Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As I watched the SB
I couldn't help thinking how the Bengals could have beaten both those teams. We had the broncos on the ropes, in their house, with our second string QB. That broncos D went on a tear after playing us, but the Bengals held them at bay pretty well. They werent going off and causing the problems they did for brady and cam newton against the Bengals. Made the way the season ended even more frustrating....ugh.
Reply/Quote
I thought the same thing. We all probably did. If it makes you feel any better, I think the Bengals (along with the Pats) have to be the favorites in the AFC next year, and no teams are in better shape to rule the AFC for the next several years. Tom Brady will be 39 to start the season, so their window is closing. The Broncos don't have a long term answer at QB. I guess the Steelers will be around for awhile, but our team is more talented than theirs honestly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Call me a loser, but my powers of "whatcouldabeen" kept showing flashes of the Steelers not losing Pig Ben and/or LeVeon Bell and winning the Super Bowl. EEK!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: I couldn't help thinking how the Bengals could have beaten both those teams. We had the broncos on the ropes, in their house, with our second string QB. That broncos D went on a tear after playing us, but the Bengals held them at bay pretty well. They werent going off and causing the problems they did for brady and cam newton against the Bengals. Made the way the season ended even more frustrating....ugh.
[Image: tumblr_m2e8iopVTt1rttd6ho4_250.gif]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: I couldn't help thinking how the Bengals could have beaten both those teams. We had the broncos on the ropes, in their house, with our second string QB. That broncos D went on a tear after playing us, but the Bengals held them at bay pretty well. They werent going off and causing the problems they did for brady and cam newton against the Bengals. Made the way the season ended even more frustrating....ugh.

Yep.  I hope the players on the team realized the same thing and come back more focused and work their asses off in the offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Call me a loser, but my powers of "whatcouldabeen" kept showing flashes of the Steelers not losing Pig Ben and/or LeVeon Bell and winning the Super Bowl.  EEK!

Bengals beat that team in their stadium, when their defense was healthy.  They nearly beat them with a backup QB.  Don't worship fat azz and the boys too much.  They still have a weak secondary and the Bengals have the one defense that can control their offense.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  I hope the players on the team realized the same thing and come back more focused and work their asses off in the offseason. 

So it was the 7th PO loss that should make them focus more? Why?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Call me a loser, but my powers of "whatcouldabeen" kept showing flashes of the Steelers not losing Pig Ben and/or LeVeon Bell and winning the Super Bowl.  EEK!

The difference there is Williams had an exceptional year so he made up for Bell as a whole and Ben was back when it most counted for them at the end of the season and playoffs.  We lost Dalton at the worst possible time... and Eiffert missed a decent amount at the end of the season that hurt us since we did not have the type of backup performance like Williams did for Bell.... 

Bengals were a better team than Steelers this year with injuries included.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bengals beat that team in their stadium, when their defense was healthy.  They nearly beat them with a backup QB.  Don't worship fat azz and the boys too much.  They still have a weak secondary and the Bengals have the one defense that can control their offense.  

So the Steelers couldn't have won the Super Bowl with their starting QB and the top RB in football because we beat them once this year?  Interesting.  Ok, I'll buy it.  The Bengals totally shoulda won.  Let's just put this SB trophy in our case next to the imaginary one we won in 2005 and call it a day.

(02-09-2016, 11:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The difference there is Williams had an exceptional year so he made up for Bell as a whole and Ben was back when it most counted for them at the end of the season and playoffs.  We lost Dalton at the worst possible time... and Eiffert missed a decent amount at the end of the season that hurt us since we did not have the type of backup performance like Williams did for Bell.... 

Bengals were a better team than Steelers this year with injuries included.

But...we lost twice to them.  Again, I'm on a Bengals message board so I realize fantasy trumps reality here, but I'm starting to worry about the sanity of this place.  Dalton and Eifert are magically healed, Bell isn't, Ben isn't, we won 1 of 3 but we won the only one that really counted, and so on and so forth.

Fair enough, I just wouldn't expect us to bowl over the Steelers in 2016 just yet.  I've never seen a team declare domination over a rival that beat them twice in a season, but maybe I can learn.

