Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Reds Ship Sunk, So Glad Bengals Start Training Camp.
I can read about Bengals and not last place Reds......BRING ON BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 07:08 PM)kevin Wrote: I can read about Bengals and not last place Reds......BRING ON BENGALS.

I agree.  Let's just hope that come mid-October we are not saying the infamous: "Can't wait 'till baseball season."

Hoping for the best.  WHO-DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
I still have to see if the reds won every day.  It's kind of like some bad drug I have to do knowing that the drug isn't available and I'll die if I even look at it much less take it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are the Reds mathematically eleminated?

I don't know since I don't follow boreball...eer...basebore...eer...baseball.

If they are not, there is still hope, lol.
Reply/Quote
Go Yankees!  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 07:08 PM)kevin Wrote: I can read about Bengals and not last place Reds......BRING ON BENGALS.

I quit following the Reds after the 1994 strike. Apparently I have not missed anything. Sick
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 01:24 AM)Derrick Wrote: I quit following the Reds after the 1994 strike. Apparently I have not missed anything. Sick

Me too!  I quit baseball altogether after that strike.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 05:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Me too!  I quit baseball altogether after that strike.

It wasn't the strike for me, just a game that became too slow and unwatchable to follow.  I tried to get back into it with my kids, taking them to games.  But once their bellies were filled with ice cream, pretzels, etc. they were ready to leave - usually about the 3rd inning.  Baseball is just too slow for this new generation and this old guy also (sad because I played most of my life and loved the game).

Bring on football.
Reply/Quote
Flash forward four months:

God, the Bengals are stinking it up. When does baseball season start?

[Image: kvkxs.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I wonder, when exactly the NFL took over? The NFL is now the most popular sport in America, and it's not even close. I grew up watching/playing baseball, but the older I get, the less interested I become.

It's odd too, because football isn't the most fast-paced sport either. I mean, in comparison to baseball it is, but not in comparison to basketball.

Football is also a very complex sport as well, which makes it a little odd to be the most popular. I mean, a lot of kids/women don't understand football. They don't understand downs/plays/positions etc.

Football is a big head game. I would say on average, Football players are more intelligent than the average NBA/MLB players.
Reply/Quote
Sad 
There is always FC Cincinnati.
[Image: Jeremy-Hill.jpg]
Formerly The Great Sanu at boards.bengals.com
Rep Points: 1271
Reply/Quote
The Reds have struggled in recent years to keep us remotely interested in them until football arrives. That is OK, because I feel that there is some mystical force that prevents them both from being good at the same time.

This is the Bengal's year.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 05:20 PM)Gohards Wrote: I wonder, when exactly the NFL took over? The NFL is now the most popular sport in America, and it's not even close. I grew up watching/playing baseball, but the older I get, the less interested I become.

It's odd too, because football isn't the most fast-paced sport either. I mean, in comparison to baseball it is, but not in comparison to basketball.

Football is also a very complex sport as well, which makes it a little odd to be the most popular. I mean, a lot of kids/women don't understand football. They don't understand downs/plays/positions etc.

Football is a big head game. I would say on average, Football players are more intelligent than the average NBA/MLB players.

I've always found basketball very boring.  I think the complexity of football is what makes it interesting.
Reply/Quote

Yea, this has been a frustrating season for the Reds, but we all were (or should have been) counting down the days until Bengals TC before April because we knew the Reds were going to be bad. With that said, there have been some exciting moments and some early winning that kept me periodically watching Reds games this season up until now. Won't watch another game likely the rest of the season though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 08:03 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I've always found basketball very boring.  I think the complexity of football is what makes it interesting.

I too find basketball relatively boring, and that's primarily because the slightest contact draws a foul. I'd be more interested in basketball if it teams could play more physical defense (almost to the point of street ball). And I despise how the last few minutes of a game takes like a half hour due to all the timeouts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 11:02 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Are the Reds mathematically eleminated?

I don't know since I don't follow boreball...eer...basebore...eer...baseball.

If they are not, there is still hope, lol.

They've been mathematically eliminated since August of 2014.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 01:40 PM)jason Wrote: They've been mathematically eliminated since August of 2014.

They're eliminated for next year too, sadly.
Reply/Quote