Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article on a comedy site about Alt-right that isn't very funny...
(09-23-2016, 10:10 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Just something I've never understood, why have pride in something you played no part in? Seems like taking pride in something you had literally nothing to do with means you have very little to actually be proud of. I enjoy German culture and learning about my ancestry, but I don't have any pride in it. I don't call myself a German-American because hyphenated stuff like that is just a way to foster segregation and because I wasn't born in Germany and then naturalized. We're Americans, stop being obsessed with where your 4th great-grandfather came from or the color of your skin.

There is a reason the people that live in the countries that Americans like to take pride in their heritage being from roll their eyes and laugh at the foolishness. But since the Alt-Right adherents will just call them a particular word that had to be banned around here and make erroneous claims about what is going on in their countries and show their ignorance about their cultures, it doesn't really matter.

Would you say the same to a black person and hispanic for taking pride in something they played no part in?

You are preaching to the choir when you tell me not to be proud of my heritage, but find no voice in telling blacks not to take pride in theirs.

It isn't just the alt-right.
(09-23-2016, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: As I am prone to do when given new information I searched for references to "death of all men" from Valenti.  I found none from her...just attributed to her.

If you mean this academic article from Rapp (the link is an argument against it) I guess I can see where you could say she "supports 40 year old mean having sex with 12 year old boys and girls" but I wouldn't see it that way.  I guess different people can interpret academic exercises (legal ones) differently.

However as I replied in another post I hold the people who threatened family members responsible for their own actions.  It just seems a certain group has not only welcomed them and their actions but also encourages them.  To me that is a sad thing not just for our country but for humanity in general.

Keep searching then.

The Alt-Right is about shit posting.  They will say anything except to promote violence.  If violence is used, such as rape, it is usually not a true Alt-Righter or possibly a shill trying to distract from the message of the alt-right.
(09-23-2016, 10:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why are you trying to deflect away from how awful you and your white supremacist friends are by discussing the rioting of other groups?

To answer your question, there's nothing wrong with having pride in your heritage. The concepts of "White" and Aryan Pride were created to suggest the superiority of a group of people over others. That's why normal people don't say they have white pride. There's nothing we share in common besides our general skin color. I'm not proud of my skin color. I am proud of my ethnic heritage. That's why no one bats an eye at Irish, Italian, German, English pride. Those aren't rooted in the history of white supremacism. Actual Nordic pride is fine. Nordic pride used within the Alt Right movement is a code word for Aryan pride. 

The reason why black pride exists is because the vast majority of black people in the US are descendants of people who had their heritage stripped away when they were enslaved for generations. As a result of that and subsequent legal segregation based on their skin color, they were forced to create an identity based on their skin color. 

Now, if you're done trying to attack other groups, this thread is about the Alt Right.

Same as you try to deflect how awful you are by trying to highlight myself and my "white supremacist" friends.  Clean your own house up before you talk about how dirty my home is my friend.

Then where did the concept of black or African pride come from?  If not to suggest a superiority of a group of people over others.

You're not proud of your skin color?  I pity you that my friend.  Your self hatred is quite troubling. 

I know what the thread is about and it is clear that it isn't a support thread.  However the same standards aren't applied... if a Muslim kills a bunch of people, you will be quick to say judge ONLY that ONE person.  However if a white person makes fun of a woman or a non-white then we have to look at the WHOLE GROUP of Alt-right people.
(09-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Would you say the same to a black person and hispanic for taking pride in something they played no part in?

Yes, and indeed I have. I don't tell people how stupid I think it is to have pride in being born somewhere, so those that actually emigrated I don't bother with, but I've said it a number of times to friends of mine of various ethnic backgrounds. An American that is descended from someone brought over on a slave ship 400 years ago would face the same reaction when trying to talk about African heritage (especially because African culture is not a thing) in Africa.

(09-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You are preaching to the choir when you tell me not to be proud of my heritage, but find no voice in telling blacks not to take pride in theirs.

You're a funny one.

