Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a 5th year starting QB
(08-25-2015, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if Dalton goes 30-35 for 450 yards 5 tds and 0 interceptions in a playoff game but loses then we should get rid of him as our QB?

ummm.. with those numbers I doubt we lose that playoff game Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:26 PM)Derrick Wrote: I have never voiced an opinion (+/-) about Dalton. However, with all the hype this preseason about AD stepping up and taking on the leadership role, I now have an opinion. HE CAN'T DO IT!

I call BS.

There is no way you made it through 4 years completely neutral and then suddenly formed an opinion based on 1/2 of one random preseason game.

Joe Flacco just went 3-7 for 23 yards, zero tds, and 2 picks against the Eagles.  Does that mean he is finished as a QB?
Reply/Quote
Last night the OL play was laughable. Add in Green muffing a ball right on his hands, Andy sailing a ball for an INT and Hill fumbling and the rout was on. And other than Green's muff it all starts with the OL, who should be embarrassed. Winston, Zeitler and Bodine got beat like rented mules constantly. I actually started timing the pocket collapse - Andy had defenders on him in on average a little over 2 seconds. And the effect was the same on the run game - no holes and the back constantly getting hit in the backfield.

A real coaching staff would have those linemen out there today running wind sprints as punishment. but we don't have disciplinarian coaches, which is why the play is sloppy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if Dalton goes 30-35 for 450 yards 5 tds and 0 interceptions in a playoff game but loses then we should get rid of him as our QB?

I'll lay 20-1 odds @ $100 that will never happen!! Interested? PM me for paypal info.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:39 PM)xavierdude Wrote: ummm.. with those numbers I doubt we lose that playoff game Wink

You get my point.  If Dalton plays well and we lose do you still get rid of Dalton?

BTW I saw Palmer lose a game for the Bengals where he completed 67% of his passes for 400+ yards and 6 tds.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:44 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I'll lay 20-1 odds @ $100 that will never happen!! Interested? PM me for paypal info.

Okay, for the sake of argument let's say he goes 28-42 for 423 yards and 4 tds plus runs for another td.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We talk and talk about how great our o-line is and then they play badly enough in pre-season to turn Dalton into David Carr?

I'm thinking their "greatness" is directly correlated with how fast on average Dalton usually gets rid of the football.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, for the sake of argument let's say he goes 28-42 for 423 yards and 4 tds plus runs for another td.

You chose the stat line, You said 30-35 thats an 86% completion rate with a minimum 30 passes, you stated 450 yds passing, and 5 tds which you did not specify passing or rushing thus we can honor both.

There you have it Counselor,

I do believe that is an "offer";
with the existence of "consideration";
clarification for "meeting of the minds";
Do we have an "acceptance" for "mutual assent"?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 11:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much.

I think the overall plan by Marvin was just to play a conservative preseason game. Make some safe plays and get a few bugs worked out. Lovie and the Bucs wanted to win at home and build some confidence. The screw up, for us, is now Dalton has this gem of a game to look back on because the whole team was playing crappy but he's taking the usual lumps.

gotta love these bengals fans that have already buried this team due to one preseason game

only thing I took from this game was that Green has to be more physical when catching passes and that if Michael Johnson does not turn out to be that good pass rusher..we may have a problem
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:27 PM)Wxavierdude Wrote: gotta love these bengals fans that have already buried this team due to one preseason game

only thing I took from this game was that Green has to be more physical when catching passes and that if Michael Johnson does not turn out to be that good pass rusher..we may have a problem

I would hardly say it's from one preseason game. It's not like Marv and Dalton are new here, they have set just a little bit of precedent in their tenure.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:07 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: You chose the stat line, You said 30-35 thats an 86% completion rate with a minimum 30 passes, you stated 450 yds passing, and 5 tds which you did not specify passing or rushing thus we can honor both.

There you have it Counselor,

I do believe that is an "offer";
with the existence of "consideration";
clarification for "meeting of the minds";
Do we have an "acceptance" for "mutual assent"?

What is this gibberish?

I asked a question about if we should replace Dalton if he plays that well in a playoff game and we still lose.  You never answered that question.

Then you made some sort of offer for a bet that I would never take.  And it had nothing to do with the original point I was making.

So can we just go back to answering my question?  If Dalton plays really well and we still lose in the playoffs do you still favor replacing him as our QB? 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:53 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'm thinking their "greatness" is directly correlated with how fast on average Dalton usually gets rid of the football.  

