Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Destro Says:
We can’t have nice things. Gonna take me a bit to calm down from this one. Game seemed kinda shady from early on.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:50 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: We can’t have nice things. Gonna take me a bit to calm down from this one. Game seemed kinda shady from early on.

Shady as in we had a ghost playing defense. Jets moved the ball AT WILL. 37-45??? Is that a serious stat line? I bet Mahomes won’t even put up those kind of numbers.
Reply/Quote
Just have to give the Jets credit. They came out and played inspired football on both sides of the ball. Our defense never adjusted. The two interceptions we had weren't even their QB's fault. We had 1st and Goal at the 1 and didn't score. After that, we didn't deserve shit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ah yes. It's that famous no pressure/no coverage D we all love to see.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Today sucked for sure, but we can rebound against Cleveland and hit the bye at 6-3, which aint shabby for a team one year removed from four wins. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and there's plenty of football left to be played.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Let downs happen, the game plan from NYJ was really good and we didn’t adjust well at all. I thought more press looks with double robbers was a counter to their quick inside passing attack. I’d be willing to let them try to beat us 20 yards down the field outside the numbers but death by a thousand check downs was brutal.
Reply/Quote
Football Gods see my joy, then they crush me.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Today sucked for sure, but we can rebound against Cleveland and hit the bye at 6-3, which aint shabby for a team one year removed from four wins.  This is a marathon, not a sprint, and there's plenty of football left to be played.

Yup.  And until today there was only a handful of snaps of game film on White.  Can't game plan against the unknown.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:05 PM)Destro Wrote: Football Gods see my joy, then they crush me.

Should've sacrificed a chicken....

[Image: 44f98929-fff3-43f0-b495-794774a06fd9_screenshot.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.  And until today there was only a handful of snaps of game film on White.  Can't game plan against the unknown.

But you can game plan to tackle the guy with the ball and White wasn't a defender as Mixon and Chase had sub 35 yards games.

They picked him off twice and he still managed over 400 yards and hit 10 different receivers. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:16 PM)Destro Wrote: But you can game plan to tackle the guy with the ball and White wasn't a defender as Mixon and Chase had sub 35 yards games.

They picked him off twice and he still managed over 400 yards and hit 10 different receivers. 

Yep the Jets earned this win as did the Bengals earned the loss. 

Know nobody ever agrees and says stats claim otherwise, but I still say take the points and kick the damn FG. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Ah yes.  It's that famous no pressure/no coverage D we all love to see.

It is going to bother me for a while, too.  Hate how much I care about this team sometimes.

It felt like Chuck Breshnahan all over again.  Zero pressure, and wide open targets.  Then, after the first two drives, he dialed up some pressure and forced two turnovers.  Then, as though they were supposed to lose or something, he stopped.  And the Jets picked back up when they started.

That was the most embarrassing defensive game I have ever seen from a supposed playoff team.  They were manhandled by a team that just lost by 40 to the Pats.  

Ugh.  
Reply/Quote
We did let our emotions get a little out of hand after the Baltimore game. Seriously, we were talking Super Bowl before more than half the season was played. Maybe we should temper our expectations and then be pleasantly surprised rather than set them high and be disappointed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yesterday’s loss against the Jets is solidly on the coaches. The game plan on both sides of the ball was absolutely wrong. I do not know who Zac, Brian, and Lou were game planning against but it certainly was not the New York Jets.
Reply/Quote
Forced one Jet punt all game. We kinda got bailed out on the turnovers or they would’ve hung 50 on us probably. 30 of his passes went for 5 yards or less it seemed. Then it was another 10 yards of YAC after those receptions. They’d make a catch and there wasn’t a Bengals defender in the picture screen. For the life of me I don’t know what the hell defense they were in. Only rushing 4 guys so not sure what the coverage was doing. When we did hit a runner we just bounced right off of them and they kept running. Finally had a nice form tackle at the end and it was flagged. Official wanted to throw that flag so bad. It was out a split second after he seen their helmets touched. There’s literally helmet to helmet contact every damn play. When we’re on offense we need to start teaching ball carriers to aim their helmet at the defenders helmet. I guarantee we’re gonna see a rule change that all helmet to helmet penalties have to be reviewed like in college.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Should've sacrificed a chicken....

[Image: 44f98929-fff3-43f0-b495-794774a06fd9_screenshot.jpg]

Nah..Find a young virgin and throw her into a volcano. It's the only way.. Nobody cares that you eat a bucket of chicken, but throw a young girl into a volcano and people notice.. ThumbsUp
That said..The Jets need to be investigated for practicing human sacrifices..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote