Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Artist renderings of proposed PBS renovations.....
(08-02-2022, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Looks really cool.  Addresses a lot of my complaints in the review of PBS (listed pros and cons).  Hope they really dive in to ingress/egress....huge problem now.  The seat reduction makes me wonder what they will do for those season ticket holders, but overall I like the improvements.  They need only walk next door to GABP to have some ideas for restaurant venues and themes in the concourses.  

An on-site betting lounge.  Never thought I would see the day, but awesome.  

Ive been to 28 baseball parks and 12 NFL parks.. no NFL park ive been too comes even close to baseball for food and it is a simple answer.. the games are so different.. football fans tend to stay in their seats, baseball slow game, they leave their seats much more... Sure im good with upgrades to the menu but really true football fans tend to care less about the food, maybe a bit more about vendors with drinks..lol

No doubt the ingress/egress is a big deal.. as it more escalators.. both again back to time to get to your seat and time out of your seat so you don;t miss the action..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 01:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm all for it. I mean the place is just a little too dark and cold.

I agree. 

if you're trying to get food or something and not in your seats, it is very dark and cold. 

I'm not saying have it be a circus, but a little lighting and color would help keep the atmosphere positive.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 03:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ive been to 28 baseball parks and 12 NFL parks.. no NFL park ive been too comes even close to baseball for food and it is a simple answer.. the games are so different.. football fans tend to stay in their seats, baseball slow game, they leave their seats much more... Sure im good with upgrades to the menu but really true football fans tend to care less about the food, maybe a bit more about vendors with drinks..lol

No doubt the ingress/egress is a big deal.. as it more escalators.. both again back to time to get to your seat and time out of your seat so you don;t miss the action..

I'd say it also has to do with the number of games. A vendor might be more willing to set up in a baseball stadium where there are 81 home games as opposed to setting up to serve in 8 NFL games. There's a whole lot more profit for them in baseball.
Reply/Quote
Forgive me if I overlooked, but is seating capacity going to increase?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 07:22 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Forgive me if I overlooked, but is seating capacity going to increase?

I think it’s actually going to decrease.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: They're actually starting a betting app to bet in house this year.

Right, I forget the company they are partnering with, but it should be up and running January 1, 2023.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 07:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think it’s actually going to decrease.

It looks like they are removing a few thousand seats, mostly in the upper level end zones, for the larger scoreboard and the night club on the opposite end.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 10:45 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: It looks like they are removing a few thousand seats, mostly in the upper level end zones, for the larger scoreboard and the night club on the opposite end.

Yep, that's what I was reading. 

I'm all for it if it the fan experience really does increase as much as it looks like it will.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 10:45 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: It looks like they are removing a few thousand seats, mostly in the upper level end zones, for the larger scoreboard and the night club on the opposite end.

i would say probably 2,000 range but i would not say they are losing that numbers of ticket holders.. since they will be adding club seats in the terrace structure plus with the rendering there will be able space to watch the game without a seat so standing room only tickets will increase i would think
Reply/Quote
Here's the chart of the proposed seating options.  It looks like the total seats is about the same but somewhere around 3,000 regular seats are replaced by premium seats.  This probably makes sense because a lot of those are endzone and corner seats that have often gone unsold.

[Image: ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fewscripps-brightspot.s...-final.jpg]
Reply/Quote