I don't think anyone is surprised that you would think that.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is this gibberish?

I asked a question about if we should replace Dalton if he plays that well in a playoff game and we still lose.  You never answered that question.

Then you made some sort of offer for a bet that I would never take.  And it had nothing to do with the original point I was making.

So can we just go back to answering my question?  If Dalton plays really well and we still lose in the playoffs do you still favor replacing him as our QB? 

Didnt you lose a bet on the last board? The bet was to not have you post there anymore, but you just reneged on it and chose to not honor your word.

So, you're basically a liar and scum.  Your 'Bets' are meaningless 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:56 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Didnt you lose a bet on the last board? The bet was to not have you post there anymore, but you just reneged on it and chose to not honor your word.

So, you're basically a liar and scum.  Your 'Bets' are meaningless 

I never made a bet anywhere in this thread.

WTF are you even talking about?

And are you going to answer the question that I asked?  If Dalton plays well and we still lose in a playoff game would you still be in favor of replacing Dalton as our QB?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:55 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't think anyone is surprised that you would think that.

Conversely, I don't think anyone would be all that surprised you think differently.  It's just a coincidence Dalton gets rid of the ball faster than 98% of NFL QBs.  Our pass blocking is elite except for all the times Dalton gets hit when he holds on to the football for more than a hot second.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never made a bet anywhere in this thread.

WTF are you even talking about?

And are you going to answer the question that I asked?  If Dalton plays well and we still lose in a playoff game would you still be in favor of replacing Dalton as our QB?

You did.  You lost.

You didnt honor it 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:00 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: You did.  You lost.

You didnt honor it 

I never made a bet anywhere in this thread.

As for what happened on the old board I made a bet and then withdrew before anything happened.  It was not like I waited until I lost the bet to back out.  At the time I backed out there was still the same chance I would win.  

But, again, what does any of this have to do with the subject of this thread?  Why are you so obsessed with me that you refuse to make any posts about the discussion we are having in this thread.  Am I really that important to you?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:58 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Conversely, I don't think anyone would be all that surprised you think differently.  It's just a coincidence Dalton gets rid of the ball faster than 98% of NFL QBs.  Our pass blocking is elite except for all the times Dalton gets hit when he holds on to the football for more than a hot second.  

It just screams bias when you're essentially saying that every time he holds the ball for more than a second, he gets hit. That's ridiculous.

Our line has been very good for at least a couple years, and it's just dumb to not be able to admit that. Andy has held onto the ball for more than 2 seconds without getting hit plenty of times.

If you want to say we don't have the absolute best, elite line in the league, okay, I'm sure you could make legitimate arguments for that. You're just admitting you don't watch the games if you can't say they've been a good offensive line though.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:18 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It just screams bias when you're essentially saying that every time he holds the ball for more than a second, he gets hit. That's ridiculous.

Our line has been very good for at least a couple years, and it's just dumb to not be able to admit that. Andy has held onto the ball for more than 2 seconds without getting hit plenty of times.

If you want to say we don't have the absolute best, elite line in the league, okay, I'm sure you could make legitimate arguments for that. You're just admitting you don't watch the games if you can't say they've been a good offensive line though.

Where have I said "everytime"?  The line only looks good because they don't have to hold their blocks for very long.  When they have to they get embarrassed like they did on average last night.  Dalton was sacked and hit how many times yesterday?  How many routes went deep?  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is this gibberish?

Gibberish? I thought you were a proud holder of the Juris Doctor of Law? Certainly you would know the elements of a contract, then....

I was just having fun with you based on that fact, and I wouldn't expect you to take that bet either because those are extremely difficult numbers for any QB to put up in the playoffs. 

To answer your question though, If AD played well in a playoff loss this year, I would still be in favor of replacing him for a few reasons;

1) His play over the last four seasons speaks for itself, he can win games with a good team around him, but he does not have the skill set to elevate a team. 

2) Statistically he is average to below average amongst fellow QBs.

3) The nature of his contract allows the Bengals to move forward with no exra cost after this season. It will be the time to do so.

I personally think Dalton has played his last playoff game with the Bengals, in my opinion they will not make the playoffs this year due to a much more difficult schedule (As a fan I hope I am wrong about this!) I think the Bengals will decide to go ahead and move on from him after this season, if and when, he dissapoints. The very nature of how they wrote the contract with only two seasons guaranteed left them with an "out" clause.
Reply/Quote