Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As Exciting And Rewarding This Season Has Been so Far I'm shaking My Head..
(10-28-2015, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am not above that. Seen enough of them bastids cheap shots and overall cheating ways.

Never understood how anyone could be a fan of them.

I see a lot of Stealer fans around where i live as well, more than any other team. Makes me sick. Sick

To me it's simple. They've won more Super Bowls than anyone, therefore they have more fans than anyone. I can't stand when the announcers talk about how well their fans travel. They're just everywhere. Piss on em.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 07:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: To me it's simple. They've won more Super Bowls than anyone, therefore they have more fans than anyone. I can't stand when the announcers talk about how well their fans travel. They're just everywhere. Piss on em.

Yah, bandwagon doosh fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:41 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You're going to hell

Seems like I missed that part of the bible. Exactly which chapter and verse was that in?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What kind of Bengals fan has Steelers players on his fantasy team in the first place?  Then again, I don't play for money so the fact that I haven't every put a Steeler on my team in the 6 years I played might not carry as much weight.

Meh, you take the best player available. There's money on the line, so I'm betting with my head, not my heart. Ben is actually one of my QBs (Andy being the other one). I may start Ben Sunday. That may just jinx him into a horrible performance. If so, you're all welcome.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Does anyone else hate when the media constantly brings up that Steelers' fans "travel well"?

Those fans don't travel any more than any other fan base. They just have a shit ton of bandwagon fans littered throughout the country.

Plus those stupid yellow snot rags make them easy to spot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The amount of pure hatred of the Steelers in this thread is fantastic. I've been absolutely fed up with them and their fanbase my whole life. They need to go down. They NEED to. On so many levels this would be a great win. I want their playoff hopes crushed. I want their entire fan base to be crying by the time the game ends on Sunday.

I hope we embarrass them.
Reply/Quote
Forgot all about Hunt. Funny some were going on about how we should trade the guy for fun and profit. I doubt we could trade him for a water boy much less a draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:51 AM)Utts Wrote: Forgot al bout Hunt. Funny some were going on about how we should trade the guy for fun and profit. I doubt we could trade him for a water boy much less a draft pick.

I think most of you are worrying too much. If you've taken the time to watch our competition,  you would see they really arent that impressive this year. save yourself an ulcer on this one.

Reply/Quote
To me this game would hurt more if it resulted in a bad injury for one of the Bengals, especially one that was caused by a cheap shot ordered by their thug coach.

There are only two other CBS early games on Sunday so it is very likely they're going to be showing it here in south Florida. I would absolutely love it if the Bengals humiliated them 42-0 or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Motivation is everything.  The steelers HAVE to win this game.  It's at home, and if they lose, they will fall four full games back in the loss column (five, really, since head-to-head).  It will be tough for the Bengals to match their desire.  The Bengals don't NEED this win.  It would be great, and they will come out firing, but it is going to be difficult for sure.

If putzburg wins, it doesn't end the Bengals season.  They simply have to even them up when they come to PBS.  

However....if the Bengals can win this game....they have a shot....at going 16-0.  I'm not joking.  The AZ game will be a very difficult travel on a short week, but they can (and just might) win them all if they get the win this weekend.

They could be 9-0 heading to AZ.  If you get to 10-0, they are going to start thinking about it.  Don't come back at me with "one game at a time".  I'm not a player, I'm a fan....and I can look ahead without any ramifications to the team.  

The Bengals are playing with house money.  The steelers have everything to lose here.  If the Bengals can avoid a big play to Bryant, Bell, or Brown then I think it is a slug fest and the Bengals simply have the better defense.  

I am beyond excited for this game.  Who-dey!!!

I don't see any issue for the Bengals matching the intensity. Why would they? The Steelers beat us not once, but twice in 2014 costing us our division and making us a wild card on the road. The players and coaches know what to expect and they know the Steelers are in must win, but the Bengals have a chip on their shoulder called getting no respect. They have been to the playoffs 4 years in a row, had a roster mostly in tact, yet the media picked the Ravens or Steelers to win the AFCN and many predicted the Bengals would not make it back to the playoffs the 5th year in a row.

The Steelers may beat us as overcoming a hostile environment against a very good football team may be too much, but it won't be a lack of preparation or a lack of effort in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Does anyone else hate when the media constantly brings up that Steelers' fans "travel well"?

Those fans don't travel any more than any other fan base. They just have a shit ton of bandwagon fans littered throughout the country.

Plus those stupid yellow snot rags make them easy to spot.

Yes, so much.

My sister is a Steelers fan, but that's because of her husband. I don't know if she knows any player outside of Ben. A lot of these people can tell you about Ben, maybe Bell and Brown, but that's about it. They're more than happy to talk about Ward and Polamalu. I asked one of them about the Immaculate Reception. They looked at me with a blank stare.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yes, so much.

My sister is a Steelers fan, but that's because of her husband. I don't know if she knows any player outside of Ben. A lot of these people can tell you about Ben, maybe Bell and Brown, but that's about it. They're more than happy to talk about Ward and Polamalu. I asked one of them about the Immaculate Reception. They looked at me with a blank stare.

The Steelers won 4 titles in the 70's, 2 here recently, plus they were pretty outstanding during the 90's. So they've picked up countless "fans" along the way. I've never understood how some people can just root for a team they have no connection with. If you don't live anywhere near an NFL team, I guess I can understand picking out a successful one to cheer for, but these bandwagon Steelers fans that pack opposing stadiums obviously have a local team they could follow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Steelers won 4 titles in the 70's, 2 here recently, plus they were pretty outstanding during the 90's. So they've picked up countless "fans" along the way. I've never understood how some people can just root for a team they have no connection with. If you don't live anywhere near an NFL team, I guess I can understand picking out a successful one to cheer for, but these bandwagon Steelers fans that pack opposing stadiums obviously have a local team they could follow.