(09-23-2016, 10:31 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: It isn't just the alt-right.

No, the pride in heritage thing isn't just Alt-Right, and not everyone shares my opinion, like even Pat has no problem with it. I even find nationalism for the country you live in you be a bit disgusting, like the indoctrination that tends to go on in schools here in the US, not everyone is of the same opinion. But, my mention of the Alt-Right was more about them claiming heritage from countries and then calling the citizens of those countries that particular word and continuously misrepresenting their culture that they claim to have pride it and what not. That is pretty unique to the Alt-Right from my observations.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-23-2016, 10:46 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Same as you try to deflect how awful you are by trying to highlight myself and my "white supremacist" friends.  Clean your own house up before you talk about how dirty my home is my friend.

How am I awful? 

Quote:Then where did the concept of black or African pride come from?  If not to suggest a superiority of a group of people over others.

I literally answered this in the post you're quoting.

Quote:You're not proud of your skin color?  I pity you that my friend.  Your self hatred is quite troubling.  

My skin color, hair color, eye color, and height are not things I derive pride from. Doesn't mean I am self hating because I don't hate my skin color, I just don't derive pride from it. Why would I? It doesn't define my culture. 

Quote:I know what the thread is about and it is clear that it isn't a support thread.  However the same standards aren't applied... if a Muslim kills a bunch of people, you will be quick to say judge ONLY that ONE person.  However if a white person makes fun of a woman or a non-white then we have to look at the WHOLE GROUP of Alt-right people.

The Alt Right movement as a whole is based on xenophobia and white supremacy. For your comparison to be accurate, it would be like attacking all white people for  the actions of the fringe Alt Right movement. We're not, we're attacking the movement responsible for this hatred. I get that you I get that you're trying to sugar coat it, but we know what it is. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-23-2016, 12:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My skin color, hair color, eye color, and height are not things I derive pride from. Doesn't mean I am self hating because I don't hate my skin color, I just don't derive pride from it. Why would I? It doesn't define my culture. 

This.

My mother is 100% Italian.  My great-grandparents literally came over on the boat and got married here.  But she is whiter (skin shade wise) that anyone I know.  So am I and my sister.

Her brother and his kids are all very dark skinned.

None of that has anything to do with what I like about my Italian heritage or any pride I derive from it.

Your skin color is a fluke of nature and DNA.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-23-2016, 12:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: This.

My mother is 100% Italian.  My great-grandparents literally came over on the boat and got married here.  But she is whiter (skin shade wise) that anyone I know.  So am I and my sister.

Her brother and his kids are all very dark skinned.

None of that has anything to do with what I like about my Italian heritage or any pride I derive from it.

Your skin color is a fluke of nature and DNA.

My Irish ancestors weren't considered White. My great-great grandfather's draft card says he is "ruddy". My Italian ancestors weren't considered White either. The descriptions, caricatures, and attacks against the Italians in the late 1800's and early 1900's mirror Mexicans and Latinos today. 

When this idea of a white identity was first perpetuated, it was limited to Northern and Western Europeans (those of Germanic origin). Slowly, it began to include other European ethnicities, like the Italians, Irish, Greek, etc as a way to justify junk science that said other groups were inferior and as a way to justify legal discrimination. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-23-2016, 10:37 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Keep searching then.

The Alt-Right is about shit posting.  They will say anything except to promote violence.  If violence is used, such as rape, it is usually not a true Alt-Righter or possibly a shill trying to distract from the message of the alt-right.

I'm just quoting you so that you know I'm addressing you.  Aren't you the one that was suggesting that the nation be segregated by races with some sort of drive through privileges?
(09-23-2016, 02:35 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm just quoting you so that you know I'm addressing you.  Aren't you the one that was suggesting that the nation be segregated by races with some sort of drive through privileges?

HMMM...
Cracked really isn't that funny anymore. Used to read them a lot. Really fell off a cliff the past few years.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(09-23-2016, 02:35 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm just quoting you so that you know I'm addressing you.  Aren't you the one that was suggesting that the nation be segregated by races with some sort of drive through privileges?

Yes. 

It is already divided and will only continue to get worse. 

However, where do I promote violence in this?

You want to live with blacks, fine do so.  Quit trying to force those that don't want to live with them to have them around. 

Just look at Charlotte and Baltimore.  I would rather blacks that are "outrage" for the death of a criminal to not be around me and my family.  
(09-23-2016, 06:03 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yes. 

You want to live with blacks, fine do so.  Quit trying to force those that don't want to live with them to have them around. 

Just look at Charlotte and Baltimore.  I would rather blacks that are "outrage" for the death of a criminal to not be around me and my family.  

Wait, are your parents on these boards? I would take that up with them, because no one here is 'forcing' you to live in a multi-cultural society.  If that is your preference, the onus is on you to find a desolate swath of land where you can hunker down and live by yourself.
(09-23-2016, 06:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Wait, are your parents on these boards? I would take that up with them, because no one here is 'forcing' you to live in a multi-cultural society.  If that is your preference, the onus is on you to find a desolate swath of land where you can hunker down and live by yourself.

So cute when you try to be insulting and come off as ineffective.

Sure you are "forcing" me and all like me to live in a multi-cultural society, you do that by creating laws that make it illegal to have an all white area. 

Like I said, you can be free to live with blacks and Muslims.  However I should be free to keep them at a distance. 

If they chimp out or blow up buildings, they should be with those that think like you do, not forced onto me.
(09-23-2016, 06:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So cute when you try to be insulting and come off as ineffective.

Sure you are "forcing" me and all like me to live in a multi-cultural society, you do that by creating laws that make it illegal to have an all white area. 

Like I said, you can be free to live with blacks and Muslims.  However I should be free to keep them at a distance. 

If they chimp out or blow up buildings, they should be with those that think like you do, not forced onto me.

Take it however you want.  If an apt description of your views is insulting to you, I suggest you reevaluate them.

What is keeping you from going and buying a bunch of land and living by yourself?  There are islands you could acquire.  Why should everyone else need to cater to your inability to deal with others?  
(09-23-2016, 06:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: If they chimp out or blow up buildings, they should be with those that think like you do, not forced onto me.

Not too long ago, in this forum, I learned that comparing blacks to any monkies/apes is a severe insult.
I always regarded it as a silly general rib to anyone, but was informed otherwise.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(09-23-2016, 06:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Take it however you want.  If an apt description of your views is insulting to you, I suggest you reevaluate them.

What is keeping you from going and buying a bunch of land and living by yourself?  There are islands you could acquire.  Why should everyone else need to cater to your inability to deal with others?  

No my views aren't insulting.... only you trying to be insulting with your way of dismissing them.

What is keeping you from moving to Somalia where you can have blacks and Muslims as your neighbors.

It isn't everyone else, a lot of people agree with me.  So what do we do with them?  Make them suffer because of your virtue signaling?
(09-23-2016, 06:58 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Not too long ago, in this forum, I learned that comparing blacks to any monkies/apes is a severe insult.
I always regarded it as a silly general rib to anyone, but was informed otherwise.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Oh I am well aware of the comparison.  However if they act like monkeys and apes then they will be compared to monkeys and apes.  Charlotte and Baltimore and Ferguson and all the other "peaceful protest" that they start when they don't get their way, are just examples of them chimping out.

If they don't like the comparison then they can take VDs advice to me and maybe re-evaluate their behavior.
(09-23-2016, 07:41 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No my views aren't insulting.... only you trying to be insulting with your way of dismissing them.

What is keeping you from moving to Somalia where you can have blacks and Muslims as your neighbors.

It isn't everyone else, a lot of people agree with me.  So what do we do with them?  Make them suffer because of your virtue signaling?

I'm not the one who has a problem living amongst people.   

Seems like people with considerable mental abilities and vast career background dont save enough of their earnings to live out the life of complete seclusion they desire. 
(09-23-2016, 06:03 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkik6EUQUc