Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a 5th year starting QB
(08-26-2015, 10:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah, that's not a fact though.

Do you think there's a reason that Andy threw the ball a few HUNDREDTHS of a second faster on average than other QBs, yet Andy was hit/hurried/sacked dozens less times?

If we're going to sit here and pretend that a tenth of a second or even less will result in such a discrepancy in pressure totals, then I think that's more of a "you" problem than a problem with the people that see that we have a good pass blocking line. They may not be the absolute best in the league, that part can be arguable for sure, but you're flat out lying if you can't admit that they're among the better lines in the NFL. Bodine may be a questionable talent, but the other 4 starters are nothing short of stout linemen.

You are a moron, it's not a tenth of a second we are talking about, a good offensive line gives a qb a solid five count on a three step drop, not all the time but most. Start paying attention to the time our qbs get, it's not even a consistent three count.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:26 AM)kramer1 Wrote: They haven't won a single game that mattered.

I think the Chargers and Ravens are better teams. I also don't like our track record at Oakland. Given that information I can make an educated guess at 1-2. Not to mention we may not have Burfict or Johnson playing.

They beat Denver last year in week 16 to clinch the playoffs. 

I think that mattered
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:38 AM)thegimp Wrote: You are a moron, it's not a tenth of a second we are talking about, a good offensive line gives a qb a solid five count on a three step drop, not all the time but most.   Start paying attention to the time our qbs get, it's not even a consistent three count.

I like our OL overall, but I have said the same thing. Our OL is great with 3 step drops.

But, once we go to 5 and 7 step drops our OL becomes mediocre at best. I see it also as a weakness and a reason when we are in long down and distance plays, our chance of success is way down. Our OL has to get better in these situations.

This has nothing to do with AD making bad decisions, he has to do with most QB's in the NFL if given time can find receivers and most NFL receivers if given more time can get open. Any QB who gets happy feet (not comfortable or confident) because they don't trust the OL is a recipe for failure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:38 AM)thegimp Wrote: You are a moron, it's not a tenth of a second we are talking about, a good offensive line gives a qb a solid five count on a three step drop, not all the time but most.   Start paying attention to the time our qbs get, it's not even a consistent three count.

So, I'm a moron for speaking in facts, while you make broad claims with no basis past "because thegimp says so"?? I'm cool with looking past statistics, but in some cases, statistics tell a LOT of the story, the o-line being one of them.

It IS about a tenth of a second, if you could take a minute to cool down and actually comprehend what I'm writing.

Andy releases the ball quickly on average compared to his peers, that's true, BUT in some of the cases, it's literally by tenths or even hundredths of a second. Some of these guys releasing the ball maybe a tenth of a second slower than Andy have still be hit, hurried, and sacked many more times than Andy.

Why is that if our pass blocking line is so terrible? Derp derp derp.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:55 AM)djs7685 Wrote: So, I'm a moron for speaking in facts, while you make broad claims with no basis past "because thegimp says so"?? I'm cool with looking past statistics, but in some cases, statistics tell a LOT of the story, the o-line being one of them.

It IS about a tenth of a second, if you could take a minute to cool down and actually comprehend what I'm writing.

Andy releases the ball quickly on average compared to his peers, that's true, BUT in some of the cases, it's literally by tenths or even hundredths of a second. Some of these guys releasing the ball maybe a tenth of a second slower than Andy have still be hit, hurried, and sacked many more times than Andy.

Why is that if our pass blocking line is so terrible? Derp derp derp.

Yep you're a moron. Can't be any more fact base than the fact our o line does not give the qb a five count. The difference between a 3 count and a 5 count is a lot more tan a tenth of a second
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:05 AM)thegimp Wrote: Yep you're a moron.  Can't be any more fact base than the fact our o line does not give the qb a five count.  The difference between a 3 count and a 5 count is a lot more tan a tenth of a second

Do you know what a "fact" is??

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQctE6pcDFLkzzZoNDUAgw...mmUeaV6KqA]

Also, it's pretty clear that someone didn't understand anything that was written in my post. I love how you're calling me a moron but you have NO idea what I'm talking about with the tenths of a second. You can keep talking in circles and with your opinion of the 3 and 5 second counts, and I'll keep using statistics to back up my opinions. Seems fine to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:10 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Do you know what a "fact" is??

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQctE6pcDFLkzzZoNDUAgw...mmUeaV6KqA]

Also, it's pretty clear that someone didn't understand anything that was written in my post. I love how you're calling me a moron but you have NO idea what I'm talking about with the tenths of a second. You can keep talking in circles and with your opinion of the 3 and 5 second counts, and I'll keep using statistics to back up my opinions. Seems fine to me.

I get it now, you're a fan, probably never played and certainly never coached. I am trying to discuss how the game is supposed to be played, and you are just whining that other teams give up more sacks, completely oblivious to all of the variables that lead to a sack. Fact is that by standards understood by all coaches, the Bengals offensive line leave a lot to be desired when it comes to pass blocking.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:56 AM)thegimp Wrote: I get it now, you're a fan, probably never played and certainly never coached.  I am trying to discuss how the game is supposed to be played, and you are just whining that other teams give up more sacks, completely oblivious to all of the variables that lead to a sack.  Fact is that by standards understood by all coaches, the Bengals offensive line leave a lot to be desired when it comes to pass blocking.