There are people in tool and die that root for Steelers...not all of them, I didn't.....Just because you work with steel, doesn't mean you need a Steelers decal on your tool box.....but they do get some people that because they work with metal and steel, they think they have to root for a team of that name. ...but a lot of tool and die and factory people root for other teams and are not so one dimensional. .....Also New York media such as ESPN seems to cry if Steelers lose. They sure don't cry if Bengals lose, but they cry if Steelers lose. The media plays a big part in the Steelers hype. 

Come Sunday, on the field, the 1970's won't matter, Super Bowls past won't matter, the media won't matter.....Just the two teams of 2015 going at it......and you can put all the history in the garbage can. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: I say it's time to go in there smelling blood......Ben is wounded? Attack that sumbitch every play with everything you have.  Win or lose, knock that punk to the turf every single down if you can.  To hell with the penalties.....but that's just me and my bloodlust vengeance speaking.... LMAO

That may be the plan with Burfict...I hope he hits Ben on all his limited snaps. Freakin hate Pitt, A true hatred on the same level as terrorist. Pitt is the only team i wish pain upon as payback for all the pain they have caused us in the past. F*&K Pitt.
Reply/Quote
I used to 'hate' the Steelers with a passion but I've gotten over it. Call me whatever you want but the Steelers have always been one of the teams to beat. Excellent coaching and a strong fan base.

I've been a Bengals fan since I was 6 (my first NFL game I saw on tv). I'm from Hawaii, many friends are West coast team fans but I see more Steeler fans than any other team.

IMO, all teams have good and bad fans. Y'all act like Cincy does not have any douche fans.

I know it's a part of the game to 'hate' a rival team but when it starts to interfere with your life (reality), you should reevaluate your situation pronto.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 05:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know we have to lose one eventually (during the regular season), I just hope the football gods are on our side for one more week (then I promise I'll handle our first loss with a little perspective). The thought that the Steelers will ruin our streak.........I just don't want to even think about it.

You might want to make that two weeks. I highly doubt anyone would want to lose to Cleveland on Thursday night either. Especially after last year's Thursday night game vs Cleveland.

(10-29-2015, 04:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I asked one of them about the Immaculate Reception. They looked at me with a blank stare.

I'm not the least bit surprised, but that made me laugh pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That may be the plan with Burfict...I hope he hits Ben on all his limited snaps. Freakin hate Pitt, A true hatred on the same level as terrorist. Pitt is the only team i wish pain upon as payback for all the pain they have caused us in the past. F*&K Pitt.

I would say that is the opposite of what Coach Lewis wants. He says Pittsburg game will have nothing to do with when Burfict is activated, and Burficts health and such are way, way more important factors and the Steelers are a non factor. ......Plus, they want Burfict to start playing smarter and tackling smarter. He really creates his own injuries and penalties and suspensions. They do not want Burfict coming back as the same head butting player that refs would flag over and over for huge penalties, that the NFL and it's refs considered a dirty player, that would give himself concussions on these head butt plays. No, the Bengals want him playing a heck of a lot smarter. There is no place in the NFL for the old Burfict. The rules have changed, and Burfict has to change with the rules. Those unsportsman like conduct penalties really hand the other team great scoring opportunities. Plus he is injuring himself more than anybody, since he has had concussions and these hits only bring him more and worse concussions.....

So he needs to come back when healthy....and he needs to play a heck of a lot smarter....He is a Pro Bowl player that can make tackles he right way and needs to clean up his game and show the reasons why he was undrafted, he can change and get smarter, he can be coached. He didn't go undrafted for lack of talent, he had talent. He went undrafted because he was considered not able to coach and kind of stupid. ...If Burfict listens to Coach Lewis, he could avoid concussions and be a Pro Bowler for a long time.......you do not bring him back to be a head hunter after Big Ben. That's just encouraging him to play stupid. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:22 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I used to 'hate' the Steelers with a passion but I've gotten over it. Call me whatever you want but the Steelers have always been one of the teams to beat. Excellent coaching and a strong fan base.

I've been a Bengals fan since I was 6 (my first NFL game I saw on tv). I'm from Hawaii, many friends are West coast team fans but I see more Steeler fans than any other team.

IMO, all teams have good and bad fans. Y'all act like Cincy does not have any douche fans.

I know it's a part of the game to 'hate' a rival team but when it starts to interfere with your life (reality), you should reevaluate your situation pronto.

All teams have some doosh fans, its just that Pitt has the highest percentage.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:13 PM)jason Wrote: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa....  I've been waiting for that tool to get back for weeks now so my number 1 fantasy pick (Antonio Brown... system WR extraordinaire) will be relevant again.  Let's take it out on Bell one more time.

So you are a Steeler fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah this is kind of a must-win game for the Steelers. 4 games back in the loss column is going to make it difficult for them. They certainly have lots to play for today. All very well documented.

However, we don't win them all unless we win today. It's the goal. Win every game we play, and if ever a Bengals team existed that can do it, this is the team that can. Best Bengals team these eyes have seen since 1968. And I do mean "team", not this individual player on offense or that one on defense. Plus the coaching is on the same page, developing plans that use the best of what your talent can deliver. Total unity so far. It's what makes it a 'must win' for us, which is maintaining that unity that has been so painstakingly put together to this point.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote