Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Seen on TV
TV advertising makes every product look like a "must have "great addition to the household.
Have you been pleasantly surprised by something ordered off TV ?
Extremely disappointed to " fall for this load of BS "
Share your experiences here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have had good success with the few I have purchased.

Flex seal, Mighty Putty have been great .
Reply/Quote
Back in '97 or '98 my roommates went to NYC for summer internships, so I had the place to myself for awhile.

When they returned, one of them literally stated "I guess we shouldn't have left you alone with no one supervising the liquor cabinet" because I had purchased a Freshsaver (now called Foodsaver) after watching the "freshness genie" infomercials.

I think I've bought six Foodsavers since then, one that replaced my original Freshsaver, the others as gifts for loved ones that the recipients loved.

Additionally every person that would ever be around when I would use the thing would end up buying one of their own within a few months of first seeing it in person.
Reply/Quote
Just ordered some Rocketcopters.

I'll let you know.
Reply/Quote
I love this stuff. What's the nuttiest thing any of you have purchased?
Reply/Quote
Flip n fold is pretty good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:41 AM)J24 Wrote: Flip n fold is pretty good.

A buddy of mine confessed that sister gave him one for his birthday, and he cussed her out saying it was a waste of money.

After using it the first time, he stated he can't live without it.
Reply/Quote
I got that bacon bowl maker as a gift. It took about 30 minutes for the damn thing to look like the picture on the box. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

My wife and I were on vacation and happened to watch some HSN. They had some over the top character named Professor Amos demonstrating his cleaning products. I was laughing, but I suddenly started thinking the stuff worked. We looked up all sorts of reviews and people seemed happy with his stuff. We ordered some stuff and it's been great for us. I've found the drain cleaner to be better than anything I get in the stores.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The wife bought a Kitty Shack for our cat some time back. It's a mat that zips up to form a tube. The cat likes it zipped up and will often doze insde of it. If we leave it unzipped in its mat state then the dog will lie on it and the cat just looks at him with a death glare. It does trap a lot of hair, which is good for the rest of the furniture and the carpet but bad when it's time to clean it off.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 09:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The wife bought a Kitty Shack for our cat some time back.  It's a mat that zips up to form a tube.  The cat likes it zipped up and will often doze insde of it.  If we leave it unzipped in its mat state then the dog will lie on it and the cat just looks at him with a death glare.  It does trap a lot of hair, which is good for the rest of the furniture and the carpet but bad when it's time to clean it off.

Might have to check this out. I got 2 cats and a dog, I can just imagine my cats giving my dog the death glare haha. they already do!  LMAO
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
A hearty thanks to everyone that responded.
Reply/Quote