Which team do you coach?

I do apologize for arguing with hard data and statistics to back up my opinions instead of just saying "No, they aren't good because I'm making a baseless claim".

You have nothing to prove what you're claiming as the reason they're not good at pass blocking. At least I'm explaining the reasons why I have my opinion and I'm using data to back that up.

Also, yet again, everything I post goes over your head. When did I "just whine about sacks"??? You CERTAINLY aren't educated, I've never seen someone lack basic reading comprehension so much in my life.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:57 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Which team do you coach?

I do apologize for arguing with hard data and statistics to back up my opinions instead of just saying "No, they aren't good because I'm making a baseless claim".

You have nothing to prove what you're claiming as the reason they're not good at pass blocking. At least I'm explaining the reasons why I have my opinion and I'm using data to back that up.

Also, yet again, everything I post goes over your head. When did I "just whine about sacks"??? You CERTAINLY aren't educated, I've never seen someone lack basic reading comprehension so much in my life.

If you understood how the game is supposed to be played you wouldn't state that my claim is baseless...and you may want to reread your posts, you seem to have forgotten what you said
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:12 PM)thegimp Wrote: If you understood how the game is supposed to be played you wouldn't state that my claim is baseless...and you may want to reread your posts, you seem to have forgotten what you said

Which team do you coach?
Reply/Quote
I am a receivers/dbs coach at a middle school in Columbus
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:31 PM)thegimp Wrote: I am a receivers/dbs coach at a middle school in Columbus

[Image: 39966-Robert-Downey-jr-laughing-gif-M5Bd...41e7a8.gif]

Obviously that makes you the undisputed law on offensive line play and nobody with greater credentials believes the opposite of your opinion, therefore anyone that doesn't believe exactly what you have to say is a "moron". Great to know.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:50 PM)djs7685 Wrote: [Image: 39966-Robert-Downey-jr-laughing-gif-M5Bd...41e7a8.gif]

Obviously that makes you the undisputed law on offensive line play and nobody with greater credentials believes the opposite of your opinion, therefore anyone that doesn't believe exactly what you have to say is a "moron". Great to know.

No need to get defensive, there is a way the game is supposed to be played and there are standards that different positions strive to obtain, and you are unaware of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:54 PM)thegimp Wrote: No need to get defensive, there is a way the game is supposed to be played and there are standards that different positions strive to obtain, and you are unaware of them.

At least I can understand sentence structure and I don't struggle with reading comprehension. It's really tough to have a legitimate argument with someone when they don't even understand what you're saying when you're spelling it out as slowly as you can.

I mean, how stupid can a person be? It's funny that you STILL have no idea what my arguments were, and have absolutely no way to refute what I've posted except repeating your same nonsense.

I'd definitely be bragging about being a middle school position coach, they don't just give those jobs away to anybody!
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 01:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: At least I can understand sentence structure and I don't struggle with reading comprehension. It's really tough to have a legitimate argument with someone when they don't even understand what you're saying when you're spelling it out as slowly as you can.

I mean, how stupid can a person be? It's funny that you STILL have no idea what my arguments were, and have absolutely no way to refute what I've posted except repeating your same nonsense.

I'd definitely be bragging about being a middle school position coach, they don't just give those jobs away to anybody!

It's funny you're accusing me of not comprehending you when you can't get it through your head that your point is not valid.   I get what you are saying, but you are wrong.  

And for the record, you are correct, they don't let just anyone coach middle school football.  The town where I coach you have to have three years of coaching experience, pass two tests, and obtain a concussion certification.  

I'm done you're too damn ignorant and defensive, I'll let you have the last word.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:31 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: And they haven't lost any either....

Aside from Rivers being a better quarterback, I don't think San Diego is better than us.

Their coaches are better.  The playoff game proved that.  But it is a regular season game in the daytime, so, who knows.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:39 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If he had all day to throw the ball like Winston did he probably would have been able to.  Perhaps he's a bit gun shy seeing as how there's usually someone in his face if he waits too long?  

That can't be....remember this line is all world and the O-line coach is hall fame.  Unfortunately, what we seen in the preseason also happens in the playoffs and in big games.  Yes, I blame the line who are not coached up for the game.  Alexander is horrible.
Reply/Quote
need to provide time for a QB to make his reads. the o line is good but if they cant prevent a rush long enough for their QB to make his reads, there is an issue.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:22 PM)type_stripe Wrote: need to provide time for a QB to make his reads. the o line is good but if they cant prevent a rush long enough for their QB to make his reads, there is an issue.

How many lines are we gonna have to develop for this bum? And what else needs to be fixed so that Dalton can play like he's paid to?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:43 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Lol.  What bets do you make that you can you control?  And who would accept a bet that you can control?

This defies logic.

Too funny. So true.
Reply/Quote