Wait, I can do this. If we woulda fired Marvin Lewis after 2010 we'd have Palmer and Green tearing up the league with that defense and have Dalton ready to take over for Palmer and probably have won like twice by now. Bruce Arians could be our HC, and all that, too!
Reply/Quote
Off season Power Rankings:
Top 3 AFC
1 - NE (until Brady starts to show age, will this be the year? Does it even matter when Belichick is your coach?)
2 - Pitt (it is what it is they have our #, and the refs)
3- Bengals (we would be #1 with Belichick as our coach)

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:40 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Off season Power Rankings:
Top 3 AFC
1 - NE (until Brady starts to show age, will this be the year? Does it even matter when Belichick is your coach?)
2 - Pitt (it is what it is they have our #, and the refs)
3- Bengals (we would be #1 with Belichick as our coach)

Mine :

AFC:

1. Denver (Say what you want, but they won)t
2. NE (Still one of the best w/ Brady + Belicheck)
3. Pitt ( They clearly have our number and they should be better with Bell back)
4. Bengals ( If we get Andy back well and like he played last year with a new o-coordinator, I would have us above Pissburgh, but we don't know anything yet).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:46 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Mine :

AFC:

1. Denver (Say what you want, but they won)t
2. NE (Still one of the best w/ Brady + Belicheck)
3. Pitt ( They clearly have our number and they should be better with Bell back)
4. Bengals ( If we get Andy back well and like he played last year with a new o-coordinator, I would have us above Pissburgh, but we don't know anything yet).

I definitely feel Denver are a just champion (they beat all the good teams) but i was under the impression they were going to lose some key pieces. Also, it appears they kicked it up a notch after they beat us and went on one of those magical journeys not unlike Eli's Giants. We'll see i suppose but i have them at #4.

Reply/Quote
How does Pittsburgh clearly have our number?

It took the refs, two coaches and a broken QB for them to beat us...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How does Pittsburgh clearly have our number?

And Peko running out with a cape, a super imaginative 2pt conversion, and a backup RB gashing us falls under which one of those?

They beat us by getting in our head. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How does Pittsburgh clearly have our number?

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/teamvsteam?opp=7

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:02 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: And Peko running out with a cape, a super imaginative 2pt conversion, and a backup RB gashing us falls under which one of those?

They beat us by getting in our head. 

Right, shitty refs and coaches interfering. They got away with it so no one cares. But that's the only reason they won in the playoffs. 

(02-09-2016, 04:03 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/teamvsteam?opp=7

Are you a Steeler fan? 
The last several times we've played them it's painfully obvious they try dirty shit to get the edge because we are better. It's pittsburgh so they get away with it. That's not having a number. that's being scared. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Right, shitty refs and coaches interfering. They got away with it so no one cares. But that's the only reason they won in the playoffs. 

Are you a Steeler fan? 
The last several times we've played them it's painfully obvious they try dirty shit to get the edge because we are better. It's pittsburgh so they get away with it. That's not having a number. that's being scared. 

Yeah big time fan, on your knees bungle fan and kiss all 6! #Steelersnation. #Sixburgh  Ninja

No but seriously, I agree with your sentiment about dirty play and what not, they still have the "W" in the column though and last i checked that is all that matters. No need to get mad at me about that because i'm just as mad as you are about that.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Right, shitty refs and coaches interfering. They got away with it so no one cares. But that's the only reason they won in the playoffs. 

Are you a Steeler fan? 

Lol, You sound paranoid and delusional.  Do you wear a tinfoil hat as well?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 04:14 PM)513312 Wrote: Lol, You sound paranoid and delusional.  Do you wear a tinfoil hat as well?

Outed troll folks. 
Reply/Quote
When I was watching that game, I was bored as shit.

I was also stewing, because we should have had the #1 seed, and the bye. If Nug could make a FG, the bengals would have been in an entirely different circumstance.

Dalton Back

Extra Week of Rest

I honestly think the Bengals would have won the SB if Nug could make a FG, or we won the toss vs Denver, or McCarron didn't Fumble, etc.

Per the usual in Cincy...We choked bad when it counted. Both vs Den in the reg season, and vs Pitt in the WC. Par for the course with Cincinnati pro sports...47 combined seasons of failure.
Reply/Quote