguising the blitz, he knows if he’s really blitzing or not. I don’t know what his key read is to that. He’s super dialed in. Another thing is, the way he plays and the way he carries himself, you’d think he came from a very, very hard upbringing himself as well. Because he continues to play with a chip on his shoulder. He doesn’t take games for granted.

Boyd definitely seems a big leader particularly in WR room:”He points to a drop in his first game back, the crazy overtime loss against Green Bay. Boyd saw Higgins wallowing a bit and hit him with tough love. “Man, you’ve got to pick it up,” Higgins recalls Boyd telling him. “You can’t let that one drop affect the rest of the game. We need you. The team needs you.”
Reply/Quote
My favorite Tyler Boyd quote:

Sucka sh!t ‘Los…
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Good read. Boyd is my favorite player in large part because I wasn't high on him when we drafted him and after his 1st 2 seasons I felt like I was right about him. That Baltimore game really did make a change for him and he has become one of the top slot WR's in the NFL. I also love his attitude and it's a real positive for the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:52 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Good read. Boyd is my favorite player in large part because I wasn't high on him when we drafted him and after his 1st 2 seasons I felt like I was right about him. That Baltimore game really did make a change for him and he has become one of the top slot WR's in the NFL. I also love his attitude and it's a real positive for the team.

Tyler is definitely a huge asset to this team in many different ways. Tiger
Reply/Quote
Man, that dark place in life..Everything feels like it's falling apart, your hometown is dying or dead, dope, guns, police records, jail, court, the whole 9 yards.. I've been down some of the same hole although my childhood was better.. I, like some of you grew up when much of the region was becoming the rust belt. I remember when Dayton was renowned for being the cradle of inventions then became murder city USA then the dope seeped into my life and with it police, jails, etc..
I can certainly relate with a lot of it except for the great story of Boyd's hitting the jackpot of success.. He deserves all the credit he gets and I definitely admire the young man.. (HA! Young man indeed..I remember when my sports hero's suddenly were younger than myself..LOL)
I got out of the game of running from the cops, dope and all that.. Now I'm just an old and happy guy with a nice table saw.. Life can indeed change for the better (or worse) in huge ways with the slightest things people take for granted..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote